List of Yellow book benefits

Unless you're talking about a condo the electricity bill will NOT be in your name, but in the name of the owner of the land. Because you use the bill for immigration issues, doesn't mean your name is anywhere on it. I suggest you have your wife reading the name that's on the bill.

Dtac is not a public utility.Posted Image

I'm not talking about a condo, it is a house on property owned by my wife and I don't need my wife to read it to me as my name is in English on the bill.

The one thing i have learned about Thailand is that just because they may not do it in one area does not mean they won't somewhere else.

And I don't appreciate being called a liar......

You must be the first one in Thailand who has his name printed in English on the bill straight from the PEA.

And I didn't call you a liar, I suggested that you were confused.

The word NOT in upper case suggested otherwise.......

I'm not sure how you can make such a statement that I'm the first, you know every farang in Thailand?

And just to confirm this I'm willing to send you a scanned copy of a bill under 2 conditions. 1) you do not repost or forward it to anyone else and 2) you apologize for saying I was "confused"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're talking about a condo the electricity bill will NOT be in your name, but in the name of the owner of the land. Because you use the bill for immigration issues, doesn't mean your name is anywhere on it. I suggest you have your wife reading the name that's on the bill.

Dtac is not a public utility.smile.png

I'm not talking about a condo, it is a house on property owned by my wife and I don't need my wife to read it to me as my name is in English on the bill.

The one thing i have learned about Thailand is that just because they may not do it in one area does not mean they won't somewhere else.

You must be the first one in Thailand who has his name printed in English on the bill straight from the PEA.

I'm not sure how you can make such a statement that I'm the first, you know every farang in Thailand?

And just to confirm this I'm willing to send you a scanned copy of a bill under 2 conditions. 1) you do not repost or forward it to anyone else and 2) you apologize for saying I was "confused"

Agreed, I look forward to your PM.

I have found that having a yellow book makes the Thai person you are dealing with more comfortable in doing the transaction.

In some cases when offered both the passbook and yellow book they took the yellow book for processing. I'm sure that

it doesn't mean yes or no in doing what you want to have done, but as with the policeman who stops you it is always wise

to make him comfortable in dealing with you.

• Like 1

jbrain, PM sent

I have 2 friends with yellow books. One who lives in Prachuap Khiri Khan province and one who lives in Petchaburi province. In PKK he had to jump thru numerous hoops and kiss numerous a$$es to get his yellow book, as the fellow in Petchaburi got his in about 15 mins at the Ampur office.

Neither one of them says they use them for anything, but if I could get one in a 15 min visit I would get one as well, but that is not the case for me.

Edited by CDNinKS

Dtac is not a public utility.smile.png

I have received a copy of CDNinks' electricty bill, and indeed his name is printed on it in English.

If he indeed doesn't have a yellow book,for which I have no reason not to believe him, than indeed it's possible to have your name on the bill without having your own Tabien Baan, and I owe him an apology for calling him confused.

In Pattaya this isn't possible without yellow tabien baan, even with the building license in foreigner name, as I tried it and was refused

From the other side it was possible for me to receive the yellow book by just having a formal interview and without even providing the required documents from the Thai ministry of interior or a letter of my Emabassy etc..

So as usual in Thailand what is ok in one place is verboten in another. Jbrain can't get the electric meter without a yellow book, but can easily get the yellow book. I can get the meter in my name but a yellow book is a huge deal and that is why I never got one.

To all smile.png . The ''key'' to getting a yellow book is your local head man. Find out who it is, go see him and take a bottle of whiskey with you, ask him nicely to accompany you and the mrs to your local amphur office to get it. Then give him 1000bht for his trouble. thumbsup.gif

To all smile.png . The ''key'' to getting a yellow book is your local head man. Find out who it is, go see him and take a bottle of whiskey with you, ask him nicely to accompany you and the mrs to your local amphur office to get it. Then give him 1000bht for his trouble. thumbsup.gif

Heck, for a bottle of whiskey and 1000 baht I'll go along too.laugh.png

I just sat for 2.5 hrs to get my Yellow book & payed 300bt for it My wife the village head man & a school teacher came along to help I gave them 200bt each for their troubles That was all the costs for today apart from 12 p/p size photos & photo coppying & a trip to immagration on my 90 day visit parted with 500bt & 2 pic's they gave me all the paperwork needed from them I now have my yellow book biggrin.pngwai.gifclap2.gif

I just sat for 2.5 hrs to get my Yellow book & payed 300bt for it My wife the village head man & a school teacher came along to help I gave them 200bt each for their troubles That was all the costs for today apart from 12 p/p size photos & photo coppying & a trip to immagration on my 90 day visit parted with 500bt & 2 pic's they gave me all the paperwork needed from them I now have my yellow book biggrin.pngwai.gifclap2.gif

Where was this?

