Canadian arrested in Patong for theft of B100,000 from Chiang Rai hotel

webfact

Guess what, I am not a fan of internet spying, and certainly not for the alleged theft of 100k baht.

Wouldn't exactly call looking at somebodies Facebook page (if it was open to access) internet spying................wink.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG i know this guy, a month back outside my restaurant i was doing a U turn into my restaurant and he sided my harley knocking me over, i went off at him, he was with a female canadian passenger who was bleeding badly so i tried to forget about the actual accident and offered some first aid but they both denied and said they were running late for a flight for her to catch, few days later i see him in my restaurant asking for bit of money to fix his bike, told him to hand over his bike and if he didn't comply i would force him to do so, he apologized and ran out within seconds and never heard from him again.. How ironic hahaha too funny..

• Like 2

Farangs all the times are cheating farangs. Never been cheated once by a Thai.

I do was once cheated by a Thai (share transfer) but found out that my partner paid him money to get control of the company. Ended up in jail for the night until the next day some Thai's had to solve the issue with that farang. Sold my shares on the same day as I don't like to be partnering with alcoholics and wife beaters.

I have been dealing with hotels in Thailand for the last 23 years and never had a problem with one hotel of getting paid. The minimum requirement however is that they should be a member of the THA and have at least 100 rooms.

I would think the alleged victim would have paid a few baht for this police response.

What do you base that on?

It's well known that if you want the police here to actually do their job, you have to make it worth their while.

The victim seemed to get a good police response, so, I am thinking he must have "rewarded" them quite well.

They will all have a lot of "tea" to drink now. smile.pngsmile.png

Again hiding behind others with 'it is well known'.

Not my expereince BTW, if you want something from the unofficial police, yes, you pay, but if you come to the police with real information they will act.

Yes they will act, then call you the next day saying that it took 12 officers to arrest the guy and could you pay 4,000 Baht? At least that was my experience when I had a motorbike stolen years ago. I told him pang! He said okay 2,000 Baht...

I would think it was the location embedded within the digital images themselves that gave his real location.

How does that work then? I understand that digital cameras record metadata that would give the date and time, but I can't see how location would be added. Or are you suggesting it is added when it is uploaded to certain social media websites? I'd be interested to know.

I would think it was the location embedded within the digital images themselves that gave his real location.

How does that work then? I understand that digital cameras record metadata that would give the date and time, but I can't see how location would be added. Or are you suggesting it is added when it is uploaded to certain social media websites? I'd be interested to know.

Welcome to the world of Facebook and similar social media sites.

If you have a smartphone (or iPad or tablet, etc.) with GPS (a common feature now), it automatically gives your location when you post, for example on Facebook. The feature can be turned off, but most people like to flaunt their location. This genius (if on the lam) evidently forgot to turn his off.

Dave's GPS device location give-away on his Facebook page...

post-108400-0-71314100-1376909864_thumb.

His friend, Gusev, is probably having second thoughts about Dave including him in the post.

Live and learn.....

Edited by Fookhaht

Let me add something....

He never worked for a hotel, he was teaching English in Chiang Mai. His girlfriend was from Chiang Rai. There quite possibly is a connection there, wouldn't be surprised if he got angry at his girlfriend, took cash and went to Patong to blow it on the ladies.

who did his girlfriend work for in Chiang Rai?

Something about the warm weather and these Snap Frozen Yanks

Hum... Now a Canadian is a Yank? You really should have studied a bit more in school, me thinks...

Maybe the moniker is a derivation of the original. Certainly "snap frozen...." rings a bell. thumbsup.gif

If i was the Canadian consulate, I would challenge his passport.blink.png

Id find some way of denying that he's a Canadian!

hell I want to deny him as a farang!blink.png

thru facebook!!!?? Are you fricken kidding me?

GOOD GOD MAN. HAVE SOME PRIDE!

Let me add something....

He never worked for a hotel, he was teaching English in Chiang Mai. His girlfriend was from Chiang Rai. There quite possibly is a connection there, wouldn't be surprised if he got angry at his girlfriend, took cash and went to Patong to blow it on the ladies.

Careful. Slander and libel laws in Thailand are draconian and far reaching--even to the most innocuous-sounding insults and conjectures! ermm.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

I would think the alleged victim would have paid a few baht for this police response.

It's well known that if you want the police here to actually do their job, you have to make it worth their while.

The victim seemed to get a good police response, so, I am thinking he must have "rewarded" them quite well.

Not my expereince BTW, if you want something from the unofficial police, yes, you pay, but if you come to the police with real information they will act.

Not hiding behind anyone. It's a well known fact. Ahhh, ignorance is bliss. :)

Well it is plenty of people's experience buddy. Are you for real? The BiB only move and act when it suits them, fullstop. You are dreaming if you think otherwise. If you had a good experience, good for you, but the only reason they will do something is because 1. They have to (instruction from higher up) 2. They want to (it is personal) 3. It is worthwhile.

• Like 1

Well it is plenty of people's experience buddy. Are you for real? The BiB only move and act when it suits them, fullstop. You are dreaming if you think otherwise. If you had a good experience, good for you, but the only reason they will do something is because 1. They have to (instruction from higher up) 2. They want to (it is personal) 3. It is worthwhile.

Disagree with you mate, and I am not your buddy.

Officers tracked down Mr Sundstrom after a 58-year-old British man named by police only as “Mr Anthony” presented an arrest warrant for the Canadian along with proof he had been staying in Phuket’s top party town.

​Sad that he cam't press the like button for a while.-w00t.gif

I wondering how the press were quick enough to get a photo while he was still on his bike. Do the police bring the media along on busts now?

Oh, and on behalf of Canada, I apologize. Something must have happened in quality control.

Please have a box of Timbits and 10 bucks in Canadian Tire money as a peace offering eh.

Maybe the photo was taken by the police and then given, or sold, to the media.

He alledgedly took the money a year ago and a warrent was not issued until last June????

He (Mr Anthoney) came all the way to finger him in person ,and brought the press for 100k baht. Only $3186.50 US over a year later. No questioning just arrest. This seems vendeta. Perhaps Briton Mr. Anthoney had a new baby that came out on the happy day saying "Nice Day Aye" How about a Moosehead" and he became supicious of his new borns heritage.

Whatever the truth is there seems much more going on in the background. Some folks are nuts though

Edited by Sailingbum1

I don't know this guy at all, but I am shocked by the number of people who are prepared to condemn him based on a news story.. he could be totally innocent.

I here that. Something is up here ayears delay before the warrent only 3186.50 US