Financial or loving relationship; which do you have?

Southerndrawl

who knows whys shes with me? darling as disected my fanancials and scolded me, she's younger im older and the sex is awsum.

once they get close to 30 they think there over the hill, if your going to get with an asian girl you should look into the culture its not uncomon for them to hook up with a much older guy, of course money has something to do with it, i wouldnt get with a village girl so why should she get with a looser.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't work out why my GF/wife wants me here. I'm 63, she's 46. we have known each other for 9 years through the internet. I did plan to come to Thailand to be with her next year, when I become an official OAP and receive my state pension, but things were happening in the UK within my family that caused me a let of stress over the past couple of years and I decided to come here sooner. I have no money, I speak very little Thai, she speaks fairly good English and we have a fantastic relationship.

She has a good job and supports me and has even borrowed money from her mother to help me pay for some urgent medical needs. It must be love.

We have a good sexual relationship, which we both enjoy to the max.

So, it's not financial. It must be love. Either that or she's crazy.

Sex: The most fun you can have without laughing. Woody Allen.

Sent from my iPad with Retina display, using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is a loving relationship?

Maybe the girl you bought flowers for showed you her true worth by telling you the truth! Flowers do only last a week and there are plenty of other ways that you can show affection without having to buy flowers. She was probably stoked that you bought her flowers and she didn't want to see you waste money on something that didn't value add to you both.

What is a loving Realationship?

A strong, healthy relationship can be one of the best supports in your life. Good relationships improve all aspects of your life, strengthening your health, your mind, and your connections with others. However, if the relationship isn't working, it can also be a tremendous drain. Relationships are an investment. The more you put in, the more you can get back. These tips can help keep a healthy relationship strong, or repair trust and love in a relationship on the rocks.

• Like 1

What is a loving relationship?

Maybe the girl you bought flowers for showed you her true worth by telling you the truth! Flowers do only last a week and there are plenty of other ways that you can show affection without having to buy flowers. She was probably stoked that you bought her flowers and she didn't want to see you waste money on something that didn't value add to you both.

What is a loving Realationship?

A strong, healthy relationship can be one of the best supports in your life. Good relationships improve all aspects of your life, strengthening your health, your mind, and your connections with others. However, if the relationship isn't working, it can also be a tremendous drain. Relationships are an investment. The more you put in, the more you can get back. These tips can help keep a healthy relationship strong, or repair trust and love in a relationship on the rocks.

Nice Philosophy . I will bear that in my mind.thumbsup.gif

I think the fact university students DO not use the ramblings of the experts in this forums for any research is a good indication of the quality of posters in here...

I have never ever read such a load of dribble regarding woman and there sex appetite, there cunningness, there desire to ripe men off etc etc.

I think the fact university students DO not use the ramblings of the experts in this forums for any research is a good indication of the quality of posters in here...

I have never ever read such a load of dribble regarding woman and there sex appetite, there cunningness, there desire to ripe men off etc etc.

alex

stick around long enough and youll get used to it,,lol

I smell a troll anyone who lets a girl say that about him is either a troll or ...

It's walking like a duck ...

Give it time ...

Interesting to read ... my-gf-has-been-cheating;-what-did-you-do-when-it-happened-to-you

The poor guy seems to have been educated in the University of hard knocks.

I like his spirit though ... keeps coming back for more.

My white towel would have been tossed a long time ago ... facepalm.gif

Thanks. Unfortunately, Im still in that University getting knocked around despite my older age. Im just waiting for a miracle, or lightning to strike me, to get out of this rut.

I feel for you man; I really do. The way you have been accepting some of the comments and freely admiting you have a problem; it sounds like you have an addiction. If you can afford it why not enjoy it while you can?

• Like 1

I feel for you man; I really do. The way you have been accepting some of the comments and freely admiting you have a problem; it sounds like you have an addiction. If you can afford it why not enjoy it while you can?

Thanks for your post.

Yep its a problem. I hope i dont keep repeating the same thing again. It really painful.

I think that you have missed an 'l' (that's an L not an i) in the above post.

I think that you have missed an 'l' (that's an L not an i) in the above post.

there...there... David laugh.png

There is an easy way to check if your relationship with your Thai girlfriend / wife is financial or not.

Simply check to see how much money is asked to leave your wallet to support lazy relatives back

in Isan at the end of each month......

My wallet is always empty, apart from when I take 1,000 baht from the ATM every 4 weeks. I give that to the wife, she adds it to her salary and we have a reasonable life with lots of love.

Sex: The most fun you can have without laughing. Woody Allen.

