Honda cbr650 2014

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

First pics of my new bike. Reveived it today and did 100 km already and break in the bike hard. Saw 200 kph easily couple of times!
Bike is great!!! Fast man!
Suspensions, handling are nice!
Not feeling heavy.
Changing the oil and oil filter now and installing Active tail tidy, R&G radiator guard and fuel cap pad now.
Photos of first steps of my bike and while installing the mods.

Full first impressions soon!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...I just still can't imagine hitting 200km/h on my first day...or my first hour...on the brand new bike !!w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

...and you must have finished your 'hard brake in' within an hour than...?!!tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

life is short and you know i have a dangerous type of life - on bikes - and no one can guarantee how long i will live so i dont like wasting timelaugh.png

So today I went to pick up my bike from service. TO my suprize I saw 10 CBR650f standing on the side just delivered. Took some shots and made a video of engine revving up. I asked mechanic to connect battery to one and rev it. Please stand by for pictures and video.

Also they said if I were to give my 500r to them and change to 650 I need to add around 147k. Loved the bike, had a chance to ride but in a soi you cant do much with it. Nice 3 lucky gits picked it theirs today. Also They said wait time is 1 month, naked version willl come next month. For cbr only red and black.

superior, you think twice, actually ten times before buying a cb or cbr650f.

spend some more time on cbr500r.

it might be dangerous for you.

Nice bike. smile.png

Who put that fuel filler pad on? Were they drunk?

well, it is good for my eyes. dont expect symmetry by millimeters in Thailand of course!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if i will get one it will be in at least 6 months or so, but i might sell mine a bit earlier. I might not even go for one, i would prefer versys as i enjoy travelling and touring in a comfy position and with luggage.

Im not a track rider and wont be for sure. I got a bit out of 500 already need better brakes.

When money comes i will look into 650. Today spent a day on zx6 wifes uncle picked it up. Loved it but still would like 650 more for some reason

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Also just because I had bad experience does not mean I don't know how to drive. I have driven bigger bikes than 650 before. I'm not one of those ppl who values a ride more than their life. It's overconfidence that kills usually.

I rather have bit more power and don't use it or need it and don't have it. Drove from cm yesterday some twonk on pumped up pick up car kept flashing me, after ignoring him for 10 mins , he pushed me to the side of the road, there was plenty of straights to overtake yet even red lining every gear I couldn't I would not go over 160 since after that gains are not even worth pushing. My only choice was to slow down, so did he which pissed me off since ppl were waiting for me.

I commute a lot 'CR to Lampang or phayao. CR to phayao is all straight road I go 140 where bikes stops being economical. Had a 200 km trip today on zx6 was a joyful experience not even a hint of struggle at those speeds.

Also just because I had bad experience does not mean I don't know how to drive. I have driven bigger bikes than 650 before. I'm not one of those ppl who values a ride more than their life. It's overconfidence that kills usually.

I rather have bit more power and don't use it or need it and don't have it. Drove from cm yesterday some twonk on pumped up pick up car kept flashing me, after ignoring him for 10 mins , he pushed me to the side of the road, there was plenty of straights to overtake yet even red lining every gear I couldn't I would not go over 160 since after that gains are not even worth pushing. My only choice was to slow down, so did he which pissed me off since ppl were waiting for me.

I commute a lot 'CR to Lampang or phayao. CR to phayao is all straight road I go 140 where bikes stops being economical. Had a 200 km trip today on zx6 was a joyful experience not even a hint of struggle at those speeds.

If I see someone driving like a moron I just let them go, I don't let him stay behind me for 10 minutes. I usually don't let any car or truck stay behind me for more than a minute. But I guess I have the advantage of living in BKK and not having these really long streets straight streets with nothing on them. I tell you BKK roads are like a roller coaster if you've never ridden the road before than take it slow!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If I see someone driving like a moron I just let them go, I don't let him stay behind me for 10 minutes. I usually don't let any car or truck stay behind me for more than a minute. But I guess I have the advantage of living in BKK and not having these really long streets straight streets with nothing on them. I tell you BKK roads are like a roller coaster if you've never ridden the road before than take it slow!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I wasnt trying to race him, but he slows down as well to stay nexto to me, i dropped to like 50 so did he.

