Belgian accused of phone theft at Soi 6 Bar in Central Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appeared to be intoxicated..Bladdered, Mr. Vincent suddenly realizes nobody is sitting next to him anymore. Gets the check bin, picks up his phone and puts it in his pocket. Staggers to the next pub for a roady and sits down for a chat, Mr. Vincent speaks Thai quite well so easily starts a new conversation with little Noi. Suddenly, an angry Kai is standing in front of him demanding her phone! Mr. Vincent has no idea what she is on about. Kai's voice raises 50 decibels and others thinking she is having a problem with a drunken falang rush to her rescue. By this time, Mr. Vincent starts thinking, "<deleted>" stands up and calls for his check bin here.."This is getting to be too much" he thinks. Suddenly, Kai has her hands in his pocket and pulls out the Samsung phone. Mr. Vincent starts thinking through the haze "<deleted>" again. Then realizes "my phone is in the hotel room, isn't it?" He then goes on to explain, I didn't steal your phone...but it's too late. The mob of bar workers and their supporters have made up their mind. Get the cops, get rid of this thieving falang!

I'm often amazed at how many times I remember to pick up my phone from the bar or restaurant and seem to have it on me when I get home or the next morning if out on a prowl. But thank f I have never picked someone elses up.

But, if he really did steal it, what a plonker!

A plausible, and possibly true, excuse would have been to simply say he thought it was his own phone he put in his pocket upon leaving. Of course that would only work if saying so immediately upon getting caught.

AND he normally keeps his phone stuffed down the front of his pants. Likes the vibration when it rings--and reaching down for it too.

Right.

This thread is like honey to flies. Anyway, better to keep 'em busy here than spreading nonsense in other threads where the issues aren't so obvious and transparent.

• Like 1

I've been accused of being a Pattaya basher before. That is just not true, Pattaya is doing well at bashing itself.

U think this is news worthy,thousands of this type of crime goes on in Thailand and other countries,but doesnt get in the local paper.I wish that was the only thing wrong with a place i live in,stoke on trent was far worse

I've been accused of being a Pattaya basher before. That is just not true, Pattaya is doing well at bashing itself.

U think this is news worthy,thousands of this type of crime goes on in Thailand and other countries,but doesnt get in the local paper.I wish that was the only thing wrong with a place i live in,stoke on trent was far worse

I know, I know. Just like riling the Pattaya residentswink.png

Honestly... this guy deserves the benefit of doubt until there is a more credible story. If she had got the police to go frisk him and they found her phone then it may be a different story, but her doing it herself if very suspicious.

He's a scumbag i can tell from her pretty face.

Beat him sensless, take her home.

Bahhhh hahahaha haaa a haahaha

cheesy.gifclap2.gifw00t.gifthumbsup.gif

Who goes to the toilet and leaves a mobile telephone on the table of the bar with an unknown person?

If this guy was drunk then he could indeed have been framed...certainly as the girl succeeded to find (follow?) him so quickly

Ah, blame the victim - classy.

Yes, I agree the usual response from the brain dead

The case is still ongoing and no charges have been brought against Mr. Vincent at this point in the investigation

Anyone noticed this petty detail yet ? Soemthing seems to be not right with the claim from the girl.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Well don't push it as many mods are also resident. In fact this is a great way to earn a suspension

Inflammatory post removed also the quoted reply

• Like 1

Here is another little interesting part, first he denied allegations but after being questioned in Thai, he admitted?

I can not help but wonder how fluent his Thai is on this kind of matters.

Furthermore if he was heavily intoxicated as the OP claims, perhaps any questioning is rather silly as responses would be somewhat incoherent.

Just wonder how the police witness interview went?

He leave bar while I go rest loom, when I come back he gone, other girls say he go bar across street, me go to join him to continue where we left off, me feel something hard down his pants...

she could frisk down the front of my trousers if she wants tosmile.png

OK if you like katoeys cheesy.gif

Well she isn't one or it would have said ,but i do like ladies without dangley bits between their legs, but whatever floats your boat ,up to you.

