Courteous and transparent FXS where?

I just came from exchanging a not insubstantial amount of fiat currency banknotes for another variation (THB)

The rate at this private booth on Silom was better than the bank but the sour and non-transparent service was appalling. His attitude seemed to be 'What you don't trust us? What sort of fussy demanding guy are you?

All I expected was that he count the money in front of me and slowly. He instead did it where I could not see, multiple times but so fast I could not count with him and apparently with only his security and comfort in mind. Here and at banks when I count it out so they can verify the total with me. for an egalitarian consensual straightforward businesslike transaction they do in on a sneaky, NOT win-win situation inconsiderate wsy that astounds me how they can stay on business. Why do Thais put up with this? Mh guess is that there is a vultural subtext slways gojng on about status snd power.

Anyway I continue to look for sn FXS dealer that suits my expectations for what I consider professional standards.

Most irritating of all consistently when I do count it out in front of them they look the ither way as if to say 'Not our problem, we've got your money, we've given you your receipt and if you don't like the total - tough luck'

And they never ask what denomination bills I would prefer. It is as if they don't want a customer, just a customer. Perhaps this is a 'Land of Frowns' Bangkok ofdity rather than a Thai thing. I must try to remember if I get the same procedure all over Asia.