So many muppets on the roads, had a lot of people turning or deciding to cross 6 lane road at 90 degrees angle without indicating.

Some more photos.

keep in mind, tail tidy/rear fender is aftermarket but really transforms that chunky rear end in a good way. looks good!

Also would like to add the fact that, wind protection is great! No buffeting or lift at all. Clear air.

Although very small windscreen, the result is superb.

Will post a video next weekend.

I like it. The official photos didn't do it justice. Looks like a lot of bike for little money. Over to you Kawasaki :)

I like it. The official photos didn't do it justice. Looks like a lot of bike for little money. Over to you Kawasaki smile.png

Actually Kawasaki I think are the guys who started the ball running.

If not others would have been happy to leave their prices quite higher than now.

CBR1000 for instance they like to claim due to trade agreements tax benefits

but I do believe those have been in effect for 2 years

When Kawasaki chopped the price of their 1000 others had to act too.

Here is a funny fact

I like to keep an Excel file with various bikes

In it I list HP,Torque, power to weight ratio, bore/stroke ratios, weight, price

You know just geeky stuff for fun & comparison

Well it was easy to add a formula that shows price per hp in baht

The leader today is still the Kawasaki 800 at 3378 baht per hp

This 650 is doing very well though at 3496 baht per hp

Of course this means nothing but just a funny fact I glance at

when looking

Actually the smaller bikes of course take a hit

Like Ninja 300... 5367 baht per hp

Honda 250 ... 5652 per hp

KTM 390... 7704 per hp !!! wow

Edited by mania

I like it. The official photos didn't do it justice. Looks like a lot of bike for little money. Over to you Kawasaki smile.png

If not others would have been happy to leave their prices quite higher than now.

Here is a funny fact

In it I list HP,Torque, power to weight ratio, bore/stroke ratios, weight, price

when looking

How did the ducatis compare?

How did the ducatis compare?

smile.png

Ducati Panigale = 7169 baht per hp

Ducati 899 Panigale = 6750 baht per hp

Ducati Monster 795 = 5110 baht per hp

Ducati Hypermotard SP = 8618 baht per hp

PS: I should add the regular Hypermotard comes in

quite well if I have the hp & price right?

I have 110hp & 499,900. price is that right?

If so then 4544 baht per hp

Edited by mania

Hahah someone could use the price per hp

as a good excuse if they are needing justification

with a wife

Husband at Kawasaki Dealership phones wife.....

"Honey should I buy hp for 3378 baht or 5367 baht" ?

Wife: same same hp ?

" yes hp is hp"

Wife : Oh then buy 3378 don't be dumb

Husband comes home with Z800 instead of Ninja 300 :P

Here is a funny fact

when looking

Can we do it with revs as well? I think the long awaited Yamaha R25 will do very well if it revs to over 14000rpm as the leaked info teases me :)

Here is a funny fact

when looking

New models from Kawasaki to counter Honda`s busy activity. A 500cc 3 cyl stroker like the H1 but in a modern chassis and more than 20 miles per gallon would be nice :)

Hahah someone could use the price per hp

as a good excuse if they are needing justification

with a wife

Husband at Kawasaki Dealership phones wife.....

"Honey should I buy hp for 3378 baht or 5367 baht" ?

Wife: same same hp ?

" yes hp is hp"

Wife : Oh then buy 3378 don't be dumb

Husband comes home with Z800 instead of Ninja 300 tongue.png

you've made my day!

Here is a funny fact

when looking

good comparison but weight needs to be considered as well.

Yes the weight needs to be considered too. But then the old 2nd hand 2 - smokers would sound like a great deal. :D

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

Yeah like I said in my post the spreadsheet is actually for

all the usual info. Weight,Bore/Stroke, HP,Torque, PWR, etc etc

But you know with Excel it is so easy to toss in another so thought that

would be funny to see. Not really something I would use to validate buying something

more of a curiosity. The other things is the main considerations like you said.

Edited by mania

I am in Cambodia and have missed my bike already. Cannot wait this saturday to ride my new bike again!

By the way, it should be good if honda put a traction control system on this bike. Bangkok roads are like glass ans always has some wet spots which means you have to be careful on throttle application. Rear slided many times but bike is new so i need to get used of throttle a bit. I ride it hard of course during honeymoon period.:lol:

I am in Cambodia and have missed my bike already. Cannot wait this saturday to ride my new bike again!

