All thai girls are money hungry women looking for a Falang?

Aussieroaming

IMO, the perception, not just in the western world but in asia also, that a majority of the thai girls married to older westerners are poor, under educated and from a rural background and that such relationships are primarily based on economic needs and not on love alone is not entirely incorrect.

Balanced, thoughtful. Thank you.

plenty of rich thai girls in bkk that wants farangs, so why deal around with poor issan girls..

reverse scamming is the shit..

Not many that want a poor farang though so please explain how this reverse scamming works because I don't really want to get stuck with a ten thou restaurant bill for food that's hardly been touched.

not really reverse scamming but if you dress good,look good,speak thai,decent salary and not a old fart plus 40 its pretty easy..

just do things with the girls the standard thai guy wouldn't do with them..

i have a good example

Thai guy buys a chanel bag for the girl in present you surprise her and take here for white water rafting, for sure she never done that before but the bag she have 30 others back home already..

My wife would prefer the hand bag and accuse me of trying to murder her if I tried to take her rafting. Sounds like you date imaginary very out going Thai women.

My wife likes to go for a ride in my rally car when we're in England, she just says faster and has a big grin on her face!

In a nutshell.. 99.9% Even when they say they love you and don't care about money just try dating one for a week without her asking you for cash for new shoes or a dress. Give it a month and it's the sick parents, 6 months and we're on to the motorbike or car. Anything over a year and they move onto the big stuff like houses and land.

Simply rules to a Westerner / Thai relationship:

1. Buy it a lady drink.

2. Take it home and use it.

3. Pay it.

4. Kick it out

Repeat twice a week for ultimate satisfaction but not with the same one twice and remember to wear that rubber.

I seem to remember having to support my western wife& GFs .... i guess all your friends wives are well to do

Poor soul, you had to support western GFs, WHY. I never did

Everyone is different and i guess i am a poor soul....let see

1. pay rent yes

2. pay food yes

3. pay gas yes

4. pay entertainment yes

When together i always paid and never did they say no i will pay the rent this month....

Unfortunately more than 50% yes. Because more than 50% still comes from poor back grounds. No wonder the focus is on generating assets and assurements for future. In my native country is it easy, Social Security gives you money 'for free' incl pension.

plenty of rich thai girls in bkk that wants farangs, so why deal around with poor issan girls..

Not sure there's tons of actual rich Thai's queuing up to meet farangs but there's certainly plenty of girls who are not poor who are open to dating a farang.

The main reason most Thai girls (whether poor or not so poor) want to date a farang is because Thai guys aren't interested in them or at least Thai guys on a similar educational and economic level and they don't want to date down.

The majority of girls I've come across who are interested in myself and other farangs I know is because they struggle to get a Thai boyfriend of course they mostly don't admit this and say "thai men no good...they cheat, they lie, they steal, they drink, they gamble etc" (no different from most of us then?).

Reasons they can't get a local bf include....

1) The way they look - not necessarily ugly but maybe darker skin / short / pudgy / not the typical Thai perception of beauty - but often still appealing to farang.

2) They are overweight by Thai standards - again doesn't mean fat or obese we can be talking 50kgs here which most Thai's consider very fat yet they can look anything but if they are tall especially compared to Western women who would do anything to be so slim.

3) Single mums - Thai guys will not accept another guys kids.

Not all. I've met plenty who didn't fit into any of the above but seemed to have a thing for farang still, a lot of them had lived abroad for study and work and had maybe had a taste of a life style or man they liked and didn't want to go back to dating local guys for whatever reason.

I think darker skin is more beautiful than lighter skin, although I don't fancy the short, pudgy girls.

• Like 1

Sure but those girls are most likely not looking for foreign guys 10, 20, 30+ years older than they are.

I'm guessing they want someone with common interests they can hang out with and have a good time with...who is most likely attractive in some way and not a fat alcoholic with 3 kids from another marriage.

You have to get in where you fit in.

• Like 1

Not many that want a poor farang though so please explain how this reverse scamming works because I don't really want to get stuck with a ten thou restaurant bill for food that's hardly been touched.

Most of the most attractive Thai girls want a Farang who can take care of them and their families even if they are fat, old, tattooed, and facial haired.

• Like 1

Not sure there's tons of actual rich Thai's queuing up to meet farangs but there's certainly plenty of girls who are not poor who are open to dating a farang.

The main reason most Thai girls (whether poor or not so poor) want to date a farang is because Thai guys aren't interested in them or at least Thai guys on a similar educational and economic level and they don't want to date down.

