reading some threds

pigeonjake

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused, you express a negative opinion about people who express their dissent about negative opinions because the negative opinions either have no effect or are too close to the bone

Yes, you are confused.

I have not expressed a negative opinion, though you perhaps do not like what I have said.

• Like 1

I'm confused, you express a negative opinion about people who express their dissent about negative opinions because the negative opinions either have no effect or are too close to the bone

Yes, you are confused.

I have not expressed a negative opinion, though you perhaps do not like what I have said.

Well you certainly weren't jumping for joy about it, your first post although carefully worded leaves no doubt about your thoughts, which I was not confused about, just about your purpose on this particular thread when there are many others more worthy of a man of your talents

I don't know Soi 41, I kind of like finding out new ways of spelling, haha Jake I know all about that mate. But how you could spell beer wrong (bear) had me flummoxed.

jake's a good speler he spelt craic corect wich means loads of bear

• Like 2

Jake

I saw some pigs in Wang Nam Yen, the other day on our way to a Monk party near Khao Chakan, the guy looking after them is in a band that travels around on a ute doing these parties and they camped at our place the previous night after a party in our village, then invited us to a party the next day for their guitarist who was going to be a monk for a while. It looks like hard work to me. He had about 5 big ones and a sow with a litter of about a dozen plus another one ready to deliver

OP, why did you leave your home country?

Found fault with it?

Just curious.

This should be intersting.

Don't hold your breath, though ....

There is a possibility that many posters are happy with there home country but are more happy in Thailand.

• Like 1

Yes, you are confused.

Did to!

Yes, you are confused.

Do you mean "Did too" or "Did three" ?

OP, why did you leave your home country?

Found fault with it?

Just curious.

I never left my home country because of fault with it - except perhaps lack of opportunity - in fact, I've always moved for the job, not the country, Like most Scots, I believe my country to be the best in the world, to the extent that I may one day live there.

If I lived there, where would I go on holiday?

SC

EDIT: Thanks, PJ, but you have the best of both worlds - working in Scotland and living in Thailand; Oh, to be working in the shadow of the Fourth Crossing!

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

scottlands been good to me,

allways plenty of work both onshore and offshore,

being english i have allways been made welcome, i get on with everyone,

im a gaffer here in whites, but the welders who work for me give me respect the same as i do them, they no i came of the tools and can do the job,

most things in this world are about respect, getting it and giving it, weather at work or at home,

when i come to work here in the uk i look at it as a holiday, i get to see my family and freinds and still get paid a very good wage, so i am very lucky in that way, that why i took this job 3 years ago,

i could work anywere, ive just this last week turned down a good job in ghana after a skype interview, a job in south africa,

im happy coming here, like i say to see my family and freinds and earn money,

im 53, some might say old i dont,(well i wouldnt would i), im building the future of my kids, both in thailand and in the uk, i could retire now, but wouldnt be able to leave then a good leg up when ive gone, there my children i brought them into this world its my job to take care of them, same goes for my wife, its my job to take care of her too,

jake,

ill carry this on later when im in the office,,lol

• Like 2

Thanks, Raj.

PJ: My apologies for adding the EDIT after your Like; I hope that doesn't change you ropinion.

I don't think that it's unreasonable to say that for any choice, there are some negatives, some things that one gives up - as Guesthouse suggested, but nevertheless, one may still forego those advantages for other reasons.

Some posters have said "Everyone is here for sex" and others have said "We're all on the run from something"; of course, we can all deny that - I often deny that I am drunk, married, or stupid... with enough drink inside us, we can deny anything. But it would perhaps do us more good to consider not whether, but how does that apply to me?

I moved to Thailand for a number of reasons, but the winning reason was to get away from head office and head office politics; to set up my own empire within the company somewhere remote, because I knew that I could not compete or fight with the sharks in head office. Realising that weakness has helped steer me in future career choices - choices more successful than my move to Thailand.

SC

• Like 2

streetcowboy,

not at all my mate,

and the forth crossing is going to be called the queensberry crosing or something like that,

i love it up, im golfing in the morning if the rain stops, we have just had a right old downpour,

anyway i hope my responce to why i left the uk and to why i didnt mention the pigs has cleared the air,

if you want to know anything at all just ask,

jake