What Is So Great About Phrao ?

Samui Coconut

I don't think it's going to be the next Pai. Mae Kampong perhaps will be the next Pai, but its' very tricky to own land there even for Thais who aren't from the area.

You probably don't have to go that far out to get to those kind of land prices (or cheaper) in a scenic area. In the very South-West corner of the Chiang Mai valley will do. (Sanpatong - Nam Bor Luang / Mae Wang area.) Around Wat Sapanyou and the Mae Khan river valley. Several villages there feel like a world away (or age away) of modern Chiang Mai life. 30-45 minutes form the airport.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Friends have recommended this place to stay in Phrao..

http://www.doifarangbungalow.com/

Though not much of a living room in the bungalows, it seems.. :)

pic4.jpg

Doi Farang Bungalows is not bad at all, I have stayed there on occasion. The setting at the foot of the mountain is very beautiful, and there is a swimming pool as well. Some of the bungalows are made from refurbished rice storage buildings.

It should also be noted that as far as I know, it is the only farang-oriented accommodation available in Phrao. (At least last year).

The web site does not have prices. Any idea ? looks like a nice weekend get away destination

Requested their rates today they replied "Sorry but we are not open for this moment because of many maintenance works."

But no indication of their room rates past or to be!

Cheers

YOS