Chiang Mai Immigration Office Much Improved

morpho

I went in this morning for my 90-day reporting in. I hadn't been in the office since October last year because I've been traveling in and out of the country a lot and hadn't had the need to go in for my 90-day.

I was very impressed with the changes in the office since I was last there. The staff still needs to be increased to deal with the volume of foreigners needing assistance but the office is much improved IMO. I'm referring to better signing on where to go and what to do (and in very understandable English), simple things like IN and OUT doors to improve flow in the office, a separate area set up outside specifically for Burmese workers, an improved copier area, and a motorbike overflow parking area. I don't know if the office has a new chief or what but whoever was responsible for the changes gets CONGRATS from me.

I was in and out in about an hour...and would have been out sooner if some foreigners would have filled out their paperwork and had the required passport copies before their number was called, instead of doing it at the counter when they were called and wasting time.

Also, the immigration/police officer taking care of 90-day reports today was a credit to the office...very efficient, friendly, and providing excellent service with a smile!

Back in October to renew my retirement visa and will hope for the same.

Edited by morpho