Did pretty much the same at Mae Rim,arrived with an entourage of locals,handed in all requested paperwork.Would not accept any translated paperwork because it was not translated at my Embassy,a service Embassies do not offer.So returned with printed e-mail from Embassy that they do not do translations.Bad luck p-ss off white man.

Try have the document certified by the embassy, than translated by an agency and then certified by the Thai foreign ministry. That would be the correct procedure and should be accpeted. if not, contact DOPA, the department of Provincial Administration.

• Like 1

You still report, yellow book or not.

Sorry Mario,

Not talking about farang reporting but the household in which you stay or is there no need for that.

Yes, I understood that. Yellow book or not, the pressence of a foreigner must still be reported.

Did pretty much the same at Mae Rim,arrived with an entourage of locals,handed in all requested paperwork.Would not accept any translated paperwork because it was not translated at my Embassy,a service Embassies do not offer.So returned with printed e-mail from Embassy that they do not do translations.Bad luck p-ss off white man.

Just goes to show each Amphur has a different approach. I obtained the Yellow Book from Nong Prue Amphur that did not require translation of any documentation. I showed them the 'O' visa with marriage extention in my passport that they photocopied and had to sign a number of forms. Wife had to provide her Blue Book showing the same address. The application required sign off from some senior guy and I collected the Yellow Book three weeks later.

Hospital. There are a series of numbers in your yellow book top of the first page. four numbers, dash, six numbers, if the six numbers begin with 5 or 6 you are in luck, if it is 0, you are stuffed.

transam.

Mine is x096-11xxxx-7, any idea if I am stuffed too? so to speak.

Regards BW.

I just sat for 2.5 hrs to get my Yellow book & payed 300bt for it My wife the village head man & a school teacher came along to help I gave them 200bt each for their troubles That was all the costs for today apart from 12 p/p size photos & photo coppying & a trip to immagration on my 90 day visit parted with 500bt & 2 pic's they gave me all the paperwork needed from them I now have my yellow book 20x20xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77 width=20 alt=biggrin.png> wai.gif width=20 alt=wai.gif> clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif width=31 alt=clap2.gif>

Just goes to show each Amphur has a different approach. I obtained the Yellow Book from Nong Prue Amphur that did not require translation of any documentation. I showed them the 'O' visa with marriage extention in my passport that they photocopied and had to sign a number of forms. Wife had to provide her Blue Book showing the same address. The application required sign off from some senior guy and I collected the Yellow Book three weeks later.

Sorry should read retirement extension, to much hasstle to get marriage extension

The issuance of a Yellow Tabien Baan is free.. any money that changes hands is for the clerks pocket. The attendance of the PYB is mandatory, always make an appointment beforehand as just turning up tends to annoy the staff.

totster :)

• Like 1

I got mine in 30mins, no translations, no witness's and certainly no pyb! and it was totally free. Just copies of passport visa extention pages etc, very very easy.

Well, it ain't totally free...there is a small fee of around Bt50 or something in that ballpark...I can remember the exact cost of my yellow book but there was a small issue fee. Most documents you get at district offices like ID cards, House Registration book like the Blue/Yellow Book do have a small admin issue fee.

I got mine in 30mins, no translations, no witness's and certainly no pyb! and it was totally free. Just copies of passport visa extention pages etc, very very easy.

Well, it ain't totally free...there is a small fee of around Bt50 or something in that ballpark...I can remember the exact cost of my yellow book but there was a small issue fee. Most documents you get at district offices like ID cards, House Registration book like the Blue/Yellow Book do have a small admin issue fee.

No where I live it was FREE! NO tea money involved

This was my experience also

totster :)

No tea money involved for me either; just the small issue fee of around Bt50. Took approx. 45 minutes to get...the guy issuing the book was s.....l......o......w.
  • Like 1

I have never seen anyone going in to banglamung bribing the staff with whiskey. Why not just get the required paperwork and pay the very small fee? If i was a official i would be insulted and run you out.

I have never seen anyone going in to banglamung bribing the staff with whiskey. Why not just get the required paperwork and pay the very small fee? If i was a official i would be insulted and run you out.

You give the Head man controlling your AREA a drink. rolleyes.gif

I am a Tourist Police Voluteer in my area, the Police wrote a letter saying who l am and where l live. They said FO and talk to your head man for your area sad.png . I did, he didn't know me but was happy to go to the Amphur and say who l was rolleyes.gif .