Honda cbr650 2014

when seeing all these new models espicailly the naked ones i would still go for a Kawa at least it is looking right; not just like a bunch of cheap plastics. CB650F Posted Image  Galdius 650 Posted Image Storm 650 Posted Image

agree 100 % I've had an old model 600 hornet for 10 years and these new Hondas seem a little less power than the old Hondas so it would be z800 for me,although with this new price on the cbr 1000 they only need to bring the proper 600 s now and you are pretty guaranteed a good price on them
So z800 does not have plastics?

A 230 kg naked is out of my list of course.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A lot of people are saying the z800 is too heavy because it weighs 229kgs but the cbr 650 also is 206-211kgs and has about 30 less hp. Why isn't anyone talking about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Read back. I've said that it was overweight, underpowered and underspecified from the beginning. At least they have the decency to price it reasonably fairly.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just booked a CB500X at the motor show and will go back to Bigwing with some documents during the week with my GF to pay and get the bike.

But I still keep thinking I should get the CB650F... it's my first big bike and I think the 500 would be better for learning, also I cant wait 4 months for a bike since I plan on using it soon.

I can still change my mind before I do the purchase on Thursday.

The CB500X was a good deal, free tax and something else I did not understand. but I think the CB650 will be much easier to sell than a CB500.

I want the 650 but cant wait that long. what are you guys thoughts?

IMO , if you can afford it get the 650 , doubt very much you will regret it , if you can handle the wait that is .

I just booked a CB500X at the motor show and will go back to Bigwing with some documents during the week with my GF to pay and get the bike.

But I still keep thinking I should get the CB650F... it's my first big bike and I think the 500 would be better for learning, also I cant wait 4 months for a bike since I plan on using it soon.

The CB500X was a good deal, free tax and something else I did not understand. but I think the CB650 will be much easier to sell than a CB500.

IMO , if you can afford it get the 650 , doubt very much you will regret it , if you can handle the wait that is .

more if he can handle the bike, its his first big bike....

.... They will release the bikes in March though:(...

Which if the history of other manufacturers is any indication, could mean May or June. Was the release of the 500's on time? I don't recall.

Well, that is not completely true.

I booked my CB500F at the motorbike festival in central world and they told me 2 or 3 months.

3 weeks later I got a phone call that it was ready.

From that angle it looks like the cheap and nasty CB500.

When it comes to making mid-sized naked bikes Kawasaki have Honda's design team cleaning the toilet in Kawa HQ at this current time.

I am a loyal kawa guy but have to say that on this class, honda look better.

thanks guys for the info. Yes, it is my first middle weight bike, I've been riding a click for a year or two in Bangkok traffic, also ridden some old 2 stroke bikes when I was at holidays.

I can afford the 650 and I want a bike that I dont have to modify. Im not sure I Will be able to handle that much power.

I want a bike for traveling in Thailand, I wanna go the north and south. I've Been in Thailand for 13 years, got here when I was a teen...

when I sleep at nights the CB650 cant get out of my head.. but as people suggest, the CB500 is a better first "learning" bike...

I have until end of the week to make a decision. Either go for safe choice 500X, or wait 4 months and get the beast. The miss already gave permission for the CB650F (288,000 THB) , she loved it too.

when I sleep at nights the CB650 cant get out of my head.. but as people suggest, the CB500 is a better first "learning" bike...

You should just get the bike you want.

There is strictly speaking no learner bikes in this size range

If you already know how to swim it does not matter if you swim in'

10meter or 20 meter depths.

No such thing as too much power either as they both have a throttle wink.png

You need to exercise self control on either bike as either is more than capable

of speeds. Open the throttle on either accordingly to your expertise.

So really IMO get the bike you like or as you say is stuck in your

head at night... a sure sign wink.png

You should just get the bike you want.

There is strictly speaking no learner bikes in this size range

If you already know how to swim it does not matter if you swim in'

10meter or 20 meter depths.

No such thing as too much power either as they both have a throttle wink.png

You need to exercise self control on either bike as either is more than capable

of speeds. Open the throttle on either accordingly to your expertise.

So really IMO get the bike you like or as you say is stuck in your

head at night... a sure sign wink.png

Agreed, self control is very important.

I think learner bikes in EU are restricted to about 30 hp as they think especially young men have problems controlling themselves.

