'Viral Ad' of young Thai star taking meth turns out to be real

webfact

Only tried one of the most addictive drugs on the planet "once"? I know that's what the father wants to believe with all his heart but the odds are against it. A sad family tragedy unfolding - all the more so because it is in the public eye.

I tried it once. Once. Didn't wake up the next day craving for more. Neither the day after that. Neither next week. Not today either.

Addictiveness has more to do with ones' proneness to being addicted, and not so much the drug itself, methinks.

Likewise bra. When I tried it I turned to my friend, who happened to be an addicted anaesthetist, and said

"you are a really bad guy" meaning that stuff is so nice. . . He was selling it.

I never went near it again.

Who was it who tied himself to the mast? Remember people?

If we're lucky and have a couple of grams of common sense, we tie ourselves to the mast because we know what will happen if we don't!!!

I tied myself to the mast. He didn't.

One day some paramedics scraped him off his floor.

He lost his license to practice medicine and learnt how to speak again after a couple of years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently the show is to be re-vamped as it gives young Thais bad thoughts and a false impression etc. In other words nothing but perfection can be shown on TV to reflect how well ordered society is.

Is that right? Wasn't there an article a few weeks back praising this as a gritty and increasingly popular drama? Has there been that much of a backlash, wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

• Like 1

Just a quick search ... Yes China and India leading the pack ...

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-27%20at%205.52.4

While the use of many traditional drugs has waned, the UNODC writes in a new report, so-called "new psychoactive substances" have proliferated, and these new, designer substances now outnumber the varieties of illegal drugs (there are 234, if you're keeping track.)

The number of "NPS" drugs in the agency's member states rose from 166 at the end of 2009 to 251 by mid-2012.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/06/synthetic-drugs-are-multiplying-too-fast-for-regulators-to-outlaw-them/277321/

Reason to edit: 'oops, I actually wanted to post that in the other threat, but suits here as well'.

Edited by wealth

I watched an episode of this show and I think, hat's off to those who made this show. But I think more than addressing these issues, the show seems to promote it more.

Meanwhile, Mr. Songyot Sukmark-anand, the director of the Hormones series, said in a press conference that he initially thought the photo was part of the PR team′s viral marketing campaign as the series had adopted many methods to promote the show.

Or is the show really addressing such? Ignorance is a bliss, eh?

In any case, kudos to the dad for making a public apology on behalf of his daughter. Funny though that they had to "censor" the kid's name, but it's all over the net. One thing I noticed after following some Thai actors and actresses via social media is that Thais are pretty much active online. No wonder things escalated quickly. Viral indeed.

• Like 1

Only tried one of the most addictive drugs on the planet "once"? I know that's what the father wants to believe with all his heart but the odds are against it. A sad family tragedy unfolding - all the more so because it is in the public eye.

Certainly not so.

I went through a drug stage growing up. Weed at 15, xtc at 17 at the weekends, then a bit of coke, then got bored with all of it and did nothing for a few years, then at 22/23 got curious about the harder drugs so tried everything upto and inc. smoking heroin once in order to see what it was like. It was nice. And left it at that. I'm 33 now and last time I did so much as smoke a joint I was 26.

Living a life unexperienced but knowing it all, huh, no thanks.

Someone in Thailand actually admitted fault and apologised? What the hell have they been smoking?

Don´t you have anything better to do, than to sit on the internet and complain about Thais?

Nope. Don't you have anything better to do than sit on the internet and complain about people who you incorrectly thought was complaining about Thais?

For the record, I wasn't complaining. It was a light hearted remark based on the fact that in this country saying sorry is often seen as a sign of weakness. (as correctly observed by the 16 people who 'liked' my comment?) Got it? Good boy.

Edited by Kananga
  • Like 2

Apparently the show is to be re-vamped as it gives young Thais bad thoughts and a false impression etc. In other words nothing but perfection can be shown on TV to reflect how well ordered society is.

