All thai girls are money hungry women looking for a Falang?

Aussieroaming

You are 50 years outa date mate.Women are way ahead of the game than most men.Ozzy women are happy to pay all,or at least half.Laughter and a bit of romance is a good aphrodisiac imho.

And so they should pay, they got let out of the kitchen with their equal right feminist no need to shave anymore nonsense...

But this is not the forum to discuss such a political hot potato what with glass ceilings and all that...

I've got news for you ladies... It's called a bloody skylight!

Us males have been all about the conservation and concerned about carbon emissions for 50 odd years now...

Posted Image

hmm...i recon you are probably around 70+ . ..am i right?

Nawww.. Bless your little feminist farang cotton socks.. If you were any younger I'd want to squeeze your cheeks and say how cute you are..

But seriously, at the end of the day, we all know that's not going to happen..

Why?

Ain't nobody got time fo that!

;)

Two well-matched people in terms of age, appearance and intelligence, will rarely bring up perceived stereotypes.

They will bring up stereotypes and do it constantly but in a manner that makes light of the situation..

Especially in places like Pattaya or when stuck in traffic on sukhumvit trying to pass the time..

Things like "oh honey look there's your grandfather, did he tell you he was coming to Thailand?" Which would get the reply "does it make you feel awkward that your sister is going to be your new grandmother?"

All said in pure jest until one goes to far and it then it ends in silence...

My wife is Chinese thai...fantastic I said lets go to Hong Kong . When we got there we sat in a noodle bar and and they asked her what she wanted in whatever dialect they were speaking. She looked at them and said " sorry I only speak English" we still laugh about is cos she now realises that she's thai..not Chinese

I had the same issue in Macau, my wife's also of Sino-Siam heritage. First day was hilarious. Waiter speaks purely Cantonese (as in Hong Kong) wife answers in Thai, quickly realizes that she's not in Bangkok, replies in Mandarin. Nothing. Wife's getting frustrated and I'm splitting myself because it hasn't dawned yet. Wife tentatively orders in English. Voila. No problems.

Assumption.. The mother of all xxxx ups..

biggrin.png

Edited by metisdead

My wife is Chinese thai...fantastic I said lets go to Hong Kong . When we got there we sat in a noodle bar and and they asked her what she wanted in whatever dialect they were speaking. She looked at them and said " sorry I only speak English" we still laugh about is cos she now realises that she's thai..not Chinese

I had the same issue in Macau, my wife's also of Sino-Siam heritage. First day was hilarious. Waiter speaks purely Cantonese (as in Hong Kong) wife answers in Thai, quickly realizes that she's not in Bangkok, replies in Mandarin. Nothing. Wife's getting frustrated and I'm splitting myself because it hasn't dawned yet. Wife tentatively orders in English. Voila. No problems.

biggrin.png

I am related to King Edward 2 (really), but be damned if l can get the horse to move it's head in the right direction when I'm jousting. wink.png .....smile.png

I am related to King Edward 2 (really), but be damned if l can get the horse to move it's head in the right direction when I'm jousting. wink.png .....smile.png

Don't you have a guy for that? I have a guy who adjusts the horses head.

Of course I pay him his 300 baht a day. I'm no Jefferson Davis, sir :P

• Like 1

You are 50 years outa date mate.Women are way ahead of the game than most men.Ozzy women are happy to pay all,or at least half.Laughter and a bit of romance is a good aphrodisiac imho.

And so they should pay, they got let out of the kitchen with their equal right feminist no need to shave anymore nonsense...u

But this is not the forum to discuss such a political hot potato what with glass ceilings and all that...

I've got news for you ladies... It's called a bloody skylight!

Us males have been all about the conservation and concerned about carbon emissions for 50 odd years now...

tongue.png

hmm...i recon you are probably around 70+ . ..am i right?
Nawww.. Bless your little feminist farang cotton socks.. If you were any younger I'd want to squeeze your cheeks and say how cute you are..

But seriously, at the end of the day, we all know that's not going to happen..

Why?

Ain't nobody got time fo that!

;)

Actually, you dont know if im farang, and you dont know if im a feminist..for nothing in my posts have given either impression. However, your posts on the other hand demonstrates a rather old fashioned perspective...which is the grounding for my assumption about your age (apologies of course to the older gents who are not in the same catagory!). Your assumption of me is based on nothing really..which pretty much demonsrates much of what men here are complaining about: biased narrow-minded assumptions... Edited by LaraC
  • Like 1

'I have battled this perception in the west for years. Apparently my wife was a money hungry Thai girl.

Not in reality, but in the perception of my friends who only have the media as a guide to thai culture and life. They look at my lifestyle and assume I support my wife.

my western friends hold a totally skewed view of thai women.