Many Russians coming to Pattaya can't ride a bike but can rent anything they want and ends in accidents, below link is an accident on a CB500.

I don't know what is wrong with them, if you try search Youtube for Russians car crashes you will be stunned, they drive like mad.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/29/russian-falls-off-bridge-after-a-motorbike-crash-in-pattaya/

thanks guys for the info. Yes, it is my first middle weight bike, I've been riding a click for a year or two in Bangkok traffic, also ridden some old 2 stroke bikes when I was at holidays.

I can afford the 650 and I want a bike that I dont have to modify. Im not sure I Will be able to handle that much power.

I want a bike for traveling in Thailand, I wanna go the north and south. I've Been in Thailand for 13 years, got here when I was a teen...

I have until end of the week to make a decision. Either go for safe choice 500X, or wait 4 months and get the beast. The miss already gave permission for the CB650F (288,000 THB) , she loved it too.

get the 650 if you want but cbr650f not cb650.

if your target was cb500x, cbr650f will fit your bill better.

also, if you rode in Bangkok a year and has some biking experience, i think you should be fine.

Still, cb500x is also a very good bike and will create no hassle or stress for your ride and life and you can always sell it for a good price and get teh cbr650f once you have some xp.

cbr650f might be tiring for you as well.

dam_n I really want to buy CBR650F, but my misses wont let me do it as we need to buy a car soon.sad.png Sux though I really like the bike and the price.

If that's what you want, you would have a few months to persuade her (unfortunetly) .

That's whats holding me back from switching my purchase of a 2014 650 Ninja, plus I think the Kwacker looks better too but that's just my opinion.

I just rode my 500 from BKK to chiang mai. No need for a "big" engine to do that.

Dude I struggle, I have 500 and when traffic is doing 120-130 and you need to overtake this when that smaller engine becomes a bit of a problem. Not to mention a pick up smoking me on a straight line. Also at 130-140 motorway cruising fuel consumption is so much higher,

I want to have more torque and the sound of a 4 cylinder.

I just rode my 500 from BKK to chiang mai. No need for a "big" engine to do that.

Dude I struggle, I have 500 and when traffic is doing 120-130 and you need to overtake this when that smaller engine becomes a bit of a problem. Not to mention a pick up smoking me on a straight line. Also at 130-140 motorway cruising fuel consumption is so much higher,

These bikes do 0-60 in about 5 seconds. If you got smoked by a pickup, it's because you ride like a girl.

must have been a pretty fast pickup .

also, there are more than enough overtaking power on cbr500r after 130 kph.

Even after 150 kph, you can pass cars nicely. - of course you need to rev a bit.

for the straight line, it is as good as a 650 cc.

must have been a pretty fast pickup .

Ah, the magic of Thailand.

Given the ease in which a pickup can be chipped and/or modified. Never assume that Somchai's is what it appears to be.

I have been living in Chiang Mai for 8 years , I guess there are fast pickups out there but seriously I cant remember the last time I saw one .

I have been living in Chiang Mai for 8 years , I guess there are fast pickups out there but seriously I cant remember the last time I saw one .

That the thing, you won't even know if you have seen one unless it ""smoked" you. In US they are called sleepers, in the UK Q-cars.

Don't know much about Chiang Mai but down here in the demonstration capital if you have an accident most likely one will appear in the form of a "foundation" and most of those are not seriously fast.

by the way, what do you guess about the top speed and 0 - 100 km/h?

Can it reach 240 - 250 kph and 0 -100 around 4 seconds?

I would think not 0-100kph in 4sec

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR does 4 seconds so 650 at least a second slower

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

No waaaay it will go that fast, 210-220 km/h if you are lucky, GPS that is, not indicated.

Does a CBR600RR have 150hp?

I think the new Hypermotard/strada is 135mh which is app 217 km/h and 110 hp but no fairing or not much.

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

even kawa ninja650 is doing 0-100 around 4.7 - 4.8 seconds and cbr500r around 5 seconds flat nearly.

Also keep in mind, gearing is low for cbr650f so possibly a low 0-100 but a low max speed as well.

My estimations are around 220 kph gps speed max and mid 4 second or maybe a little bit less for 0-100. Of course if 0-100 is low, than max speed is low too.

Also, seen a video of a hyperstrada doing 260 kph.

Archived