Honda cbr650 2014

One really smart thing Honda is doing with these bikes is making the handlebars lower on the CBR than on the CB. This will save me the trouble of getting sport bars. I never understood why Kawasaki didn't do that with the ER6n/Ninja650.

I can't wait to see what the CBR650F looks like in graphite black. If it ends up being priced as people are guessing, that will probably be my next bike. Anyone want to by a 6mo. old Kawasaki Ninja 650?

If u do me a good deal I will take it off your hands tomorrow ;-)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the way, what do you guess about the top speed and 0 - 100 km/h?

Can it reach 240 - 250 kph and 0 -100 around 4 seconds?

I would think not 0-100kph in 4sec

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR does 4 seconds so 650 at least a second slower

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

even kawa ninja650 is doing 0-100 around 4.7 - 4.8 seconds and cbr500r around 5 seconds flat nearly.

Also keep in mind, gearing is low for cbr650f so possibly a low 0-100 but a low max speed as well.

My estimations are around 220 kph gps speed max and mid 4 second or maybe a little bit less for 0-100. Of course if 0-100 is low, than max speed is low too.

Also, seen a video of a hyperstrada doing 260 kph.

The NC700X DCT and the Integra 'scooter' have a 0-100kph time of 5.2 seconds so I'm guessing the CBR650F will be posting sub 5 second runs.

No rush. the 2nd hand market will be flooded with kawa 650's once the honda's are being delivered.

Do you actually think it's that much better enough for many people to buy a same c.c. Bike with far less dealer coverage. The same applies to Suzuki big bikes and they haven't exactly swamped the big bike market have they.

This aspect is holding me back from considering this very good bike. Would you still buy one if you lived (say) 400k from a dealer???

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^ Maybe that is on purpose.whistling.gif

I remember back when Ducati were give a weight penalty in the WSB series. From memory they had to add 10 kgs. Not being able to find a good spot for it they put it in the Vee of the engine and the difference in weight balance actually made the bike faster.

No rush. the 2nd hand market will be flooded with kawa 650's once the honda's are being delivered.

Do you actually think it's that much better enough for many people to buy a same c.c. Bike with far less dealer coverage. The same applies to Suzuki big bikes and they haven't exactly swamped the big bike market have they.

This aspect is holding me back from considering this very good bike. Would you still buy one if you lived (say) 400k from a dealer???

That is a very good point & the Kawa 650 is a very good bike too.

I know 2 guys in Pattaya that have the Kawa 650 and they hardly ever ride them due to family commitments but they gonna keep them and enjoy the ride now and again.

If I owned a Kawa 650, I don't think I would be in a rush to sell it unless 4-5 years old and you can justify swapping it for a new bike.

I forgot to add, nobody knows how the CB650 rides and handles and if the engine is trouble free, okay we are talking Honda here so it will very likely be a very good bike.

One really smart thing Honda is doing with these bikes is making the handlebars lower on the CBR than on the CB. This will save me the trouble of getting sport bars. I never understood why Kawasaki didn't do that with the ER6n/Ninja650.

I can't wait to see what the CBR650F looks like in graphite black. If it ends up being priced as people are guessing, that will probably be my next bike. Anyone want to by a 6mo. old Kawasaki Ninja 650?

If u do me a good deal I will take it off your hands tomorrow ;-)

225k with 1 year 1st class insurance, 215k without. May be sold today though. :)

The seating position debate may have to wait until one gets here but the torque for both motors is about the same +/- 1Mn in favour of the Kawa. and at 1000 rpm less. In the real riding Kawa gets the nod for torque.

I'm a two-stroke guy so the Honda's engine characteristics might suit me as that is what I am used to.

Bigwing has dealers at most biggest cities of Thailand and they are opening more. Soon, they will reach the same number or service points as Kawa. Keep in mind, Kawa is investing for 6 years and honda only 1,5 years but Honda is much more faster!

So, service is not a big concern and you dont need to go much part from scheduled services. dont forget, this is a Honda!

You dont need to go 400 km for Honda service. They are opening - or maybe opened? - Bigwing Ubon Ratchathani, Korat and Surat Thani and more is coming.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1386295634.707054.jpg

How much do you think that stock exhaust weighs?

It is cat and exhaust together. So, a slip on means, cat is out automatically like a full system! Good but you fail from emission tests.

And i think it does not weight much as it is very small in real. Engine is also compact for a 650 cc.

Honda CBR650f 2014: 86 hp at 11,000, peak torque 46 lbs•ft at 8,000 rpm. 465 lb wet
Hypermotard 2013: 110 hp at 9250 rpm, peak torque 65.8 lbs•ft at 7750. 436 lb wet.

Hmmm... I think I'll keep the hyper. But, nice bike tongue.png

if you sell the hypermotard and buy the honda cbr650f, i call you hyperretard anyway niksterlaugh.png

by the way, i heard that Honda sold around 250 650 bikes until now and they expect more!

So, i am the tenth guy booked the red cbr650r and i had been given a delivery date of March 31st and now people recently booked the bike is given June/July!

