Renewing A Retirement Visa On The Last Day

They will accept an application even if you do not qualify - that is the whole idea of the seven days to depart. Would cost an extra 1,900 baht perhaps but should be accepted for processing.

That's good to know. Thanks.

I was talking more about getting to the point of getting a queue number at Jomtien. It seems to me the idea of screening the documents for completeness is to not give a number to obviously incomplete documentation sets.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone else (currently in Thailand) make a small deposit to the OP's bank account and then go to the bank the day before the OP arrives and ask for the letter to be prepared? Then, all the OP would have to do is update the passbook, assuming the other person doesn't have access to the passbook.

I'd like to think that Hubby could somehow manage this for me, even though (of course) the 800,000 baht bank account is solely in my name. (It probably would help that we also have a joint account at the same bank branch.)

If there is no other person available, then perhaps either a call to the bank and/or a visa agent could be a good insurance policy.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much since Lopburi3 confirmed that the OP would get a 7-day extension if all else failed. That's plenty of time to sort everything.

Edited by NancyL

Could someone else (currently in Thailand) make a small deposit to the OP's bank account and then go to the bank the day before the OP arrives and ask for the letter to be prepared? Then, all the OP would have to do is update the passbook, assuming the other person doesn't have access to the passbook.

I'd like to think that Hubby could somehow manage this for me, even though (of course) the 800,000 baht bank account is solely in my name. (It probably would help that we also have a joint account at the same bank branch.)

If there is no other person available, then perhaps either a call to the bank and/or a visa agent could be a good insurance policy.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much since Lopburi3 confirmed that the OP would get a 7-day extension if all else failed. That's plenty of time to sort everything.

Nancy, joint accounts do not help for immigration. It must be in the individuals name only.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all your input! clap2.gif

I wound up having no problems.

At the airport, the Immigration asked me a few questions but it was clear that he was trying to be helpful not wanting to put me in a situation where I only had one day instead of thirty. It probably helped a bit that there were no long lines and he wasn't in a rush.

The next morning, I was the first guy in the bank and they had the letter for me in a little over an hour.

Arrived at Immigration about 11AM , got the copies made next door, and as soon as they gave me a number it was immediately called. Everything was in order and they told me to come back after 3PM to pick up my passport.