The majority of girls I've come across who are interested in myself and other farangs I know is because they struggle to get a Thai boyfriend of course they mostly don't admit this and say "thai men no good...they cheat, they lie, they steal, they drink, they gamble etc" (no different from most of us then?).

Reasons they can't get a local bf include....

1) The way they look - not necessarily ugly but maybe darker skin / short / pudgy / not the typical Thai perception of beauty - but often still appealing to farang.

2) They are overweight by Thai standards - again doesn't mean fat or obese we can be talking 50kgs here which most Thai's consider very fat yet they can look anything but if they are tall especially compared to Western women who would do anything to be so slim.

3) Single mums - Thai guys will not accept another guys kids.

Not all. I've met plenty who didn't fit into any of the above but seemed to have a thing for farang still, a lot of them had lived abroad for study and work and had maybe had a taste of a life style or man they liked and didn't want to go back to dating local guys for whatever reason.

Solid rebuttal, Spade. But I think falkan is referring to rich bargirls. You know, those with multiple sponsors and pulling in 200,000 bt/month.

Rich bargirls?????? Why are they working in a bar then?

Any statement that says ALL ... ARE ... is never correct. I thought you would have known this

You're saying that ALL statements that says ALL.. ARE... ARE never correct !

that's what he said why?

Putting in my twopenneth, the foreign residents' perception here is that most Thai women are seeking a foreign husband.

(Let's ignore for the moment the 'Gold Run' Isan girls, some of whom openly state their reason for getting to Bangkok is to 'catch a foreign husband'.)

It does not have much to do with money - it is usually about the ability to leave Thailand for a life in the West, with a residency permit guaranteed by the marriage.

Rich some of them might be (by Thai standards), but the desire to get out of Thailand and live in the West seems shamefully high on their agenda.

I think that's rather sad. Thailand is a delightful country, with much in the way of natural beauty to offer.

Most of the most attractive Thai girls want a Farang who can take care of them and their families even if they are fat, old, tattooed, and facial haired.

Do you seriously believe that? Because I rarely see these "most attractive Thai girls" with a farang, young or old. I'm sorry, but reality is what it is. I wish it wasn't so.

Sure, it happens but to apply this to all Thai women is absolute nonsense. It's not even a topic worth discussing with people as if they believe it they're essentially immune to reality and logical thought. Arguing with fools is a waste of time.

I've found that those who buy into this have very often have a seriously distorted perception of themselves and their own importance (or lack of same). They choose to believe it as it gives their flawed egos an imaginary boost.

• Like 1

Any statement that says ALL ... ARE ... is never correct. I thought you would have known this

You're saying that ALL statements that says ALL.. ARE... ARE never correct !

Whilst Nana Cowboy was technically incorrect (i.e ALL white ducks ARE white), the intent of his statement is valid in that the use of the words ALL and ARE in the context he was highlighting generally imply that a stereotypical view is applied to all particular subjects or objects under discussion.

Stereotypical views are usually gross generalisations, something many/some/all/most/the majority/a few/a couple/more than most/the average/the stereotypical TV member should/would/could/might be/should be........ very familiar with. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

It is true for all thai woman hooking up with a man old enuff to be pa or grand-pa,

same as any other country, but different in the cheer numbers that are willing

to trade quality of life for more dosh, at least temporary.

Edited by poanoi

For the great majority of us expats the lower socio-economic end gf/wife suits our needs just fine. We get a relatively more feminine more accepting, slimmer, younger companion for less than the cost to support a woman back home. For those who would bash our women, consider the reality, many of us are no "prizes" either. What % of us are considered hi-so? thereby relating/deserved of hi-so thai female company?

Much of thai society is indeed "money hungry" so why would anyone not expect many women to not also be money hungry?

What make you think hi-so thai women are less uninteresting than low-so? Well at least one saving grace is the lack of "needing to support" requirement. I personally still prefer Japan or Taiwan/China women to the majority of Thai women (exceptions duly noted) reasons primarily related to the education and ability to critically think in the aforementioned countries.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

Jeez, the vast majority of posts talk about girls as opposed to women...there is a difference guys...and then people go on about different nationalities as though they are cattle. In my experience every one is an individual who should be judged on their merits, or lack of. That includes both men and women.

• Like 1

Strange how you can marry a girl without knowing the financial status of her parents.

When I was married in the USA, I didn't give a thought to the financial status of her parents.

But you must have known if they were rich or poor.

