Bangkok Bank - ThaiVisa member

Can someone please remind me of the name of the ThaiVisa member who represents Bangkok Bank? I want to ask a question about depositing funds into my bank account at their representativie branch in Vientiane.

Thanks - Simon

You have helped myself and other TV members in the past Ian and we appreciate your help, don't let one idiot spoil it

Thanks, I plan to stay on as I have time.

I am not that thin skinned but I do reserve the right to tell people where to go when they are unreasonable. Such response would come from me personally.

Hope all is going well for you. Take care.

• Like 1

Yes, Ian, please add my thanks also.

And, if I may, a question that may pertain to Simon 43 post regarding the Vientiane Branch of Bangkok bank;

Bangkok Bank has opened a branch in Chiang Khong (Thai/Laos border). And, while opening a new account at the branch, the manger pointed out that deposits would also be accepted in kip?

That was news to me, as my understanding was the kip could only be officially exchanged at banks inside Laos.

Is the Vientiane Branch of Bangkok Bank the reason that kip deposits can now be made at a Bangkok Bank?

Cheers

You have helped myself and other TV members in the past Ian and we appreciate your help, don't let one idiot spoil it

I am not that thin skinned but I do reserve the right to tell people where to go when they are unreasonable. Such response would come from me personally.

Ditto to what darrendsd said above.

And I expect you have had to put-up with not just one idiot but multiple idiots who just get down-right disrespectful sometimes. Unfortunately, there are just people like that in the world...preaching to the choir leader I know. There is quite a bit of flat-out wrong posts on ThaiVisa about Bangkok Bank products/services...and other Thai and foreign banks products/services....some people just seem clueless when it comes to some banking products/services. But fortunately most of those incorrect posts get countered with the correct info from other ThaiVisa members. And this is not to imply all Thai or foreign bank products/services are good deals and easily understandable...some are; some ain't in my opinion...many times you need to dig to get all the info and also make a personal effort to understand the info. Throw in the Thai-foreign language miscommunications that happen everyday and it can make more idiots come out from the bushes.

Thanks again for the assistance you provide ThaiVisa members when you have the time and you feel it's appropriate. I have found the few times I needed banking assistance that calling 1333 or visiting my local branch worked pretty well. And the English language info on the Bangkok Bank website is excellent....no other Thai bank comes close. And I sure wish I could get my mouth to speak better Thai as I know that would have helped in the few times I needed some assistance/info from my bank.

Ditto to what darrendsd said above.

And I expect you have had to put-up with not just one idiot but multiple idiots who just get down-right disrespectful sometimes. Unfortunately, there are just people like that in the world...preaching to the choir leader I know. There is quite a bit of flat-out wrong posts on ThaiVisa about Bangkok Bank products/services...and other Thai and foreign banks products/services....some people just seem clueless when it comes to some banking products/services. But fortunately most of those incorrect posts get countered with the correct info from other ThaiVisa members. And this is not to imply all Thai or foreign bank products/services are good deals and easily understandable...some are; some ain't in my opinion...many times you need to dig to get all the info and also make a personal effort to understand the info. Throw in the Thai-foreign language miscommunications that happen everyday and it can make more idiots come out from the bushes.

Thanks again for the assistance you provide ThaiVisa members when you have the time and you feel it's appropriate. I have found the few times I needed banking assistance that calling 1333 or visiting my local branch worked pretty well. And the English language info on the Bangkok Bank website is excellent....no other Thai bank comes close. And I sure wish I could get my mouth to speak better Thai as I know that would have helped in the few times I needed some assistance/info from my bank.

Pib

Thanks. I also see you spending a huge amount of time with useful posts to help others. That is admirable.

And your understanding of the fact that we are the foreigners in Thailand, and that Thai people speaking English is done as a kindness to us, is much appreciated by some of us.And that these people are doing their best, even if they do not sound like BBC or CNN newscasters.

Many people make hugely unkind comments about the English language skills of Thai people in service industries, including banking. I would suggest that they try speaking a foreign language like Thai in a US or UK bank branch and see where that gets them.

Thanks again, and you keep up the good work too.

Ian