By the way, it should be good if honda put a traction control system on this bike. Bangkok roads are like glass ans always has some wet spots which means you have to be careful on throttle application. Rear slided many times but bike is new so i need to get used of throttle a bit. I ride it hard of course during honeymoon period.laugh.png

bkk roads have so much pollution from vehicles sitting in traffic jams breathing the exhuast emissions down onto the road that the first

wet day after some dry days its like driving on &lt;deleted&gt; ice in places and you dont really notice when your cruising ,its when you need to

hit the brakes you realise its "OHO SHIT TIME "

best improvement after a good helmet is quality tyres imo ,my bridgestones and pirellis stick to the road like glue compared to those crappy dunlop sportmax that came stock so you might want to burn off the stock tyres now and get decent ones before the rain

good tyres can save reduce your braking distance by a very signifigant distance in emergency stop sitautions and even help stop you sliding out on a corner if the roads a bit greasy ,wet , or coated with sand ,dust ,gravel etc

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

By the way, it should be good if honda put a traction control system on this bike. Bangkok roads are like glass ans always has some wet spots which means you have to be careful on throttle application. Rear slided many times but bike is new so i need to get used of throttle a bit. I ride it hard of course during honeymoon period.xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

bkk roads have so much pollution from vehicles sitting in traffic jams breathing the exhuast emissions down onto the road that the first

wet day after some dry days its like driving on &lt;deleted&gt; ice in places and you dont really notice when your cruising ,its when you need to

hit the brakes you realise its "OHO SHIT TIME "

best improvement after a good helmet is quality tyres imo ,my bridgestones and pirellis stick to the road like glue compared to those crappy dunlop sportmax that came stock so you might want to burn off the stock tyres now and get decent ones before the rain

good tyres can save reduce your braking distance by a very signifigant distance in emergency stop sitautions and even help stop you sliding out on a corner if the roads a bit greasy ,wet , or coated with sand ,dust ,gravel etc

hopefully cbr650f has abs as standard.

but a very smooth abs. i tried and hard to notice the system.

it is not as conservative as cbr500r too. i am sure designed this way for more sport bike credentials.

Since we talk about tires and breaking, I've read back a few pages but haven't seen a mention of ABS? Does it come with ABS?

yes hopefully.

I finally had a chance to stop by Big Wing Phuket today. Spoke with K See, the owner. A very pleasant little woman who speaks English very well. She said they already have had 100 orders for the CBR and CB. They must have had more than 50 CBR's and CB's between their two showrooms. They have a red CBR available for test rides, but so far only in the parking lot so I took it for a little spin. What struck me about the CBR is how small it feels. Totally unlike the Ninja 650. Felt more like a 600RR. Looking forward to riding it one day outside of first gear. Friday there is a test ride event near the Mazda dealer on Phangna Rd. The map below shows were if anyone wants to try one out.

IMG_20140319_133008.jpg

IMG_20140319_134057.jpg

IMG_20140319_133828.jpg

ll2 please post more reviews, specially compared to the CB500.

I've got 3 months on my CB500 and only 3000 KM, i'm already starting to get pissed of these annoying gears.

Nowt wrong with the gears if adjusted properly, unless you can't ride very well. Edited by Wong!

Here is a funny fact

when looking

If you divide by weight I bet the Hypermotard will be well up there.... try Baht / (HP / KG) .....

Since we talk about tires and breaking, I've read back a few pages but haven't seen a mention of ABS? Does it come with ABS?

yes hopefully.

Hopefully? Don't you know the specs of your own lovely bike? :P

I'm on better internet now that I'm back to work and I've looked through the pics, there is the ABS sensor ring on the front and rear wheels so to answer my own question - Yes it does come with ABS.thumbsup.gif

yes hopefully.

Hopefully? Don't you know the specs of your own lovely bike? tongue.png

I'm on better internet now that I'm back to work and I've looked through the pics, there is the ABS sensor ring on the front and rear wheels so to answer my own question - Yes it does come with ABS.thumbsup.gif

The large "ABS" sticker on the front fender is a strong indicator it has ABS. ;)

IMG_20140319_133828.jpg