best for price swimming pool builders

Dirk_brijs

who had their swimming pools build in Pattaya and how much were they about?

Went around town a bit but there seem to be massive price differences throughout town??

Looking for a small 6m x 4m pool so nothing too fancy.

any advise on which one to take?

Edited by Dirk_brijs

all I can oofer is a reccomendation of the company i use had mine built 7 years ago had no problems always used their cleaning service also

not sure how they fair against others but certainly the best quote i got & the best design higly reccomend.

Home & Pool great service & good design I have no financial intrest or connection in this company

• Like 2

My experience of Home & Pool

Tiling...not great

After sales service...arrogant and not interested

My approaches to them have always been courteous, but it made no difference

I will be looking elsewhere next time

Edited by DD13

• 4 weeks later...

I used pattayaswimmingpools.com and the price was 150k cheaper than home and pool and the service was good and i also had extra work carried out afterwards. The pool was chemically balanced after the work was completed. The foreman has been working in Pattaya for 10 years. Defiantly recommend shopping around for prices as most companies use sub contractors anyhow

Home and pool design nice pools, but their after sales service is pathetic.

Rarely have I seen such incompetence and I have seen my fair share of it in this fine country.

I think they must be the only swimming pool company in the World that installs salt water pools but does not own a salt water tester - they had to bring a whole new salt water water generator to my last house to check the salt level.

Took them 10 visits to change the cell on a salt water generator that was 7 years old, kept trying to say it was fine.

I moved into a new house 2 months ago and 2 weeks ago the landlord got home and pool in (I didn't know this at the time) to fit a new salt water generator. It worked fine for about a week then stopped making chlorine. I take care of the chemicals in my own pool when I realised that pool guys here haven't got a clue, so I know that my levels are all spot on. Chloride 4000pm (tested with a perfectly calibrated Lamotte tester), Ph 7.5 (tested with Exact 10 pool tester) all other levels in the perfect range as per the manufacturers instructions.

The guy who installed it came back today and I say the generator is not outputting chlorine.

"Low salt" he comes back with.

"Nope - the low salt light is not on and I have tested the salt level - it's perfect".

"PH problem".

"No, here is the test result for the PH - 7.5. Why don't you check the salt level yourself?"

"No can"

"Why not - you installed the generator?"

"No can."

So I called the real estate agent that I deal with when things go wrong in the house and explained to her what was going on. She spoke to the guy and he said he needed to train me on how to add chemicals to the pool... Then she said he's very good, he works for home and pool. I just laughed and told him to get out, he wandered off looking like the turnip that he is.

So then I called Leo from Wichaiyong Pool Equipment and he will come around on Monday to take a look - he speaks absolutely fluent English and knows as much as pools as anybody I've ever met.

Location here:-

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Wichaiyong+pool+equipment%4012.9275,100.9511&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.224889,93.076172&t=m&z=16

Only a small place and you need to speak to Leo himself if you can't speak Thai, but he is used by two different good quality farang builders I know here and they both speak very highly of him. I've no idea of prices on building pools but I know he does them and you could far worse then popping in to his shop and getting a quote - he's the cheapest I have found in Pattaya for pool chemicals by a long way.

Cheers,

Tom.

we actualy been to that shop and are cinsidering using them.

very friendly people inside and the lowest quote in town helped too.

happy you could tell me that they seem competent as well