Is that right? Wasn't there an article a few weeks back praising this as a gritty and increasingly popular drama? Has there been that much of a backlash, wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

Yes the article praised the series for being more realistic and I heard a bit of an IN Channel report which said the series was popular and not just with teenagers BUT there have been complaints from the moralistic PC brigade that the series should not be covering some of the issues depicted.

We all know what teenagers, and others, get up to and it's ridiculous that some in this society want it denied or withheld. On TV alone we regularly discuss corruption of many types, we had a monk up to all sorts of things, a granny pimping her young grand daughter and a teacher involved in a similar case.

That's only for starters.

Last night on Thai TV news, there was a protracted piece where Chalerm - yes Chalerm - the father and his 16 year old daughter were the subject of an intense media circus. It seems that Chalerm and the father have know each other for many years - at least, according to Chalerm.

Chalerm looked extremely hungover and was slurring his speech, while mouthing off against the evils of drugs and young people today.

The girl looked genuinely and absolutely terrified as the media harassed her with an unrelenting barrage of camera shots.

How the hell did Chalerm get involved, and why? Well that's easy to understand.

It was disgusting and extremely unsettling to watch. The man is an absolute disgrace to humanity.

• Like 1

Yes the article praised the series for being more realistic and I heard a bit of an IN Channel report which said the series was popular and not just with teenagers BUT there have been complaints from the moralistic PC brigade that the series should not be covering some of the issues depicted.

We all know what teenagers, and others, get up to and it's ridiculous that some in this society want it denied or withheld. On TV alone we regularly discuss corruption of many types, we had a monk up to all sorts of things, a granny pimping her young grand daughter and a teacher involved in a similar case.

That's only for starters.

Yes, a retired senior military type - and member of the NBTC - has demanded that the show should be edited to reflect Thainess in a more positive light to prevent impressionable youngsters succumbing to the evils of carnal knowledge, drugs, alcohol, tobacco - you name it.

In the meantime, the rest of the real world can go to hell.

Edited by arthurboy

Last night on Thai TV news, there was a protracted piece where Chalerm - yes Chalerm - the father and his 16 year old daughter were the subject of an intense media circus. It seems that Chalerm and the father have know each other for many years - at least, according to Chalerm.

Chalerm looked extremely hungover and was slurring his speech, while mouthing off against the evils of drugs and young people today.

The girl looked genuinely and absolutely terrified as the media harassed her with an unrelenting barrage of camera shots.

It was disgusting and extremely unsettling to watch. The man is an absolute disgrace to humanity.

I really must wonder how the press can take the interview at face value when <deleted> CHALERM is there.

• Like 1

The father should be congratulated for his response.

With a dad like that she'll probably turn out fine.

<theblether>

I will say though, her Dad deserves the Man Of The Year award for stepping up to the plate. The more people that learn to deal with problems head on in Thailand and being seen to do so the better for everyone.

Teenager does something stupid isn't exactly news.

RE: Addictive

Meth isn't physically addictive, but is very much habit forming.

It is neurotoxic though.

I'm surprised there's not a big problem with psychosis from meth abuse given the tempers of many Thais.

Someone mentioned the's a belief it can make your skin whiter? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Ok?

There are actually skin-whitening pills , ahh, fogetit.

Two-tone girls with nice yellow skin and patchy white face look ridiculous to me.

He must have been at one of the birthday parties for his hero and surely will be in Hong Kong today.

The girl's dad is clutching at straws if he thinks he '' get favourable publicity being seen with Chalerm.

Someone in Thailand actually admitted fault and apologised? What the hell have they been smoking?

Don´t you have anything better to do, than to sit on the internet and complain about Thais?

Nope. Don't you have anything better to do than sit on the internet and complain about people who you incorrectly thought was complaining about Thais?

For the record, I wasn't complaining. It was a light hearted remark based on the fact that in this country saying sorry is often seen as a sign of weakness. (as correctly observed by the 16 people who 'liked' my comment?) Got it? Good boy.

