non immigrant visa if i own a condo?

Some honorary Thai consulates will issue a multiple entry non-o visa for owning a condo that would allow 90 day entries for a year.

Nearest one is possibly Brisbane Australia.

Ownership book should be enough but asking consulate would be a good idea.

If you paid 10 million baht or more for it you can get extensions from immigration under the clause of the police order for investments.

Edited by ubonjoe

You are not getting a Non-Im for owning a condo, but you can get a one-time Non-Im O for buying a condo. To buy a condo you may NOT be staying here on a tourist visa! Anybody telling you a tourist visa is enough wants to take advantage of you, i.e. he/she wants your money!

Better go to Immigration and ask specifically for the conditions to get a Non-Im Visa for the purpose of buying a condo. I know that is possible, but due to lack of Bahts I don't know the details...

If you are over 50 years AND own a condo, then you can get Non-Im visas, provided you can oblige with the other conditions attached. You even can get a Non-Im without a condo, if the other conditions are met.

SamM.

Of course you can get a visa for owning a condo. It must be bought from new and cost more than 10 million Baht. It's a non-immigrant B visa of the type commonly known as an "investment visa".

Don't forget that if you want to use the Non-O visa based on investment for buying a condo, The condo has to be bought via a government excepted real estate agency.

So you can not buy a condo from a friend and apply for the investment visa or extension.

Of course you can get a visa for owning a condo. It must be bought from new and cost more than 10 million Baht. It's a non-immigrant B visa of the type commonly known as an "investment visa".

Don't forget that if you want to use the Non-O visa based on investment for buying a condo, The condo has to be bought via a government excepted real estate agency.

So you can not buy a condo from a friend and apply for the investment visa or extension.

You might want to check your facts. It's a non-Imm B visa that you get, not O. And you don't buy it through a real estate agency, but direct from the developer, which is why I wrote "must be bought from new".

Correct - you can buy a condo on a tourist visa or even if you are not in the country. I have had my condo for 2 years, I selected it and signed the purchase contract while on a tourist visa - final settlement was catually made while I was out of the country. I also know at least two others who have done the same - no problems.

• Like 2

A Thai friend, who has hotels, apartments and builds many condos was having a hard time back in 1997 when the economy crashed. At the time there were around 247 uncompleted high rise projects uncompleted or suspended. I persuaded her to use her Government connections to introduce this type of investment based visa for owning one of more condos. Actually this was aimed at foreigners and was any number of condos, the total of which exceed B10million, not one condo at B10 Million. Her deal as I recall was buy 6 condos at B10Million and get visa for a 1 year stay. These were Niran Residences, Bangkok and Pattaya. Foreigners bought them as an investment and then rented them out. She is now very rich and has built a 29 story luxury apartment on Srinakarin rd opposite Seacon Square.

I suspect that the "visa for owning a condo" being discussed was in fact the Non O for "visiting friends", an option that was dropped several years ago.

The investment visa (extension?) is a completely different issue. It jumped from 3 mil to 10 mil roughly 9 years ago.

You might want to check your facts. It's a non-Imm B visa that you get, not O. And you don't buy it through a real estate agency, but direct from the developer, which is why I wrote "must be bought from new".

sorry my mistake as it should be a government recognized developer and not from somebody who just builds something.

I suspect that the "visa for owning a condo" being discussed was in fact the Non O for "visiting friends", an option that was dropped several years ago.The investment visa (extension?) is a completely different issue. It jumped from 3 mil to 10 mil roughly 9 years ago.

It was never done as visiting friends and is still available.

Actually they eliminated the 3 mil clause for a condo only and kept the 10 mil condo and/or other investment clause.

I have a Non O Multiple entry with one year validity which I got first time when I showed my Land Lease agreement and e few weeks back for just showing my Chanote for my new Condo in BKK which was below 10 mio Baht. A sales contract would do also. It was given by the Honorary Consulate in Essen in Germany. It is not uncommon practice as you do invest money in the kingdom. I am below 50 of ageand single. Phone with consulate before going there makes sense.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-%28for-Business-and.html

4. One Stop Service Centre for Visas and Work Permits
4.1 The One Stop Service Centre for Visas and Work Permits was established on 1 July 1997 by authority of the Regulations of the Office of Prime Minister promulgated on 30 June 1997. The objective of this centre is to simplify visa extension and permit issuance procedures to create a good investment environment. It aims to facilitate applications of visa extension and work permits (e.g., stay permission, re-entry permit, work permit). The Centre is located on Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18, Phatumwan, Bangkok.

4.2 Foreigners who are eligible to apply for visa extension and work permits at the One Stop Service Centre are:
(1) Foreigner who is an executive or expert with privileges accorded to them by the following laws:
- Investment Promotion Act B.E. 2520 (1977)
- Petroleum Act B.E. 2514 (1971)
- Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
(2) Foreigner who is an investor.
- If investing not less than 2 million Baht, he or she will be granted a 1 year permit.
- If investing not less than 10 million Baht, he or she will be granted a 2 year permit.

(3) Foreigner who is an executive or expert.
- Foreigner’s associated company should be registered with
capital or possess asset of not less than 30 million Baht.
(4) Foreigner who is member of the foreign press must present a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a copy of an ID Press Card issued by the Department of Public Relations.
(5) Foreigner who is a researcher or developer on science and technology.
(6) Foreigner who is employed in a branch office of an overseas bank, foreign banking office of an overseas bank, provincial foreign banking office of an overseas bank or a representative office of foreign bank in which all offices are certified by the Bank of Thailand.
(7) Foreigner who works on the necessary and urgent basis for a period of no longer than 15 days.
(8) Foreigner who is an official of the representative office for foreign juristic persons concerning the International Trading Business and Regional Office of Transnational Corporation in accordance to the Foreign Business Act B.E. 2542 (1999).
(9) Foreigner who is an expert on information technology.
(10) Foreigner who works at regional operating headquarters.

i never knew this. invest 2M baht get a 1 year visa right? bonds or bank time deposits qualify or just condo ownership?

The 10 million baht investment visa was discontinued, no such thing exists any more.

Incorrect, The 10 million baht investment extension till exists, only the 2 million baht is not given anymore.

And they only give a 1 year extension at the time. ( i did not hear that other immigration offices give longer extensions )

Edited by merijn

Extension and visa are not the same thing. Immigration now has authority to issue new extensions of stay for 10 million baht investments and maintains such for those in the previous BOI One Stop system.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It says so, but the rules for an extension of stay for investment state otherwise.

The 2 million investement is probably under the BOI authority, but in practise not issued anymore.

What are the chances of just a 3 month [eg. NON-Imm O] visa with 2.5 million baht in the bank?

Does show one can support themselves for a 3 month period quite comfortably!!