Tyre Options for 215/55/R17

So I got quoted somewhere along the lines of THB6,200 per piece for Michelin Primacy 215/55 R17. I went into a GoodYear shop and got quoted THB3950 for a Good Year Triplemax same size. Is Michelin well worth the premium? Can someone recommend some good tyres without needing to spend THB25k on a set of tyres? I look into the possibility of getting stock Toyota Camry rims at 16' but the difference in tyre pricing is not much to the 17in. In addition to spending money on those rims. Current tyres are already bad/noisy and probably giving me very bad fuel consumption which is really hurting me.

Try bridgestone ecopia - they are about 5500 a piece according the the bquik website for your size. They are supposed to help save fuel a fraction. The primacy's look very expensive; prices have increased markedly over the last few years.

I recently put a set of ecopias on one of my cars. Those were replacing the original bridgestones. Very noticeable improvement in both quiet ride & gas mileage.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

thanks for all your replies. Went to a shop that were offering Michelin Primacy 3 ST at 4900 per piece. at 215/55 R17.

He also had original Toyota Camry rims at 1500 baht per rim Stock 16inches. Ecopia 215/60 R16 Tyres at 4,500 per piece. Total at 24k if I downgrade to 16 inches rims. I am at two minds now whether to leave the rims of 17 inches. My car does have Toyota skirting and hence the 17in rims make it look good. Not sure if there would be significant petrol savings from downgrading to 16in.

Any inputs on what you would do?

Thanks guys.

If it came with the 17" factory wheels I would stick with them. I doubt you will see any fuel savings with 16" and at 1,500 a wheel, you’ll have to go through 4 sets of tires to realize any savings.

$600 every several years does not seem like much in the scheme of things.

That said, if you like the look of the 16” wheels better, what the hey.

If it came with the 17" factory wheels I would stick with them. I doubt you will see any fuel savings with 16" and at 1,500 a wheel, youll have to go through 4 sets of tires to realize any savings.

$600 every several years does not seem like much in the scheme of things.

That said, if you like the look of the 16 wheels better, what the hey.

Hi well. The car came with 16in and the owner then turned that in as part payment for the 17 in and tyres.

You are right. I think I would go with the good year at 3950 a piece. But will also check out Ecopia. Thanks everyone.