Yes, you managed to find 16 "like" minded Thai bashers on RV Forum.........I got it!

I think 10/10 for the Dad walking in front of the cameras and telling the truth. It would have been far easier to save face and keep his head down. Drugs are a curse, I hope she was telling the truth and it's not racked her already.

I will say though, her Dad deserves the Man Of The Year award for stepping up to the plate. The more people that learn to deal with problems head on in Thailand and being seen to do so the better for everyone.

My best wishes to the family. wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Without taking anything away from the father, there is also the possibility of a double viral advertising whammy happening here.

They have certainly caught the publics interest with how the story has unfolded....................thumbsup.gif

As Payboy said earlier, Starlet takes drugs, ranks right up there with "woman gives birth" in today's world.

He must have been at one of the birthday parties for his hero and surely will be in Hong Kong today.

The girl's dad is clutching at straws if he thinks he '' get favourable publicity being seen with Chalerm.

I am amazed the Chalerm stunt has not hit a major news item of its own. the Father of the girl achieved a lot of credibility for both his daughter and his family by his honest and candid admission that the clips of his daughter taking drugs aged 16 were true. Then along comes the drunken bull in a china shop who insisted on attending the police with them to deny that anything took place and it was all fabricated???? Why is this monsterous man allowed to 'represent' the Thai people as a Minister, often on matters of grave importance. The issue was kind of dying down for the girl after the Fathers statement and Chalerm has now made things 10 times worse, as well as bringing the Fathers integrity into question now. Unfrakkingbelievable!

• Like 1

The father made a valiant attempt to save his daughter's career as a toss away TV star. Well done to the stage father for protecting the family's income.

I doubt that the family or the father rely on their daughter income as actress for tv-dramas.

I am amazed the Chalerm stunt has not hit a major news item of its own. the Father of the girl achieved a lot of credibility for both his daughter and his family by his honest and candid admission that the clips of his daughter taking drugs aged 16 were true. Then along comes the drunken bull in a china shop who insisted on attending the police with them to deny that anything took place and it was all fabricated???? Why is this monsterous man allowed to 'represent' the Thai people as a Minister, often on matters of grave importance. The issue was kind of dying down for the girl after the Fathers statement and Chalerm has now made things 10 times worse, as well as bringing the Fathers integrity into question now. Unfrakkingbelievable!

Disgusting man with an attitude to match. In years past when his sons were detained on a regular basis he went to the police station demanding their release with the " do you know who I am " attitude.

We are now on the 3rd version of this incident and the girl's dad who was brave enough to say the photo was real not staged has now got embroiled with Chalerm and his credibility must be shot. However TIT and this sort of thing has a habit of going away

Disgusting man with an attitude to match. In years past when his sons were detained on a regular basis he went to the police station demanding their release with the " do you know who I am " attitude.

We are now on the 3rd version of this incident and the girl's dad who was brave enough to say the photo was real not staged has now got embroiled with Chalerm and his credibility must be shot. However TIT and this sort of thing has a habit of going away

Disgusting man with behaviour to match. In years past when his sons were detained on a regular basis he went to the police station demanding their release with the " do you know who I am " attitude.

Saw the pic. Dont buy the "first time" story. While she didnt look like a hardcore smoker she didnt have the 1st timer look either.

Sounds like the dude knows his stuff, but shock and horror w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif teenager musician takes drugs WATCH OUT THE CIVILIZED world

as i'm writing this i'm wondering why i'm bothering , frankly who gives a fllllyin F {{{Cclap2.gif

Hitler on chicken shops,

Hitler and swaztikas during a Chula graduation,

Own national badminton teammates brawling in front of the international community,

Ladyboy-looking actress smoking ice.

No big deal, a small apology from a Thai and all is forgotten and forgiven. Typical thailand.

Edited by tomyummer