upcoming toyota hilux vigo

shariq607

Outdated diesels? Haha, they are Euro compliant common rail units the same you will find in European market cars.

Latest diesels are euro 5.

I said "much more car like". It's a pickup, it's never going to be the same as a car. Unless of course you are talking of some of the cheaper cars then the pickups actually ride better.

They are not like New Diesels. Common Rail means Jack Shit in the Silence Dept. Listen to a 5 Pot Volvo.Sweet.!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis the load that separates the pick-up you need and the pick-up you want. Up country my old Mitsubishi has to work hard. Back in Pattaya it can sit for weeks at a time. I wouldn't fancy one of the new 4 door's, from any company, would be at home with 15 bags of fertilizer on the back!

What are the differences then? That make so much quieter and better?

Superior engineering. Which costs whistling.gif . Open the hood of a Merc diesel, you will hear the difference. smile.png

Funny you should mention that Transam, just stand by a new BM 5 Diesel and it doesnt sound awfull, stand by a BM X Tuna Lookalike and it clacks,same as a truck.This is a Statement,not a Question,my Mates just bought one.O.K inside,no noise,but i coldnt live with that noise,its like Chalk on a Blacboard a Diesel starting up to me.Same Engine or not.?coffee1.gif

Superior engineering. Which costs whistling.gif . Open the hood of a Merc diesel, you will hear the difference. smile.png

Funny you should mention that Transam, just stand by a new BM 5 Diesel and it doesnt sound awfull, stand by a BM X Tuna Lookalike and it clacks,same as a truck.This is a Statement,not a Question,my Mates just bought one.O.K inside,no noise,but i coldnt live with that noise,its like Chalk on a Blacboard a Diesel starting up to me.Same Engine or not.?coffee1.gif

One would expect it to be a lot quieter given that the BM is how many million baht more.

The benefits of substantially better economy and much more torque from the diesel are far greater than the pain to my ears for me.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

The benefits of substantially better economy and much more torque from the diesel are far greater than the pain to my ears for me.thumbsup.gif

Better Economy?,my Civic does more KPL than a Nissan Truck. Most ferangs buy Trucks for their Thai Families benefit,not theirs,a Honda City/Swift type ting is all most need here,and eventually buy.cheesy.gif

Better Economy?,my Civic does more KPL than a Nissan Truck. Most ferangs buy Trucks for their Thai Families benefit,not theirs,a Honda City/Swift type ting is all most need here,and eventually buy.cheesy.gif

Better economy?

Sure, my diesel car does more KPL than your petrol Civic. In addition to that I think the Civic 2.0 litre I just sold should have won a friends of OPEC award.

Better economy?

Sure, my diesel car does more KPL than your petrol Civic. In addition to that I think the Civic 2.0 litre I just sold should have won a friends of OPEC award.

New Civc 1.8 on E85 !.A Diesel Car here with a 1.8 Litre ive never seen,only in Europe..

Better economy?

New Civc 1.8 on E85 !.A Diesel Car here with a 1.8 Litre ive never seen,only in Europe..

I don't think I said I have a 1.8 diesel Civic Ace?

What KPL does the Civic get, and what kind of fuel?

I've just done 125 clicks on urban highway with Econ turned On, using E85,and its returned 18.6.KPL...can't do that much in the Trailblazer.thumbsup.gif

I've just done 125 clicks on urban highway with Econ turned On, using E85,and its returned 18.6.KPL...can't do that much in the Trailblazer.thumbsup.gif

Hh, so you trust the gage? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Most ferangs buy Trucks for their Thai Families benefit,not theirs,a Honda City/Swift type ting is all most need here,and eventually buy.cheesy.gif

I'm not sure where you live in Thailand, but I assure you that your Honda City type thing wouldn't last long on the roads round where I live..

totster smile.png

Most ferangs buy Trucks for their Thai Families benefit,not theirs,a Honda City/Swift type ting is all most need here,and eventually buy.cheesy.gif

I'm not sure where you live in Thailand, but I assure you that your Honda City type thing wouldn't last long on the roads round where I live..

totster smile.png

Just Move out the Jungle,the roads are quite nice.no Off Roader Required,unless you like to play Tractors n Farmers.thumbsup.gif

totster smile.png

Just Move out the Jungle,the roads are quite nice.no Off Roader Required,unless you like to play Tractors n Farmers.thumbsup.gif

Try the roads where I live. I would never own a saloon UNLESS I liked cruising around at 20mph spotting the holes.

Better Economy?,my Civic does more KPL than a Nissan Truck. Most ferangs buy Trucks for their Thai Families benefit,not theirs,a Honda City/Swift type ting is all most need here,and eventually buy.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif width=32 alt=cheesy.gif>

I've just done 125 clicks on urban highway with Econ turned On, using E85,and its returned 18.6.KPL...can't do that much in the Trailblazer.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

Hh, so you trust the gage? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif width=32 alt=cheesy.gif>

Well,the T/Blazer, Benz, and the new Accord give me no reason to doubt accuracy because when you fill up, it shows up.Unless they give a Free Drop to Civic users. Nah, its rather good on fuel for its class. At my age i dont give a Rats Ass anyway.cheesy.gif .

totster smile.png

Try the roads where I live. I would never own a saloon UNLESS I liked cruising around at 20mph spotting the

I hear Somalia is a Bit Bumpy. Range / Land Cruiser build Quality needed there, not Car based Trucks. Oh Sorry,Ferangs here think they are.Like Soggy Rangers."Boing Boing. Phuut".cheesy.gif

So basically you want me to move out of the village where i have built my house, just so I can buy a flimsy small saloon car ? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

totster rolleyes.gif

That's right. Everyone should move away from the countryside to where the roads are perfect and buy an Accord.

It's obvious isn't it? Who would want to be seen dead in 800k 3 litre turbo diesel pickups when you all should be driving 1.5 mill Honda sedans with the Eco switch on?

It's worth it for the sound.

• Like 1

That's right. Everyone should move away from the countryside to where the roads are perfect and buy an Accord.

It's obvious isn't it? Who would want to be seen dead in 800k 3 litre turbo diesel pickups when you all should be driving 1.5 mill Honda sedans with the Eco switch on?

Those Honda's wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding in normal mode, let alone in ECO mode. My wife has had 3 Jazz's and a 2.0 2012 Civic, I had a 2.4 Accord for a week which I hated with a passion, and I have always been unpleasantly surprised at the amount of fuel they used.

However in my view these local diesel trucks are very light on fuel, offer a great view in traffic and have very good resale. I always have one as well as a car as they're just plain useful. When the new Vigo is available I'll try and get one as soon as it's available.

I had a 3.2 Ranger, which I liked, but it used 10 litres more diesel than my friends new Fortuner between Hua Hin and Krabi when we travelled down there together.

Real world fuel consumption is what it's all about as one poster has shown with accurate details over the total mileage of his vehicle.

AOP"s example of a 125 km highway journey is not an accurate real world result. If I did that with my 320d it would achieve 60+ MPG (Imp). However in the real world it has averaged 43 MPG (Imp) during the last 5,000 kms of mixed used highway and Bangkok traffic.

However each to their own I guess.

All the while not being concerned about the economics...

Wow, that’s exactly the same as the EPA 44 MPG highway the Civic Hybrid gets in the US burning regular unleaded.

Coincidence? rolleyes.gif

The base 1.8 Civic gets EPA 22-29 city and 31-41 highway burning regular unleaded.

Wow, that’s exactly the same as the EPA 44 MPG highway the Civic Hybrid gets in the US burning regular unleaded.

Coincidence? rolleyes.gif

The base 1.8 Civic gets EPA 22-29 city and 31-41 highway burning regular unleaded.

And we all know that real world figures don't match EPA figures don't we?

And we all know that real world figures don't match EPA figures don't we?

Indeed we do, but with the spread in the case of the base 1.6 Civic, I think it is reasonable.

My '89 Festiva LX got 35 MPG combined. I drove it for 150K miles and replaced the battery once, the timing belt once, the front brake pads twice, and the tires a few times. It was a year-old rental I paid $4K for. I drove it for five years and sold it for $1,500. That was a cheap car to drive.

It had 12" tires. When you see a tire ad in the US for $12.99 each, it was for the Festiva. I got a set of four mounted from Pep Boys once for under $60. Took the old ones with me to avoid the disposal fee....