You seriously dated someone who left school at the age of 13.

up2you2

Many end up with uneducated Thai girls because with no real prospects they search hard for any western man they can get,its a good way out for a girl with little opportunities. The men who take them are often not to choosy anyway so its a good business transaction for both.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the OP lives in a country where sometimes you are forced to work over an education to have food to eat, then maybe we can revisit this topic. Seriously!

Regrettable for some I did not make myself clear enough in my OP.

I used two previous posts from Thai Visa as an example, to high light an opinion I did not believe in.

Many end up with uneducated Thai girls because with no real prospects they search hard for any western man they can get,its a good way out for a girl with little opportunities. The men who take them are often not to choosy anyway so its a good business transaction for both.

"The men who take them are often not to choosy anyway", yes for some you could well be right.

However the point I was trying to make in my OP, was that the comparable number of educated women to the West simple doesn't exist.

And this of course was until 2002, through no fault of their own.

most no on here im dyslexic,

but it dosnt stop me earing 21,000bht a night, every night im at work,

what do you earn mr big education

Dyslexics usually spell words incorrectly, not use the wrong words.

(Admittedly, I may be mistaken in that belief)

I don't earn anything, I'm unemployed and living full-time in Thailand.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I don't understand why you are riding Jake's ass. If you read his posts long enough such as in the farming forum, you'll learn that he is very smart.

Where I come from, we don't make fun of people who are by no choice of their own, "different."

Here is a short list of people who are/were dyslexic, including Albert Einstein. LINK

Did you know that Einstein got kicked out of school as a kid because his teachers thought he was retarded? His mother knew better and home schooled him. He couldn't get into a good college and had to settle. Then he began to write his papers which shocked the world and everyone wanted him.

thanks neversure,

this is a prime example,

they look at my spelling and gramer and think, thick so and so,

most of you no i was a welder by trade, now inspection and supervision,

but i lay blocks, did my own plumbing, fitted our first windows on the small house,

i do all sorts of things, things that i have learned to do, im good with my hands, was good at sports, just couldnt spell, and get words sometimes mixed up, but im far from thick, if i can sit and talk to someone or on the phone thats great, if i have to write, well thats bad,,lol,

but now at this stage of my life, jobs come looking for me,

ive been offerd a very good job in lybia, but not to sure if its safe enough yet,

take care all, and give people a chance, they might suprise you,

jake

• Like 2

jakes so called life experience should have told him that when we refer to something we generally go by majority, your uneducated wife may be great at picking mushrooms, after all they live in the dark and thrive on s@#t, they can be good at finding such things.

I referred to uneducated woman who look for a way out, and the facts are they do, not my fault they do, I never made it that way, i'm just pointing it out, I did not at any time say all do.

Seems odd to that you can assume to know all bout my lifes experiences, your a wiz, can you tell my fortune to.

jakes so called life experience should have told him that when we refer to something we generally go by majority, your uneducated wife may be great at picking mushrooms, after all they live in the dark and thrive on s@#t, they can be good at finding such things.

I referred to uneducated woman who look for a way out, and the facts are they do, not my fault they do, I never made it that way, i'm just pointing it out, I did not at any time say all do.

Seems odd to that you can assume to know all bout my lifes experiences, your a wiz, can you tell my fortune to.

I hope that my education has made me more tolerant of other people and their ideas, and made me better able to express myself in words without being abusive or denigrating my fellows.

I would expect that there are plenty of people who are surprised that a lady might marry someone who had never worked on a farm before

SC

• Like 1

wow you make lots of money, im so impressed and with all that money off course your opinion is more correct then the once with little. Go to lybia they need money horders now that their bank is no longer goverment controlled.

wow you make lots of money, im so impressed and with all that money off course your opinion is more correct then the once with little. Go to lybia they need money horders now that their bank is no longer goverment controlled.

tut tut tut

hit a nerve have i???coffee1.gif

Jake ain't bragging about how much money he's making.

IMHO this is what he is on about.

"take care all, and give people a chance, they might suprise you,"

Respect.

correct,

bloody hell someones got it,

given chances to some they just might get a supprise, you all no im not the brightest, but ive done well through hard work, and being not to good at spelling hasnt held me back because i wouldnt let it,

yes the internet now in the office helps me with spell checker thank god,,lol,

but in this life you can get on even if you arnt that well educated,

jake

• Like 1

Most foreign people I know out here have collected enough money to never work again.

Telling everyone you still need to work really doesn't impress many of us.

But I guess if I were a poor uneducated young farm girl and you were prepared to send me the money, it would impress me.

Jake ain't bragging about how much money he's making.

IMHO this is what he is on about.

"take care all, and give people a chance, they might suprise you,"

Respect.

correct,

bloody hell someones got it,

given chances to some they just might get a supprise, you all no im not the brightest, but ive done well through hard work, and being not to good at spelling hasnt held me back because i wouldnt let it,

yes the internet now in the office helps me with spell checker thank god,,lol,

but in this life you can get on even if you arnt that well educated,

jake

Fly Jake.

Cheers

Most foreign people I know out here have collected enough money to never work again.

But I guess if I were a poor uneducated young farm girl and you were prepared to send me the money, it would impress me.

Whose bragging.

• Like 1

ill tell you why i dont retire,

i could retire, but i want to give my children a good start in life,

im 53 ive got children both in the uk and in thailand, now im a good father, and if i want to keep working to make sure they have a good start that i never had, if you cant see that, you want to go and have a good chat to yourself,

plus i miss the craic with the lads on site,

jake

tut tut tut

dream on...

can i ask a question?

without starting a new thread,

why wouldnt someone want to date marry a lady who left school at 13?

i dont get it,, dosnt give her 2 heads or 1 eye,

i really dont get it

jake

Education is not something that I often talk about with ladies. I can't imagine breaking off a relationship after I discovered she had gone to Teesside Poly, or didn't have a postgraduate degree.

I suppose there must be some amongst us, though, who struggle for things to justify their sense of superiority over their fellows, and if having a girlfriend with O-levels cuts the mustard for them, then let them have it.

SC

• Like 2

ill tell you why i dont retire,

i could retire, but i want to give my children a good start in life,

im 53 ive got children both in the uk and in thailand, now im a good father, and if i want to keep working to make sure they have a good start that i never had, if you cant see that, you want to go and have a good chat to yourself,

plus i miss the craic with the lads on site,

jake

Fair enough, I don't give a damn about my kids, up to them to make it on their own (if they don't live with me).

Nobody ever provided for me, beyond basic food and accommodation.

And the government will do that for free, so not my worry.

Guess that makes me a bad father, OK you got me on that one.

can i ask a question?

without starting a new thread,

why wouldnt someone want to date marry a lady who left school at 13?

i dont get it,, dosnt give her 2 heads or 1 eye,

i really dont get it

jake

Not only would I be prepared to marry such a lady, but I would also be happy to collect/deliver her to/from the school gate every day if she wanted to continue her studies. (Just kiddin)

• Like 1

As a fellow suffer I have to inform you that Dyslexia is more complicated than you believe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

Like a lot of disorders people get it to varying levels of severity, I am fortunate it only affects my spelling & then not to severly, but as a child my eye to hand co-ordination was poor & I sucked at sports

• Like 1