I would like to know who else has had to defend the ridiculous notion that thai women only marry for money and opportunity, because I married into a family that were far more well off than I was. Although I never realised this as I never discussed it with my wife, who in her defence never wanted to talk about it.

I didn't marry her for money either, it was just two like minded people who happened to fall in love.

As it turned out she was far wealthier than me, but she never showed it or talked about it and I was shocked to find out her upbringing. I definitely learned the hard way that our perception of our worth doesn't always reflect reality.'

you have just come on here to show off, this is why the 'British Royal Family' laughs at us peasants. you have no class lol!

I've dated more Thai girls that I can count and ... It's really pretty easy: You start with 1 (one), then 2 (two), 3 (three), and pretty soon you get the hang of it even in Chinese yee-er-san-see-wu not so tough ... how about being asked for taxi money for the ride home or are the TGs just too overwhelmed to ask?

I can't count past 100 so that's why I got stuck.

I've been asked for taxi money twice in my life and both by dodgy girls I picked up in BKK after hours clubs who were blatantly hookers but who lied about it at the time. Me being drunk I didn't realise / care and went ahead and took them home anyway.

Thankfully I rarely go to these places and haven't for a long time.

No regular Thai girl has ever asked me for taxi money.

Conversely.. Throw money at every date and your hit rate will increase exponentially.

The thing with Thailand is, ya average joe white guy is in a financial position to be a bit of a player. If cities anywhere else in the planet were littered with single guys with way more cash to burn than the local female population is used to. There would likely be a que of chicks more than happy to bend over for a guy twice their age too.

Women want stability, protection, etc from men anywhere on the planet. They are the weaker sex. What makes this so apparent in Thailand is the economic differences between the east and west and your average thai female and western male.

Throwing money at dates is exactly the WRONG thing to do. Sure it might get you plenty of dates and attention but it's dates and attention from the wrong types.

A lot of the Thai girls I date tell me about the "ting tong farang" they met who took them to fancy restaurants and over priced cocktail bars and flashed the cash and how they just thought he was a mug who spent too much money and tried too hard whilst me and her are sitting at a cheap eating joint or drinking some cheep beers / whisky and having a great time.

My dates rarely cost more than 1,000B for dinner and drinks and they have about a 90% success rate (as in we end up back at my place). Nearly every girl is happy to see me again.

A connection is worth more than money even if a lot of these girls did initially set out to find a guy with some cash. They soon realize that even if the guy has money it's boring as hell spending time with him if he's no social skills, doesn't know how to have fun or interact with her.

By all means though continue chucking your money around it actually works in my favour.

Ozzie birds must be a special breed because even in the UK most young birds expect a guy will pick up the tab for the night. At best they'll split it with you but rarely pay the lot.

Edited by TheSpade

So if the Thai girls one has dated are happy to see someone again how can the number of girls one has dated be in the arithmetic range that is beyond one's ability to count? Seems that within that staggering range of women that would be interested in a multiple shot there would be at least a few that would be worth the repeat occasion. But then again some of these tales of exploits get to the point where they are in the ball park of perpetual motion machines or uphill water flow.

.. as in "I know Ms. Tangmo that you would be happy to see me again but tonight I have other plans."

Tangmo-Pattaratida-Maxim-Thailand-2.jpg

Actually, you dont know if im farang, and you dont know if im a feminist..for nothing in my posts have given either impression. However, your posts on the other hand demonstrates a rather old fashioned perspective...which is the grounding for my assumption about your age (apologies of course to the older gents who are not in the same catagory!). Your assumption of me is based on nothing really..which pretty much demonsrates much of what men here are complaining about: biased narrow-minded assumptions...

Really? Do you really want to go down this path?

It's pretty well documented on this forum that you are a farang and that your partner is also a farang who used to date thai women and finds it amusing that Thai women are intimidated by Farang women. You remember that thread you started, right?

So by virtue it's also well documented on this forum that you are female.

Feminist? Probably stretching the terms of the work permit.

My posts on this thread? Come on Germaine, you can surely do better than that! Perhaps, in your infinite wisdom, you should go back and find my first post on this thread.

Go on, read it.. I'll wait...

On review, courtesy of Shane Watson, I won't wait...

I've made no assumptions. Did I intend to set the cat amongst the pigeons? Oh my word I did. Do I apologise for doing so? I'll most certainly make none.

If you'd like to discuss your assumptions further, do let me know.

• Like 1

... Well done ... another farang who mets & weds a wealthy HiSo Chinese/Thai...thumbsup.gif ... your post says it all !!

