thai girl friend locked up

winnie666

My Thai girlfriend is locked up for a crime she didn't commit. She has done 2 years with one more to go. I want to get her out now but not sure if to go to a lawyer as being a falang, they think we have money. Any suggestions please

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has done 2 years with one more to go. I want to get her out now

She has already done 2 years, and now you want to get her out ?? What's the catch ??

she kept getting told six months, next month you will get out. guards are liars, lawyer was a tosser, didn't tell her anything just give me money

No one in prison is guilty, son. They'll all tell you that.

She's done the hard yards...it's all downhill from here.

But I am intrigued. You have been visiting and supporting her for 2 years and only now you decide you want her out. Why the sudden change?

• Like 1

She has done 2 years with one more to go. I want to get her out now

She has already done 2 years, and now you want to get her out ?? What's the catch ??

she kept getting told six months, next month you will get out. guards are liars, lawyer was a tosser, didn't tell her anything just give me money

this is certainly not the procedure. something is wrong, how do you know she had 1 more year to go?

You can buy out of prison before sentencing. Once they go in there is little that can be done. You cannot appeal or get a reversal because no one in the legal system will ever admit they were wrong. I am afraid there is nothing you can do but wait it out.

• Like 1

you are a farang - you do have money - [compared to the average poor Thai ] - just seems to be a matter of how much she is worth to you - how much time she has left and yes, as another asked - 2 years? - why now.

ps - I have heard that nobody ever did the crime.

I would suggest that you talk to someone like Siam Legal initially. They will be able to check on the background of the case and give you a straight answer (in English) as to whether there is anything you can do and how much it is likely to cost. There are good Thai lawyers around who will be much cheaper but there are too many that will just take you for a ride and do nothing useful.

Don't go trying to bribe anyone as was suggested in another post here, you will end up in jail.!!!!!

Send money for her or her family to get a lawyer. whistling.gif

Most lawyers that I have dealt with do not charge more for falongs IMHO. Good point above, if you are concerned about the possibility of getting ripped off, then give the money to the family to deal with the lawyer. Frankly though, I would trust the lawyer more than some Thai families I know.

• Like 1

Advice from a public prosecutor:

Do not do anything;

Do not visit her;

Lawyers can not do anything now

All attention to her prison time will be debited as "unwanted" and you being a farang as possibly damaging th Thailand.

• Like 2