YZF250 Again!

eezergood

TO be honest, once it comes out I would rather buy a second hand 2013 250cc of some Thai guy that MUST HAVE THE NEW THING - even after he spent 1000's on upgrades! The market will be flooded with them!

WIsh that KTM was better priced, perfect bike for me here in Phuket!

TO be honest, once it comes out I would rather buy a second hand 2013 250cc of some Thai guy that MUST HAVE THE NEW THING - even after he spent 1000's on upgrades! The market will be flooded with them!

WIsh that KTM was better priced, perfect bike for me here in Phuket!

That is true eezergood & also I do not like/want ABS which this new bike has no option out of.

One more thing I have always said is I wished Kawasaki went the other way when they increased the displacement

to not bring the engine closer to square

The old ninja is a blast engine characteristic wise. Not sure how much this added torque via stroke will

take away from the current Bore X Stroke ratio but it has dropped from 1.50 for the 250 which is excellent

down to 1.26 on the 300

Like you I also like the KTM's a lot!

So much so that I have noticed some folks can buy them in India or Cambodia & work some kind of temp registration.

Still looking to see how it all works but the price difference is incredibly less

Never properly ridden a bike with ABS - this wouldnt be my primary concern, it would simply be price alone. For the, expected 60k or so saving, I dont believe the difference in the 2 would be worthwhile to me in my useage. Although, if i am honest with myself, the 300 would be more traffic/user firendly.

Saw a KTM for sale, but the guy was a real arrogant D@@@@@k and was telling me if i didnt bring the exact amount there would be zero chance of a ride or even getting a mechanic to look at it!

Never properly ridden a bike with ABS - this wouldnt be my primary concern, it would simply be price alone. For the, expected 60k or so saving, I dont believe the difference in the 2 would be worthwhile to me in my useage. Although, if i am honest with myself, the 300 would be more traffic/user firendly.

Saw a KTM for sale, but the guy was a real arrogant D@@@@@k and was telling me if i didnt bring the exact amount there would be zero chance of a ride or even getting a mechanic to look at it!

Nothing wrong with ABS per se' I just hate how it feels.

Same in my truck.

One thing very nice on the KTM's is you can switch it off or on as you like.