Also I met her in a bar, but she was different from all the rest.

As is mine. The only reason she even considered dating me in the first place is because I was in the S.A.S....

Wow, Now you got me thinking. I was wearing a Green Beret when my wife first saw me. You don't think she thinks...............Naaaah!

IMO, the perception, not just in the western world but in asia also, that a majority of the thai girls married to older westerners are poor, under educated and from a rural background and that such relationships are primarily based on economic needs and not on love alone is not entirely incorrect.

When you are brought up in the conditions most of us could not imagine of course you would aspire to have and perhaps even worship money and or those that have it. This is conditioning and not a describing element of what the heart truly contains.Then... you view your environment and assets to see the best way to get there.

Who wouldn't want to go to sleep without an empty ache in their belly. I think Thai culture with two thousand years of seclusion mentality have a stronger likely hood to view the farang (barbarian invader) as somene to trick to get what they need. But not overwhelminly so. Our actions are the seeds we plant. Our harvest will be directly related. Be selective. Knowing women will always be women (or sometimes men). The idea is to know who they are before you marry. If you are after only sex why then can their objective not only be money?

Love is the real common denominator. You reap what you sow. Plant on fertile ground.

I have battled this perception in the west for years. Apparently my wife was a money hungry Thai girl.

Not in reality, but in the perception of my friends who only have the media as a guide to thai culture and life. They look at my lifestyle and assume I support my wife.

my western friends hold a totally skewed view of thai women.

I would like to know who else has had to defend the ridiculous notion that thai women only marry for money and opportunity, because I married into a family that were far more well off than I was. Although I never realised this as I never discussed it with my wife, who in her defence never wanted to talk about it.

I didn't marry her for money either, it was just two like minded people who happened to fall in love.

As it turned out she was far wealthier than me, but she never showed it or talked about it and I was shocked to find out her upbringing. I definitely learned the hard way that our perception of our worth doesn't always reflect reality.

chxfxh dsddxccc chhhf

Sent from my Vodafone Smart II using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So once you are 40 plus you have no personality, charisma, charm etc etc and it's impossible for a girl to fall for you..what complete and utter garbage. As for you having dating thousands of girls and not one of them asking you for money goes............welcome to the forum Mr Pitt does Angelina know your out?

Sure guys over 40 have all those things but that combined with being 'old' (in a young persons eyes) isn't likely to win you many dates with girls half your age. It just does not happen unless there's some sort of financial incentive involved in most cases.

I said hundreds not thousands.

And I have been asked for money from Thai girls I already documented that but I picked them up from shady clubs like Spicy when too drunk to even remember doing it.

Literally waking up in the morning with a girl shaking me to wake up asking for money and me having no idea who she was. Horrible experience.

Thankfully not something that happens often.

From regular Thai girls with actual jobs who I met outside of these places...never.

I'm definitely not Brad Pitt. Wouldn't claim otherwise.

Literally waking up in the morning with a girl shaking me to wake up asking for money and me having no idea who she was. Horrible experience.

I'm not going to moralise on personal responsibility, I tell thee.

I'm not going to beat you with a stick either. I'm calm.

Statistically a General Topic such as this generates more traffic to the site but in answer to the question 50% of the Thai wife & Farang husband i know:- said wife was a Bar Hostess & said husband a Patron

The other 50% met through an introduction or from a mutual interest but the topic is too full of a Generalizations as are the replies

However a Scientific viewpoint is to match Male = interested in Women with Woman = interested in Men

no Algorithm needed there.

do you math

you think 50,60,70+ year old fat bald farang = attractive ?

the only part that they are attractive is that they can bring the $$$$$$$$$$ to the young women, that usually work in bars and "like" this kind of old farts

till the money dries up or the waterbuffalo gets sicker than the farang can afford

Edited by belg

... Well done ... another farang who mets & weds a wealthy HiSo Chinese/Thai...thumbsup.gif ... your post says it all !!

My Thai wife is a HiSo woman of Japanese origin and she spits of the HiSo Chinese girls. It`s embarrassing, but she will do it.

Also I met her in a bar, but she was different from all the rest.

I think I know her. She's quite tall, dark hair, light colored skin and dark eyes.

do you math

the only part that they are attractive is that they can bring the $$$$$$$$$$ to the young women, that usually work in bars and "like" this kind of old farts

till the money dries up or the waterbuffalo gets sicker than the farang can afford

One can only guess where your bitterness and hatred comes from.

But having a lovely attractive woman as girlfriend is certainly not the reason....

• Like 2

do you math

One can only guess where your bitterness and hatred comes from.

But having a lovely attractive woman as girlfriend is certainly not the reason....