So, i am glad to pay the deposit while i am deciding my new bike so if i decide on cbr650f, i will be getting my bike at first lot of delivery!

250 people bought a bike nobody has ridden. Hope it comes up to your expectations.

Good luck.

bc people trust honda.

or do you want to wait until the test ride? But until then, they might sell 500 and you wait for a year.

Besides, i will have a chance to test ride during January and have a chance to get my deposit back anytime so...

250 people bought a bike nobody has ridden. Hope it comes up to your expectations.

Good luck.

bc people trust honda.

or do you want to wait until the test ride? But until then, they might sell 500 and you wait for a year.

Besides, i will have a chance to test ride during January and have a chance to get my deposit back anytime so...

The good thing about the high demand is that you'll get your money back for sure, should this have unexpected issues. But c'mon it's a Honda. Worst thing that can happen is that it has some issue, there's a recall, and they fix it. That's why people feel good leaving their money with Honda.

Gonna be a great bike, for sure.

by the way, i heard that Honda sold around 250 650 bikes until now and they expect more!

So, i am the tenth guy booked the red cbr650r and i had been given a delivery date of March 31st and now people recently booked the bike is given June/July!

So, i am glad to pay the deposit while i am deciding my new bike so if i decide on cbr650f, i will be getting my bike at first lot of delivery!

i also booked this bike but the black one ,i too was told march ,where did you hear 250 were sold ,they told me only 10 on monday

post-66232-0-21539800-1386405944_thumb.j

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

even kawa ninja650 is doing 0-100 around 4.7 - 4.8 seconds and cbr500r around 5 seconds flat nearly.

Also keep in mind, gearing is low for cbr650f so possibly a low 0-100 but a low max speed as well.

My estimations are around 220 kph gps speed max and mid 4 second or maybe a little bit less for 0-100. Of course if 0-100 is low, than max speed is low too.

The NC700X DCT and the Integra 'scooter' have a 0-100kph time of 5.2 seconds so I'm guessing the CBR650F will be posting sub 5 second runs.

Why on earth would you compare a glorified scooter with a low revving, frugal engine with a proper motorbike?

Can it reach 240 - 250 kph and 0 -100  around 4 seconds?

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

Why on earth would you compare a glorified scooter with a low revving, frugal engine with a proper motorbike?

Wait, he could have done worst in his innocent comparison. He could have named Kawasaki! Now that would have really annoying!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

100kph=62mph

CBR600RR- 150hp/410 lbs

cbr650 - 85hp/ 465 lbs

Wait, he could have done worst in his innocent comparison. He could have named Kawasaki! Now that would have really annoying!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

What a lousy quote. biggrin.png

It often seems to get fxxxxx up when people quoting from their GT's.

Besidex that you have missed the banter, for which one would need to read back on previous postings, there is to say that having Guzzi in a nickname doesn't make a much better presentation outside wrecks contest events.

Besidex that you have missed the banter, for which one would need to read back on previous postings, there is to say that having Guzzi in a nickname doesn't make a much better presentation outside wrecks contest events.

I am afraid I am missing your point: having Guzzi in a nickname doesn't make a much better presentation outside wrecks contest events??

I don't understand what you mean by that, please explain.

I did own a Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans2 before moving to Thailand, what a bike it was, but tricky gearbox.

I had a Le Mans 1 "bikini" fairing on minewub.png .

Almost same estimated top speed as the 2014 CBR650, not bad for a bike from the 1980's, ehthumbsup.gif

Beside that you have missed the banter, for which one would need to read back on previous postings, there is to say that having Guzzi in a nickname doesn't make a much better presentation outside wrecks contest events.

I am afraid I am missing your point: having Guzzi in a nickname doesn't make a much better presentation outside wrecks contest events??

I don't understand what you mean by that, please explain.

I did own a Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans2 before moving to Thailand, what a bike it was, but tricky gearbox.

I had a Le Mans 1 "bikini" fairing on mine.

Almost same estimated top speed as the 2014 CBR650 not bad for a bike from the 1980's, ehthumbsup.gif

I know well these bikes having had some come to my shop back then.

Sorry to say I did not liked them having being spoiled by ricers in late 70s already.

So I made some fun about, that in good spirit, take no offense and please enjoy any bike you like or just their invaluable memories.

I know well these bikes having had some come to my shop back then.

Sorry to say I did not liked them having being spoiled by ricers in late 70s already.

So I made some fun about, that in good spirit, take no offense and please enjoy any bike you like or just their invaluable memories.

Paz, i don't take any offence about it, but still I honestly don't understand what you mean? But never mind, as I said, I enjoyed my time with the Guzzi but a tricky bike to run, even then.

Next bike in the stable will most likely be the Ducati Hyperstrada 821, the most fun bike I ever tied i my life so far and I tried a few over the years.

Sorry but, I will not explicit further my opinion on Guzzis because is irrelevant and could be seen a flaming. Again, enjoy.

I like them too. Sold my V1100 Le Mans to come here too (2005)

Sorry off topic

Archived