I once had a 'O Bar' girl frisk my pants .. she wasn't satisfied with what she found.

BTW To call Soi 6 a Kratoey Soi is nonsense. I bet there is not even 1 kratoey in every 10 girls working in the 50 odd bars. Only bars like Hi!Boss and Pook Bar have a 100% concentration. The other bars have an occasional LB. I've never seen an LB in O Bar.

Edited by sniffdog

Have you ever met a Thai bar girl or any Thai woman actually leave her phone anywhere? Their phones are their livelihood and income.

Yes.

And furthermore, I know of a girl who had her iPhone 5 stolen recently by some Farang guy.

Not quite sure why it is so hard to accept that some visitors to Pattaya might be scum, and/or foolish after drinking? To the point of coming up with elaborate conspiracy theories? (Not you; other posters in this topic.)

You can say a lot about Soi 6, but they're not in the business of petty scams. When all they need to do when they need money is ask. But instead waste time at a police station, and a potential court case? I don't think so.

Very good on the girl to be so pro-active, and even bother to follow up with the police! I've seen worse happen to Farang Scum.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Not quite sure why it is so hard to accept that some visitors to Pattaya might be scum, and/or foolish after drinking?

Lucky for you that kind of people will NEVER visit Chiang Mai.

Right. wink.png As much as I would like that to be true, the girl who had her iPhone 5 phone stolen was in Chiang Mai. And I've had a phone stolen myself by some backpacker chick.

Back on topic: aren't Pattaya bars required to have CCTV video cameras? That would make it rather clear.

Of course with news stories like this (or almost any news story) there is NEVER a follow up. This gets posted, we rant and holler for three-four pages, then forget about it and there is never any additional info or follow up.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

What a sorry life this fella must lead...going around and envying the phones of sex workers so much that he has to steal them. Most of us would just buy ourselves a phone but this 60 year old looking 40 year-old is so skint he has to resort to theft.

And then waddling off to a nearby bar with the stolen goods still on his person...it just boggles the mind.

well, since you are engaging in fiction, allow me to start a new plot line-- the falang had been with the girl a few nights before and she stole his cell phone, he simply retrieved it, put it on vibrate and returned it to his favorite place

i believe he did steal it ...i have seen some imbecilic behaviour from mongers ...recently saw a fool overturn a food cart ....no reason just stupid ..have also witnessed thefts and damage ...deliberate .......done to girls property ....the dope should have walked to beach rd and hopped a baht bus

Now if u want to talk about horrific crime,rather than stupidity,get your gums round this

British mother, 43, 'hacked to death by four people in robbery for jewels and money' while on holiday in Bangladesh

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2383665/British-mother-43-hacked-death-people-robbery-jewels-money-holiday-Bangladesh.html#ixzz2atO66yIv

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Have you ever met a Thai bar girl or any Thai woman actually leave her phone anywhere? Their phones are their livelihood and income.

Yes.

And furthermore, I know of a girl who had her iPhone 5 stolen recently by some Farang guy.

Not quite sure why it is so hard to accept that some visitors to Pattaya might be scum, and/or foolish after drinking? To the point of coming up with elaborate conspiracy theories? (Not you; other posters in this topic.)

You can say a lot about Soi 6, but they're not in the business of petty scams. When all they need to do when they need money is ask. But instead waste time at a police station, and a potential court case? I don't think so.

Very good on the girl to be so pro-active, and even bother to follow up with the police! I've seen worse happen to Farang Scum.

I also don't get it if you look at the newspapers back home you will see may thiefs and other crimnals too. Do you think all your fellow countrymen are angels.. when you lived in your home country did you never lock your door car and leave all valuables in your car ?

Those people travel too.. i get sick and tired of people who cant accept there is a lot of farang scum too.

• 4 weeks later...