Newin Chidchob agrees deal to host Super GT series in Buriram

webfact

Newin Chidchob agrees deal to host Super GT series in Buriram
By Coconuts Bangkok

race_buriram.jpg

BURIRAM: -- Newin Chidchob, who is the president of Thai Premier League club Buriram United, plans to build a racetrack on 1,000 rai of land next to his club’s I-Mobile football stadium.

Buriram United International Circuit (Bric) will host Japan’s Super GT series once it is complete in October next year.

Bric will be the country’s largest racetrack [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/08/13/newin-chidchob-agrees-deal-host-super-gt-series-buriram

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-08-13

Has this circuit been designed to accommodate the F1? Certainly a great boost for Burriram and will make my visits to the village more interesting when the is racing on.

No F1, but has a chance of MotoGP in 2015

Representatives of a new track called the Buriram International circuit (BRIC) around 250 miles north of Bangkok flew to Mugello recently for further talks with Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta.

He was updated on progress of the new track, which has been designed by world renowned circuit designer Hermann Tilke, who created the Circuit of the Americas, Sepang and Istanbul Park.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2013/June/jun2113-thailand-eyeing-motogp-race/

The earthworks at the track were proceeding well when I drove past a week ago . F2? That's great. More fun than F1. Not too far away, but thankfully out of noise range. I'll buy a membership if anyone can tell me how. Would be a good day's outing when it opens.

cant stand the man.. Him and his wife are all about me me me... Oh and F1 dont make me laugh... you saw the state of the Hotels here..

Agree, the F1 crowd would not like the current accommodations that Buriram offers. Buriram may be able to attract the caliber of race fans like NASCAR.