Do you seriously believe that? Because I rarely see these "most attractive Thai girls" with a farang, young or old. I'm sorry, but reality is what it is. I wish it wasn't so.

One of my best mates is fat, ugly, lots of tattoos, facial haired and he gets a good pension from the UK, he always has beautiful girls especially his current one, and he always has lots of money, oh and he likes the bars. Another thing, you referred to me as an ignoramas a few weeks back, I agree with you a lot about Thailand, and I am not a Thai basher, but I still say that in general, the mentality of Thai people is very low, but I believe I stick up for Thailand and it's people more than most.

• Like 2

Sorry to disagree with you. But Beauty comes within...and I am lucky that I have a beautiful wife and have been together for many years that has provided me with knowledge of the culture and also that I have taught her english..(maybe too much). But what a joy it is to wake up to a beautiful smiling, undemanding woman who actually "takes care of me). Be it that Thai massage, clothes laid out for the day, or food prepared in the fridge for me ,whilst she goes to work for a few hours in the day. Or is it because she saves every baht to the bank account and NEVER asks me about my expenditure.

Oh What a joy to wake up, experience laughter about our different cultures, and yet to embrace these as a learning experience. How many hours have I discussd the phillosophy of life in regard to her culture and my own. Wow , she brings me so much pleasure and NEVER a question of money.

So My friendly cynics who do not understand, nor have the wish to grasp the 50/50 relationship of marriage in any culture and come here with a Farang Chauvanistic and hedonistic view of these "poor women: and all that you can do to dominate them in your poor understanding of Asianwomen..THINK AGAIN.. show some respect and try to treat them as people and not just some household and sexual slaves of some kind for money or salaries offered in lieu. They have their pride also and do not wish to be considered as "accepting money for favours or a future"

Well at least most of them....Try and put yourselves in their position...Poverty or farang ...what do I do ........lose your pride in some cases. Thais do not like to lose face....It is so hard for them to find a balance of poverty, loss of face and reality of living.

If you are lucky, you will find someone who is balanced and just wants a good man to spend her years with, in the knowledge that he is comfortably well off. So how is that is so different to a western woman ?????

Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 2

In the topic about living in the West with a Thai wife nearly ever single post talks about how all the Thai women living in the West (besides their wife) are a bunch of gambling, lying, cheating, gossiping villains?

I assume you are not American because the average American can't even find Thailand on a map! Taiwan? Is that in China? Is it close to Shanghai? Tom Cruise went there in Mission Impossible III.

My girlfriend who graduated from the same American university as me had her transcript sent to Bangkok, Taiwan, instead of Bangkok, Thailand - although it did eventually arrive in the real Bangkok! BTW there is no Bangkok, Taiwan, it's just that the administration office had misread Thailand and assumed it was Taiwan. How Taiwan can be more well known than Thailand, particularly when so few foreigners have visited Taiwan compared to Thailand is beyond me. But apparently some Americans do confuse Taiwan with Thailand.

The divorce rate in America zoomed up when women became economically independent. Let that happen here and you will not see a 60 yr old farang / Falang holding hands with a young girl. There are exceptions.

Sorry to disagree with you. But Beauty comes within...and I am lucky that I have a beautiful wife and have been together for many years that have provided me with knowledge of the culture and also that I have taught her english..(maybe too much). But what a joy it is to wake up to a beautiful smiling, undemanding woman who actually "takes care of me). Be it that Thai massage, clothes laid out for the day, or food prepared in the fridge for me ,whilst she goes to work for a few hours in the day. Or is it because she saves every baht to the bank account and NEVER asks me about my expenditure.

Oh What a joy to wake up, experience laughter about our different cultures, and yet to embrace these as a learning experience. How many hours have I discussd the phillosophy of life in regard to her culture and my own. Wow , she brings me so much pleasure and NEVER a question of money.

So My friendly cynics who do not understand, nor have the wish to grasp the 50/50 relationship of marriage and come here with a Farang Chauvanistic and hedonistic view of these "poor women: and all that you can do to dominate them in your poor understanding of Asianwomen..THINK AGAIN.. show some respect and try to treat thema as people and not just some household and sexual slaves of some kind.

Very good post Raindancer, your wife sounds very similar to mine, and long may it continue for both of us. But surely you must have seen plenty of fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired Farangs with beautiful young Thai girls. don't tell me that these girls would look twice at those Farangs if they were not rich. I do not believe for one minute that any attractive girl of any nationality would go with those men if all they had was their state pension.

• Like 2