Yet more shame to the monkhood!

pastafarian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to yesterday's Thai Daily News newspaper, it's reported the monk made a habit of mistreating the dogs there, regularly shooting them with catapults or beating them with sticks, but the other monks didn't dare to complain. It all took place in Chonburi's Naprathat Temple in Phanat Nikom district.
There were originally 15 dogs there, and now all but 3 have fled due to the monk's cruel behaviour.

Edited by katana

Wifey says the monk got angry because the dog had been chewing the leg of a chair used by the head monk.

Shocking to say the very least and hopefully there will be news of the consequences.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

just saw the news on ch3.police fined him[no someone will donate] a 1,000bht.what he done is accepable because he didnt kill it.but the dog in question had done nothing[chewing] he was old and had no teeth.what i would like to do to this evil bastard[the monk that is] i couldnt print,so go to hell scumbag.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure that's jail time in my country.

For a deliberate or negligent act, the penalty in Qld is now up to two years jail and/or a fine of up to $100,000 for an individual (and more than double that for a corporation).

You do not smack your dog's nose here!

Fairly certain smashing Rover onto a concrete floor would get the maximum.

I remember when they had to kill all those bird flu infected chickens. They were dumped alive into burning pits by the thousands. Seeing this on the TV. Flaming chickens jumping around like popcorn. I couldn't help but think there must be a better way. At the market yesterday there was a woman selling frogs. Skinned but still alive. In both of these, I can see a "reason" even if I don't agree with that reason. But this monk is just a cruel person.

I remember as a kid there was always those kids that liked to do things like tie cats tails together and throw them over a line to fight to the death, put firecrackers in a dogs a$$. I wonder what happen to them.

Unwanted dogs around here are often beaten slowly to death with bamboo poles. No big deal. It's about time foreigners came to terms with the mentality you're dealing with here.

if we dont speak out about this cruelty , then it will go on forever , so now we can try to stop it by posting on line and other media outlets .maybe one day the animals will be safe in this country .

And in all other countries also .... this is not an exclusive Thai Happening ... Monk , civilian adults / children all over the world abuse animals in as much an atrocious way... Chinese Skin cats alive!! And then boil them still alive !! ... as they believe if the adrenalin is high in the animal the tastier it is... for dogs they beat them to death ... so ...?? Lovely humand we are arent we ???

Edited by annabel

I'd love to spend a couple of minutes with that "Monk" in a locked room.

You perhaps need to explain a bit more... your motives might be misunderstood.

You really need an explanation to this ................??? Duh!!! blink.png

Unwanted dogs around here are often beaten slowly to death with bamboo poles. No big deal. It's about time foreigners came to terms with the mentality you're dealing with here.

Unwanted dogs can be 'put down in a humane way' but I am not surprised that in this case a monk did the deed (and certainly not in a humane way)

More than that and to say what I really think would see me with a 'TV holiday'. bah.gif

I remember when they had to kill all those bird flu infected chickens. They were dumped alive into burning pits by the thousands. Seeing this on the TV. Flaming chickens jumping around like popcorn. I couldn't help but think there must be a better way. At the market yesterday there was a woman selling frogs. Skinned but still alive. In both of these, I can see a "reason" even if I don't agree with that reason. But this monk is just a cruel person.

I remember as a kid there was always those kids that liked to do things like tie cats tails together and throw them over a line to fight to the death, put firecrackers in a dogs a$$. I wonder what happen to them.

They ended up running North Korea and such like.

Pretty sure that's jail time in my country.

For a deliberate or negligent act, the penalty in Qld is now up to two years jail and/or a fine of up to $100,000 for an individual (and more than double that for a corporation).

You do not smack your dog's nose here!

Fairly certain smashing Rover onto a concrete floor would get the maximum.

No problem they just will get the begging bowl out even more to their flock of sheep who will support them to the end.

• Like 1

I watched this when it first came out not so long ago, and having watched it again I can't even begin to communicate my disgust for this individual, or at least this action of his.

I agree with Roo. Behaviour like this deserves the full force of Karma. What a disgrace to his entire religion and its practitioner's honest beliefs.

How has he not been disciplined by his superiors?

meh

According to yesterday's Thai Daily News newspaper, it's reported the monk made a habit of mistreating the dogs there, regularly shooting them with catapults or beating them with sticks, but the other monks didn't dare to complain. It all took place in Chonburi's Naprathat Temple in Phanat Nikom district.

There were originally 15 dogs there, and now all but 3 have fled due to the monk's cruel behaviour.

well fled does rhyme with dead, i find it hard to believe that the dog in the video could have survived that beating

Dogs will do that,kind of speachless right now, can't get my head around it, although my father was far worse

Then this man,as children we recieved far worse as did our unfortunate pets,many were killed.try living with someone in that frame of mind everyday.

• 2 months later...

The only way that could be justified is if it had just bite. A small child then again the video only shoes that bad thing so really don't have a clue why he done it

He might be an animal basher or the dog might have attached a baby human

In most countries they put the dog down in that situation but. This is not those countries

Things that seem strange to us might be completely normal here because they do not have the same set up we are used to back home

For example they won't legally put a dog down even if it is in life threatening situation and shallow in pain till it dies

Under buddsime the bet won't put it down

So one has to take the choice either let it suffer or do the dirty deed yourself

This video looks very bad

Just wondering how the person outside was already standing their waiting with his or her phone already ahead on film

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Wow, that's the first time I have ever seen that. That's pretty full on. Rather disturbing actually. I don't want to ever watch that again.

I remember some years back here in the LOS, alot of discussion about Thai Criminals 'Finding Buddha' whilst doing time in the 'Go-Slow'

Not unlike farang criminals finding Jesus when they are in the nick.

One of these, after finding Buddha and getting his early release, 4 days later, abducted a small child took her into a toilet and raped and murdered her.

This is not normal, behaviour, not for anyone, not in any society, not anywhere.

If you believe in Karma, there is no doubt what his next life will be