Honda cbr650 2014

That price has made me have doubts about replacing my 10yo. 4 pot Kwacker with a new 2 pot Ninja.

How low are the bars on the CBR? Because I prefer a more upright riding position?????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very competitive price, well done Honda.

Will take a closer look at this and the Ducati 796 on Sunday and then decide. Very different bikes and it's going to be the heart making the decision on this one, not the head... The Ducati is odds on favorite at the bookies...

haven't you got a gixxer ,your not getting one off these to replace it are you.

That was my first thought, but more likely now I'll keep the gixxer and buy the Monster 796 to replace the Ninja as my BKK bike. I won't know for sure until I've been to the Expo...

That was my first thought, but more likely now I'll keep the gixxer and buy the Monster 796 to replace the Ninja as my BKK bike. I won't know for sure until I've been to the Expo...

Jonny thats the right idea a v2 twin is a nice addition to an inline4. Go for it if the numbers and your emotion is right biggrin.png

If anyone goes to the show over the weekend to check out the Hondas, could you please confirm the opening time at Impact for Monday?

the doors are opening at 12:00 noon for every day of the event.

i was planning to go there today as i had a chance to go inside to the VIP day but will have an unexpected office meeting today afternoon so will be visiting the show tomorrow afternoon.sad.png

I like motor shows and i am excited to see the new bikes tomorrow!

If anyone goes to the show over the weekend to check out the Hondas, could you please confirm the opening time at Impact for Monday?

i was planning to go there today as i had a chance to go inside to the VIP day but will have an unexpected office meeting today afternoon so will be visiting the show tomorrow afternoon.sad.png

Saturday and Sunday it opens at 11 smile.png

http://www.motorexpo.co.th/2013/information.php?ln=en

Noon? I was thinking 10am- I'm glad I asked or I'd be sitting there for a couple hours.;)

Noon? I was thinking 10am- I'm glad I asked or I'd be sitting there for a couple hours.wink.png

actually like that:

Venue : Challenger 1-3

28 Nov. Press & VIP Day

29 Nov. Grand Charity Day

Monday - Friday at 12.00 - 22.00 hrs.

Saturday / Sunday and Public holidays at 11.00 - 22.00 hrs.

Baht 100 to be charged

Contact Event Organiser

Inter-Media Consultant Co., Ltd.

Tel: 0-2641-8444

Fax: 0-2641-8480

http://www.motorexpo.co.th/2013/

Price has been Facebook hear say

Now it looks official

edit: does say "special price for motor expo"

So maybe an increase after show?

attachicon.gif1.jpg

that i believe!

super good price Honda.

Actually, i am surprised as expecting cbr650f a little more expensive but only 9000 thb difference with kawa ninja 650 two pot and honda offer a much more better bike with better components.

Very well done Honda, very competitive price which will kill Kawa sales.

Kawa please bring zx636 here man!!! otherwise you cannot survive anymore in Thailand.

cbr650f could have been designed better and it should be superb if it was less than 210 kg and around 90 hp instead of 85 hp but still, it is a very good value and i am interested.

I am sure it will offer classic honda smoothness and reliability on top of good handling and a nicer fuel economy. And that ugly banana seat looks very comfy for touring.

And having the max torque at 8000 rpm and max hp at 10,500 with a 11,500 rpm redline, it will be a thrilling bike as well with an oversquare engine at 67*46, it means it will like to rev! not like 1:1 of cbr500r. It will not have a super fierce supersport top end but will have a good level of torque for real world and 11,500- 12,00 rpm redline is good enough actually.

And i like inline fours and their smoothness and sound! owned before.

Man, i am excited again!!!

lets attach this comparison here for better insight.

thanks bramds!

it should be good if they added hypermotard as well.

The gear ratios of cbr650f looks lower than others means a lot of accelerationbiggrin.png

but a little revvy highway speeds possibly.

Note: comparison attachment no good!!!

check the link: http://honda650thai....opic=147.msg757

and engine photos atatched, engine looks nice. no hoses no nonsense. looks neat and clean.

post-184955-0-01207100-1385610832_thumb.

post-184955-0-61675000-1385611493_thumb.

post-184955-0-86800700-1385611506_thumb.

that i believe!

super good price Honda.

Yes it is a very good price.

Honda has shaken the pricing tree here in Thailand with this bike & price.

Even if someone is not interested in this bike they can be happy that this price

will force others to look closer at their profit margins.

That is a WIN for all Thailand bike consumers regardless of brand.

lets attach this comparison here for better insight.

thanks bramds!

it should be good if they added hypermotard as well.

The gear ratios of cbr650f looks lower than others means a lot of accelerationbiggrin.png

but a little revvy highway speeds possibly.

I locked on to those ratios also; however look at the primary reduction ratio....1.690. Means that actually (and since they don't list final drive!) the engine RPM/front sprocket is inline with the other similarly sized engines...for first gear. In sixth it edges out the BN600 (barely) for the buzziest engine RPM/front spocket title.

