Will I need a work permit working with wife?

I am married with a Thai woman and keeping my Thai retirement visa. We are registering a limited partnership company to buy a business without employees. Do I need to change my visa to work with her?

In any case you will not her a Work Permit if your Company does not employ at least 2 Thai staff.

Patrick

Actually you need four Thai employees, pay their Social Security each month which is 8% including your share and wp will not be issued if on a retirement visa.

In any case you will not her a Work Permit if your Company does not employ at least 2 Thai staff.

Patrick

Actually you need four Thai employees, pay their Social Security each month which is 8% including your share and wp will not be issued if on a retirement visa.

Can I work with her without work visa if I change my visa for marriage visa?

Either way, if your wife opens a business even just as her working (food stall, kiosk etc.) and you want to help her by working then yes you will need a WP. Even volunteer work requires one. That means you will need to change your visa.

Look at the top of the main page on this site and there is a lot of info regarding work, WP's etc.

Patrick

He has a Thai wife so the Quota is 2 Thai staff.

Patrick

I would like to butt in here with a different situation.

We are considering volunteering, for a week or two, to help with The Christopher Robert Foundation https://www.facebook.com/thecrproject

There would be me on a retirement visa, the lady, Thai (not married) and probably 2 10yr old kids (Thai, belonging to the ladys sisters)

Could I do this without a work permit?

We are considering volunteering, for a week or two, to help with The Christopher Robert Foundation https://www.facebook.com/thecrproject

There would be me on a retirement visa, the lady, Thai (not married) and probably 2 10yr old kids (Thai, belonging to the ladys sisters)

i don't think so...

you can't even help in a natural disaster.

• Like 1

Patrick

Patrick

Ok Thanks....didn't know that. I have a company...without the Thai wife. Cheers

From The Project website:

"Everyone at the Christopher Robert Project is a volunteer and maintains employment independent from the project."

As they were launched in May 2011, you should ask them how regarding work permits they have handled all their other non-Thai volunteers. And if they say 'You are the first', I would proceed with caution.

Patrick

Patrick

This is interesting. I was always told 4. I have a Thai wife and eventually will open a Company with no Thai partners under the treaty of amnety. (USA Thailand)

is there a min capital for a company with only 2 Thai employees 2 Million or 5 Million?

A reference would be nice to. Thanks in Advance to you for the reference. I want it to send to the person advising me

Edited by maprao

Patrick

Patrick

I still don't understand. If the quota is 4 Thai per foreigner, how does his wife and two more Thai fulfill that requirement?

i don't think so...

Tsunami in Thailand 2004. Forensic Experts from the German BKA ( similar to the American FBI) flew right after the catastrophe to LOS.

They had a hard time, as the bodies were in sea water for a while and you couldn't even say which ethnicity they were. They did a great job identifying many bodies.

But:

They were kicked out by Thai authorities for working without a work permit. Insanity at its best. Hope that answers your question.-wai2.gif

Patrick

Patrick

I still don't understand. If the quota is 4 Thai per foreigner, how does his wife and two more Thai fulfill that requirement?

A good question. They might count the foreigner.

Patrick

Patrick

Ok Thanks....didn't know that. I have a company...without the Thai wife. Cheers

It was in the OP...

A foreigner can establish a company with the Thai wife with normal qualifications halved..

That is; 1 million registered capital...

The foreigner can also apply for a work permit through said company if the company employs (including the obligatory social security payments, minimum wage etc) 2 Thais...

The registered capital needs to be at least 25% paid up.

But that is for a Thai Limited company, I'm not sure if the above applies to Partnerships.

So if the OP goes down the Thai Limited route, his wife would or should employ herself and someone else to meet the minimum criteria...

i don't think so...

Tsunami in Thailand 2004. Forensic Experts from the German BKA ( similar to the American FBI) flew right after the catastrophe to LOS.

They had a hard time, as the bodies were in sea water for a while and you couldn't even say which ethnicity they were. They did a great job identifying many bodies.

But:

They were kicked out by Thai authorities for working without a work permit. Insanity at its best. Hope that answers your question.-wai2.gif

& US Navy (in the Gulf of Thailand) told to 'piss off'* after offering help as floods headed for BKK.

*Effectively.

i don't think so...

But:

& US Navy (in the Gulf of Thailand) told to 'piss off'* after offering help as floods headed for BKK.

*Effectively.

After the tsunami there were many offers from foreign governments offering to help with reconstruction etc. but the Thai government didn't want to know.

They could donate money though.

From The Project website:

"Everyone at the Christopher Robert Project is a volunteer and maintains employment independent from the project."

As they were launched in May 2011, you should ask them how regarding work permits they have handled all their other non-Thai volunteers. And if they say 'You are the first', I would proceed with caution.

Regardless whether everyone has outside employment, each "volunteer" needs a wp attached to the organization as well.

This sounds like a round about way to employ teachers in the backwaters to me.

I know of many religious groups that came here on tourist visas and helped out in the south during the Tsunami.

Illegal yes, in the way the law is written but enforced no.

Playing music on the other hand and look out.

If an organization claims on its website that it is an IRS approved 501c3 non-profit (or Registered Charity in Commonwealth terms), and the very comprehensive IRS website from which one can search/access all 501c3 organizations has no record of such non-profit status, that is not a good sign.

& if it goes sour with the missus (after buying house in her name, etc etc,) she only has to make a phone call & you will be out of the country in 48.

Nonsense

Could you kindly tell me how she could do that.

Even if you were on an extension of stay based upon marriage you would have to be divorced to loose the extension and the Amphoe does not notify immigration when you get divorced.

If on a visa there is no way she could have you kicked out of the country.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

& if it goes sour with the missus (after buying house in her name, etc etc,) she only has to make a phone call & you will be out of the country in 48.

Nonsense

Even if you were on an extension of stay based upon marriage you would have to be divorced to loose the extension and the Amphoe does not notify immigration when you get divorced.

Working without a WP can (not always) result in deportation.

Nonsense

Working without a WP can (not always) result in deportation.

Even if you have a wp, they can still screw with you. Place of work, job you may be performing etc.

Technically working outside your registered office address is illegal.

Edited by Thai at Heart