What Was The Last Farang Meal You Made?

klubex99

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mince and potatoes, made enough for three meals and froze two of them.

Took immense pleasure in adding copious quantities of Lea & Perrin Worcester Sauce to the plate and then mashing all the mince and spuds together to make a thoroughly unappetizing looking gruel......wife looked on and was gagging. Tasted bloody beautiful...then I waddled over to the tele and couldn't move for 45 minutes.

My husband does that to every single thing he eats, even when eating out. He calls it sloppy Molly, I've heard someone else from Teeside call it that but never from anyone else.

Apparently Robert Maxwell, the former media mogul, used to do that all the time, even when eating out at fine dining restaurants.

I rarely do completely Farang or completely Thai meals, but the latest ones that I didn't mess with too much were:

Ratatouille

Pesto

Beet root salad

Chicken Tikka Masala

Baked beans with lots of stuff

Chili Con Carne

Up next: something that marries Azuki beans with brown hill tribe rice. Not sure yet if it'll be something salad-like or risotto-like. But it'll have sausage in it.

My cooking is mostly driven by what the Royal Project wholesale outlet has available on a particular day.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Herbert Walker Bush Broccoli Garlic Macaroni Surprise of Santa Cruz California

post-37101-0-24737400-1374600161_thumb.j

An easy pasta dish which is more about the broccoli than the pasta

Small size Italian macaroni

Boil water

Add pasta (small portion relative to the broccoli)

Some minutes in add sliced shiitake mushrooms and optional large Thai red pepper

about 2 minutes before pasta finishing add lots of broccoli cut into largish pieces

Drain

Mix in pesto:

Pesto is olive oil, parm cheese, lots of minced garlic, chopped Thai hot peppers, paprika, and mustard (spicy deli or Dijon)

Add toppings:

Chopped olives (black or green)

Sliced precooked skinless chicken breast meat

Avocado cut into smaller chunks

Mix the toppings around a bit

That's it.

Quick and easy assuming you've got the chicken prepared.

You could use sliced pepper ham or other meats as well, even crispy fried tofu fried in olive oil

The avocado is not optional. It makes it.

Edited by Jingthing

Ain't there a cooking forum for all you bloody women.

This us Thailand, no real man cooks and shares recipes on forums with other men.

be happy man can cook

why do you think the most chefs are man !

it is ok with me if you want to live thinking that it is still 1900 something

i enjoy making food and eating it

• Like 1

Ain't there a cooking forum for all you bloody women.

This us Thailand, no real man cooks and shares recipes on forums with other men.

Yes I thnk there is a cooking forum. It is housed in the "looking after kids, doing the laundry, barefoot and pregnant' forum kicked off around 1925. Apparently it is quite popular. Not of course as popular as the 'Where's my bloody dinner?' forum.

• Like 2

Lentil Soup (but with a leftover pork leg as ham bones are so hard to come by)

My favorites to make are lasagna and roast turkey though. Both are too dam_n expensive though.

turkey agree lasagna if you make the sheets yourself very cheap

Creeps and maple syrup, or maybe it was French toast...

Also do up pasta primavera with loads of Parmesan on a regular basis :-) I laugh when I serve it to my friends they put it on rice. (Macaroni and all ha ha)

I always keep PB on hand and eat it with those pretzel sticks lol...

What was the last farang meal you cooked for yourself? - Mince & Tatties

What is your fave comfort food from your home country that you make here - Same

How does the wife/gf react to your western culinary creations? - She loves all of them :-)

Also do up pasta primavera with loads of Parmesan on a regular basis :-) I laugh when I serve it to my friends they put it on rice. (Macaroni and all ha ha)

Creeps and maple syrup sounds interesting, I can think of a couple I'd like to coat in the stuff and then serve up for public consumption.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Lentil Soup (but with a leftover pork leg as ham bones are so hard to come by)

My favorites to make are lasagna and roast turkey though. Both are too dam_n expensive though.

turkey agree lasagna if you make the sheets yourself very cheap

It is the cheese - Mozzarella, Ricotta and Parmesan. Even if I substitute cottage cheese for ricotta it is expensive.

Creeps and maple syrup sounds interesting, I can think of a couple I'd like to coat in the stuff and then serve up for public consumption.Posted Image

awe crap. iPhone auto correct. I much prefer crepes over creeps to be honest. But it does sound like a habitual ex boyfriend scenario... Usually chocolate sauce or Nutella though...

Belgium's classic : Americain Prepare with french fries and tartare sauce

Drool :-)

Actually brought a bunch of whole nutmeg nuts over last trips, along with a metal grater. Key component of this dish!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually brought a bunch of whole nutmeg nuts over last trips, along with a metal grater. Key component of this dish!

If you want the real stuff that the butchers use : http://www.gekruid.com/americain.html As far as I know they are the only one who sell it to the public.

It's from Verstegen and comes in 2.5 kg packages, normally only sold to professionals. This smart website repacks it in packages of 100 gr or so. They also have other great mixes.

Mix it with mayonaise and you have your base. Personally, I add quite a lot of onion, capers, salt, tabasco and a bit of ketchup. You need to experiment a bit till you have your prefered taste. Never heard of nutmeg in prepare but it's great in 'gehakt' biggrin.png

If you want the real stuff that the butchers use : http://www.gekruid.com/americain.html As far as I know they are the only one who sell it to the public.

It's from Verstegen and comes in 2.5 kg packages, normally only sold to professionals. This smart website repacks it in packages of 100 gr or so. They also have other great mixes.

Mix it with mayonaise and you have your base. Personally, I add quite a lot of onion, capers, salt, tabasco and a bit of ketchup. You need to experiment a bit till you have your prefered taste. Never heard of nutmeg in prepare but it's great in 'gehakt' biggrin.png

nice site but they do not send to Thailand

however i can have it send to family in Holland so they can send to me

problem is a year ago they send a buch of official packed herds and herbmixes all sealed and most of it went missing from the box , some got opened by them and cos they did not close it properly ended up all through the box ( must have thought is it weed or something)

Last night I finally gathered the ingredients for biscuits and made my first ones in the toaster oven. Delicious if a little burned on the bottom. Looks like I need to learn my toaster oven and/or figure out the skillet method. I remember my mother making biscuits on the stovetop.