Need 7000 BTU Split-Air

moonseeker

A while back I have seen an offer for a 7000 BTU unit. Have checked any sites / brands that come to mind, so far no success. Maybe I get lucky with some of the TV members. I am aware this is a very small unit, but exactly what I need for my large walk-in closet. Actually 5-6000 would be even better, running 24/7 on low fan and extraction as much humidity as possible. I do't want an inverter, neither a larger unit that keeps cycling.

Now, if any experts are plausibly explaining me that a very small inverter will extract as much humidity as it tunes down as a regular one cooling nonstop, I might reconsider an inverter.

Best regards & THX.wai2.gif

Thank you thaicbr.

Thought about that, too. But the unit would be perfect to keep the bedroom/guest-room section 80-sqm of the house reasonably dry (and o.c. cool as a side-product) while i am travelling.

Could even install a second 7000 BTU and run both while absent at affordable cost and have all the house 160-sqm dry/cool. A friend has actually figured it out and done it. He runs a 10'000 BTU/Inverter in a 75-sqm (2 main rooms, storage, bathroom) on fan low & dry". Condo with high ceilings under the roof. Constant 24 C & 38 % humidity. Running it on cool" with temp. set to 27 C he gets about 45% humidity as the inverter extracts less water on "low speed". Monthly cost about 1'600 Baht.

Therefore a regular unit that runs constantly, actually never reaches the set 25 C, as it is too small, would dry any place perfect.

Foreign air contractors told me, cycling (on/off) of compressor does more damage to it than having it run continuously?

Always happy to learn and get feedback. 1 thing I learned already. Most units installed here in the tropics are over-sized for the ideal combination of cool/dry and cost.

THX. MS>

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed