upcoming toyota hilux vigo

shariq607

Yep, just having fun. I like the Ranger a lot and had one too, a 3.2. Spoonman kindly found somebody that wanted it and I am back with a Vigo which is about the 5th one now.

In reality, they're all very good. If you took the best features from all of them and put them into one truck, you'd have a cracker, although it would then be too expensive for the market.

Is that cracker called a VW Amarok ??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, just having fun. I like the Ranger a lot and had one too, a 3.2. Spoonman kindly found somebody that wanted it and I am back with a Vigo which is about the 5th one now.

In reality, they're all very good. If you took the best features from all of them and put them into one truck, you'd have a cracker, although it would then be too expensive for the market.

I believe you sold yours due to fuel consumption?

Yes I agree they all got their pros and cons.

As long as you are happy with your truck that is all that matters.

It's funny here in the village we got a Toyota Farang clan (Transam's buddies, ha-ha) and they asked me when I bought a City (used) why didn't you buy a Viros? I told them that a city is way better than a viros in all regards, it drives better, the engine is better and so on. Since then I was never invited to BBQ's at their houses anymore. Well that's fine with me they are a bunch of wxxxxxx anyway and now I don't have to come up with bad excuses why I can't attend.

If the new Hilux is very good I will maybe buy one in 4-5 years time when it's time to part with the Ranger but until then I will enjoy it (now hold on a minute, if the wxxxxxx starts to invite me to BBQ's again I better not buy a Hilux, hmm, OK got it, I can just put a T-Max sticker on the back and they wouldn't know the difference and leave me alone, so I am good to go, LOL).

It's funny here in the village we got a Toyota Farang clan (Transam's buddies, ha-ha) and they asked me when I bought a City (used) why didn't you buy a Viros? I told them that a city is way better than a viros in all regards, it drives better, the engine is better and so on. Since then I was never invited to BBQ's at their houses anymore. Well that's fine with me they are a bunch of wxxxxxx anyway and now I don't have to come up with bad excuses why I can't attend.

If the new Hilux is very good I will maybe buy one in 4-5 years time when it's time to part with the Ranger but until then I will enjoy it (now hold on a minute, if the wxxxxxx starts to invite me to BBQ's again I better not buy a Hilux, hmm, OK got it, I can just put a T-Max sticker on the back and they wouldn't know the difference and leave me alone, so I am good to go, LOL).

I'm guessing the lack of invites is due to something else...

totster smile.png

With a bit more grunt it just may well be!

No I didn't sell the Ford because of the fuel consumption. Actually, I had two and sold the first one with some profit very early on. The second one, I sold after about 12,000 kms and got my money back. I don't think you could achieve that now.

The 3.2 has quite reasonable power and I guess I was heavy on the gas all the time, as I am with all my vehicles! There is no question in my mind that the Vigo/Fortuner 3.0 is more economical than the 3.2 Ford though and not a lot different in power during every day driving. The Ford was way better in the top end though. It could actually skip along quite well.biggrin.png

No I didn't sell the Ford because of the fuel consumption. Actually, I had two and sold the first one with some profit very early on. The second one, I sold after about 12,000 kms and got my money back. I don't think you could achieve that now.

The 3.2 has quite reasonable power and I guess I was heavy on the gas all the time, as I am with all my vehicles! There is no question in my mind that the Vigo/Fortuner 3.0 is more economical than the 3.2 Ford though and not a lot different in power during every day driving. The Ford was way better in the top end though. It could actually skip along quite well.biggrin.png

All Trucks "SKIP" along unladened.cheesy.gif

Some skip faster than others

Had some fun yesterday. Had some clown in a new-ish Ranger wanting to show off. Sat on my bumper. Got to a straight and he went for it. Of course I don't like the intimidation of someone being daft. He got along side smile.png , the chipped Vigo down shifted, foot to the floor and left the clown on the wrong side of the road. smile.png Yes I know I should grow up but I just hate bumper kissers, don't you. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Mine doesn't.

Had some fun yesterday. Had some clown in a new-ish Ranger wanting to show off. Sat on my bumper. Got to a straight and he went for it. Of course I don't like the intimidation of someone being daft. He got along side smile.png , the chipped Vigo down shifted, foot to the floor and left the clown on the wrong side of the road. smile.png Yes I know I should grow up but I just hate bumper kissers, don't you. coffee1.gif

Yes............................

..........grow up xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png

If by 'cracker' you mean something that breaks down, perhaps :P

If by 'cracker' you mean something that breaks down, perhaps tongue.png

That would be a crap.er

• 4 weeks later...