I would like to reiterate that there is no indication of final drive and obviously that changes the ratios...but I don't have time to chase those numbers down. So essentially this is just to put it more into perspective-in first gear it will use ~18% more RPM to get the same front sprocket ratio as the lowest front sprocket speed bike (which has ~32% more torque) and in sixth it will use ~20% more RPM than the lowest bike which funnily enough ends up being the Ducati...which has 24% more torque.

I'm surprised about the 6th gear of the ER6; much taller than even the Z800....as I haven't ridden one I can't say anything about what it does for acceleration and perhaps someone with the knowledge can let us know if 20% more RPMs (the ER6 has a fifth gear that is the same as the CBR650's sixth) is significantly better....but again (!) I don't have final drive information.

First Gear:

CBR650 5.190

ER6F 5.108

BN600 5.302

M795 4.555

Z800 4.407

Sixth Gear

CBR650 2.052

ER6F 1.785

BN600 2.018

M795 1.708

Z800 1.877

**edit**

I am upset about Honda releasing this bike; I love my CB500X but having purchased it in August it's disheartening that for only 50% more money I could have gotten a bike that's twice (?) as good. At least I can console myself that the X is really good for where I live and perhaps a couple of years upgrade.

I'm surprised about the 6th gear of the ER6; much taller than even the Z800....as I haven't ridden one I can't say anything about what it does for acceleration and perhaps someone with the knowledge can let us know if 20% more RPMs (the ER6 has a fifth gear that is the same as the CBR650's sixth) is significantly better....but again (!) I don't have final drive information.

**edit**

I am upset about Honda releasing this bike; I love my CB500X but having purchased it in August it's disheartening that for only 50% more money I could have gotten a bike that's twice (?) as good. At least I can console myself that the X is really good for where I live and perhaps a couple of years upgrade.

A lot of engine characteristics factors need to go into looking at gearing.

It is never just a number. But how the RPM's build, intended usage etc too.

But also for many sporty type bikes 6th gear is really only ever used ( properly )

as an overdrive & rarely touched in sport/curvy riding.

You know about being upset at the latest offerings. The main thing is you enjoy your bike.

For those who want to play the "be on the bleeding edge newest model game" It costs a lot to chase

& half the time they do not ride much. Main thing is you like what your riding & it does not feel like

it is lacking in some ways to you. There will always be newer & supposedly better

I'm happy to keep my 500F for at least another year, but it's good to know that we do now have a choice when we get to the point where we're looking for a change. Maybe Honda will be making VFR800s in Thailand by then. That would be nice.

full red cbr650f.

red cbr650f looks good. red color is hiding the ugliness a bit.

black red cb650f is looking fine as well.

moriwaki have modded cbr650f and Mugen modded cb650f already and both looks good! like the headlight of cb650f.

different colors that i expected!

if i buy cbr650f, red is my color as usual!

good value Honda, a lot of bikes for the moneyclap2.gif

post-184955-0-88530000-1385617753_thumb.

post-184955-0-51366500-1385617771_thumb.

post-184955-0-65554900-1385617782_thumb.

post-184955-0-18366600-1385617834_thumb.

and honda cbr650f HRC version with black swingarm and engine plus a gas rear shock and more i guess!!!

I wonder if they sell it as it also looks the best!

it is getting more exciting, cant wait for tomorrow!

post-184955-0-22613600-1385618397_thumb.

full red cbr650f.

red cbr650f looks good. red color is hiding the ugliness a bit. 

black red cb650f is looking fine as well. 

moriwaki have modded cbr650f and Mugen modded cb650f already and both looks good! like the headlight of cb650f.

different colors that i expected!

if i buy cbr650f, red is my color as usual!

good value Honda, a lot of bikes for the moneyPosted Image

My colour of choice too for the CBR. Can somebody going to the show double check that it will be available to the public and NOT just a show special?????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

http://honda650thai.com/webboard/index.php?topic=153.msg820;topicseen#new

lots of photos of the bikes! bikes are growing on me, these hrc versions helped of course!

cb650f also has a hrc version. i am really curious if this hrc version, i hope we can buy.

and i think we got the yellow cb650f in Thailandlaugh.png

overall, bikes are looking good quality and have well made fit and finish more than i expected!

post-184955-0-29990000-1385628683_thumb.

post-184955-0-53769500-1385628698_thumb.

post-184955-0-57449900-1385628761_thumb.

http://honda650thai.com/webboard/index.php?topic=153.msg820;topicseen#new

all photos of the bikes!

cb650f also has a hrc version. i am really curious if this hrc version, i hope we can buy.

Why do you want that hrc2 nonsense on the tank??

i dont like hrc written on my bike as well but i focus on extras such as rear gas shock and cosmetics. if i buy hrc version if available, first thing will be removing that HRC writing from the bike of courselaugh.png

Archived