A positive post

dao16

Nope, I don't, outside the fact that my girlfriend is positively fantastic. I have no doubt she would ante up if I ever had a financial problem.

But it is great to hear that this kind of thing does happen here. Thanks for posting.

When the 'cash cow' is sick it would be rather foolish not to take care of it.

My Thai family of 12 years look after themselves most of the time. Of course, being part of the family we help in times of difficulty. Likewise, they have helped financially a couple of times- siblings that is, of my wife. If it doesn't work both ways then someone is a mug.

Nice to hear a posative post ,my wife's family are the same , they have never asked for anything in 20 years (except her brother,but he taps us all thai and farangsmile.png ) ,only once did i get a loan for 400,000 baht from them many years ago when the pound started to drop (i thought it would go back up ,boy was i wrong) i am sure there are many of us married to nice decent Thai women with nice decent familys

Not a troll.....

And no, the sum was not hundreds of thousands of baht, or ten of thousands of baht or even thousands....It was just enough to sort of get me through the day (think 500 baht) and then a meal to make sure I was eating, and some beers because they know I like beer ^^.

So, no, in terms of numbers, it wouldn't impress anyone, but it is nice when people go out of their way to help you when you are in a tight spot, even when they don't have to. Just as opposed to the "my Thai family screws me out of everything" Yes, I read those posts, too, and I know they can happen, but I thought it would be nice to hear other people's stories of being lent a hand.

• Like 2

I had a very bad accident a while back and the whole family were great the way they looked after me. Also during this time I had one of my ATM cards act up on me and I couldn't get any money. One of my sister in laws lent me ฿10,000 it was a great help at the time. I also had a couple of farang fans offer to lend me money as well, but I got thongs straightened out and didn't need their help. I am a lucky guy I have great family in Canada and a great family on Thailand.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not a troll.....

And no, the sum was not hundreds of thousands of baht, or ten of thousands of baht or even thousands....It was just enough to sort of get me through the day (think 500 baht) and then a meal to make sure I was eating, and some beers because they know I like beer ^^.

So, no, in terms of numbers, it wouldn't impress anyone, but it is nice when people go out of their way to help you when you are in a tight spot, even when they don't have to. Just as opposed to the "my Thai family screws me out of everything" Yes, I read those posts, too, and I know they can happen, but I thought it would be nice to hear other people's stories of being lent a hand.

Wow so your "Thai" family helped you out in a time of need and this is worthy of a post. <deleted> isn't this what families are all about yet you seem surprised - maybe a bit of doubt about your status here.

A Thai gf once deposited 2M in my account that held more than that because she was taking too. Much of my time and making me do the dirty in a special way.

It did nt stop me from breaking up with her a few months later and paying her back a month later.

She said she was connected and would have me done up in a jiffy, so I held on the cash awhile longer incase my funeral came earlier than expected. When she finally begged , I gave. It back. I am a nice guy.

After a long drive up North, i left my atm card at a fuel station.

No means of instant access to cash as it was late and we where all tired.

Later on after telling the story to the in-laws.

The FIL empty's his wallet and gives us his last 300bht.

It happens a lot in Thailand, you don't hear about it much on here though.

CCC

A very poor troll

Seriously ? The guy tries to post something positive and you want to tear him down ? 

Never never post a positive about Thais you will annoy someone.

I've got loads of positive stories but keep them to myself, as long as I know I am satisfied.

• Like 1

Chittychangchang, I had a similar experience with a Thai cook who cant have earnt more than a couple hundred baht a day - tried to give me back the tip I'd given her the day before when she saw how hungover I was. Also had a doorman in KL - an increasingly crazy city - pay the balance of my taxi bill when our bus broke down out on the highway. At that stage, the only reason he had to believe that I was staying in his hotel was that I told him I was - you'll struggle to find that level of trust in Sydney.

Not a troll.....

Wow so your "Thai" family helped you out in a time of need and this is worthy of a post. <deleted> isn't this what families are all about yet you seem surprised - maybe a bit of doubt about your status here.

But absolutely NO doubt about your status on this thread, eh phil?