Sssssst he comes from Belgium !

biggrin.png

And im the son of god. Are you related to David Ike at all?

Entering the foray...

I can only bring my experience: having been in Thailand since 22yrs of age:

I have only ever entered relationships with women my own age (+/- 3 years).

With confidence I can say that the Women I have dated are from financially secure backgrounds, have been well educated etc..

I can also say that with confidence had I been older than 40 (as that seems to be the figure which has been thrown around so far on this thread) these ladies would not have been interested in me (I'm nearing 40 now BTW).

I can also say that had I not been introduced to these ladies or had overlapping friends they wouldn't have been interested in me (I know this because on a couple of occasions they didn't want to date a tourist, it was only when they found out I was a long termer here that they opened up to the idea of going out for a dinner etc).

Thus: The ladies I know and have been in relationships with, and the ladies with whom 'most' of my friends have been in relationships with have not entered those relationships for reasons of financial gain or security, they have their own financial security.

That said: I in the past I have been on dates with girls who have confessed to only wanting to date foreigners. These 'occupational farang hunters' have not been 'relationship material'... any preconceived notion that a girl will like a Westerner above a Thai man with whom they share more with in regards to culture and language etc is born of financial gain and thus perhaps true of the 'money hungry suggestion', IMO these women were best left to continue hunting else where.

However, an open minded person who is intelligent and articulate enough to charm and be charmed and deal with each individual based on their own characteristics and merits will generally offer a secure and longing partnership (I used the word generally, not always).

Thus, in conclusion: Money is not always the objective of a Thai or Woman of any nationality, neither is security especially if they can provide their own.

However, in a nation without social welfare where a huge section of the population is less wealthy than its foreign visitors it is hardly surprising and its not a stretch of the imagination to suggest that the majority of relationships are borne out of financial gain on behalf of the poorer party.

Neither is it a huge stretch of the imagination to suggest that with an increasing age gap the chances that the relationship is borne out of financial gain on behalf of the poorer party is increased.

All that we read and see in the West is the media's portrayal of Men taking advantage of poor farm girls who are with them for money. In many cases true, also in many cases not true - but which is it better to gossip, tease and make jibes about ?

And there we may have our answer: 'Mine's different' and unless we are with a 'Bar Girl' or 'Occupational Farang hunter' and Pulling the Wool over our own eyes the 'Mine is different' is often true.... but thats for those in the know...

For those not in the know... i.e. those in our home countries who suffer from bigotry and ignorance there is a simpler answer: Gossip, the dirtier the better.....

"Oooohhh... Bob down the road has bought himself a Thai Bride".... is much better gossip than.. "Bob has met a charming and eloquent Lawyer from Thailand"... but also, which of the two scenarios is more common, more realistic if we are to make a sweeping generalisation ?

Excellent post, Sir Richard.

Good to hear that "yours is different".

The simple truth is that most farangs who come to Thailand to seek women are rejects (ugly, short, bald, fat, embittered, cynical, jealous), and the women they pair off with are the dregs.

• Like 1

I am glad that you have found happiness with the best girl that Thailand has produced. It is just amazing how every expat here has found that perfect beer bar girl, that just started work today, and you were her first, and she loves you so much. I know so many women here as friends that are totally in love until the boyfriend has to go back to his home country for 2 months, and they are butterflying as soon as possible. Girls that are receiving 30,000 baht a month from overseas boyfriends to stay faithful, and sometimes from 4 different guys. I know Thai wives in the states that are screwing my friends, and their husband still maintains that Thai women are the most faithful in the world. Wait until the money gets low. She will be gone in a heartbeat.

I am glad that you have found happiness with the best girl that Thailand has produced. It is just amazing how every expat here has found that perfect beer bar girl, that just started work today, and you were her first, and she loves you so much. I know so many women here as friends that are totally in love until the boyfriend has to go back to his home country for 2 months, and they are butterflying as soon as possible. Girls that are receiving 30,000 baht a month from overseas boyfriends to stay faithful, and sometimes from 4 different guys. I know Thai wives in the states that are screwing my friends, and their husband still maintains that Thai women are the most faithful in the world. Wait until the money gets low. She will be gone in a heartbeat.

I have talked to farangs who tell me their darling Thai girlfriend is faithful because the he is sending her a lot of money. I start laughing, and tell them as their plane is leaving the Bangkok airport so they can go back to farang land to make more money, their darling Thai girlfriend is in bed with someone else.... I make no judgments of good or bad, that is simply how it is, so you have to work with it..

Regarding the astute judgement of a poster above that thinks only bitter and fat farangs come to Thailand, maybe they were not bitter before they came and got fleeced by a Thai girl.. :-)