Sent from my iPad with Retina display, using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wops to fast with the finger....I missed nothing mr48....I'm well aware of the bored grey army who just love to put crap on every one and everything for there own small minded amusement, you should know this saying since your so "sharp" small things amuse even smaller minds.

Wops to fast with the finger....I missed nothing mr48....I'm well aware of the bored grey army who just love to put crap on every one and everything for there own small minded amusement, you should know this saying since your so "sharp" small things amuse even smaller minds.

WHOOSH ... through to the keeper (again)

BTW ... it's 'whoops' and 'everyone' and 'their' ... nah, identifying the 3 spelling mistakes in 3 lines of text might lower the tone of the rebuttal.

Presuming that you are referring to me, many an assumption has failed you.

Grey Army ... cheesy.gif

Before you attempt the personal attack route, it's warmly suggested that you do a little research on the person about whom you are to cast aspersions ... rolleyes.gif

Oh, if anyone is wondering ... even you Alex RRR, when the gf is asked, as she often is ... 'Does she take care of my money?', she just laughs and replies ...

'Who, him ... cheesy.gif ... he has no money to take care of!' ... giggle.gif

So my vote goes to a 'loving relationship' ... w00t.gif

Alex RRR ... how is your relationship?

You are in Thailand ... aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...

alex

stick around long enough and youll get used to it,,lol

He could be a candidate for the MacWalen school of English. There's none of us that could not improve a little

SC

She's 39, I'm 24. I've always wanted to be with an older women. Working hard to get back to her full time. She's not fussed about the money, aslong as I'm by her side she is happy

As you were told in the other thread it's time to forget about this washed up, old, bar girl.

At 39 you are her best prospect as even the 60 year old guys want someone under 35.

You are 24 and emotionally unstable (by your own admission) why would you want to date a 39 year old hooker?

Thai's like other females have enough passion and kiss and hug enough if you have the right one. Remember they need some excitement too a guy twice their age is going to satisfy them financially but physically its a different story.

For the right guy Thai females are as passionate as your western wives, thing is because there is a smaller income gap in the west females more often then not go for real attraction not money. Here because of the large income gap they often go for money and act like they don't care about the other stuff (just have an extra guy when their sponsor isnt watching).

You can make sure you are not one of those guys by not offering them money then you rule out the money part (if you want a relation based on attraction). If you are ok with spending money on a real sexy girl that pretends to love you and says age is just a number and i like your big belly then so be it. Good valid choice but make sure she does not find a way to get your money without you (like divorce when you just build a house). Keep baiting the hook and you will be fine.

As long as its your choice and your aware of what your doing and the risks you can go either way. I would not mind baiting the hook and giving money for a real sexy young one but id know she would not stand next to me when the money is gone. (and accept that of course)

This is an awesome post. Maybe its time I did a reality check and I need to start dating older women if that will solve the passion problem.

Excellent post by Robblok........

I visited a friend recently who has a wife that's in a compatible age band. My friend is 64, I'm not too sure of his wife's age but I'm guessing around 50. Every day is the same for this gentleman, he's met with a kiss and a cuddle every morning. I watched her fussing around in the morning making sure everything was just so for him when he got up, ( she's an early bird ), and all through the day the key component of the relationship was in place........

He was always in her mind.

She was always one step ahead of him, always making sure he was okay. Sure she was capable of pulling his ear too but it was done in jest. She can't get over the fact that he still can't eat spicy food, he can't get over the fact that she can eat so much food full stop.

I sat back and watched both of them going about their business, and their business was always each other. This wasn't a one way street. I loved watching them interact, and I complimented them both on many occasions. That man freely admits that he could take or leave Thailand, but what he has with his wife he could never leave.

There's no worse feeling than feeling that your doing everything you can, but you are still alone. I think that's a feeling you are used to. The answer is two fold.

Find a partner that is age compatible......and once you find her pay attention to that most obvious of things, are you in her mind?

Does she call you when she's out and ask do you want anything? Does she fuss about needing to go down to Tesco Lotus because she's worried she's going to run out of your favourite food? Does she wander over and give you a cuddle? Does she walk up to you while your on the laptop and put her hand on her shoulder as she watches the screen with you? The one I like best as I think it's beautiful and comical, does she guide you across the road, holding you cos she's scared you'll get knocked down? On that subject, is she always at you to be careful about life in Thailand?

There's a long list of indicators as to whether or not you have a genuine relationship, every man in a loving relationship here will have his own little treasured moment that he loves about his wife.

Mercedes Girl ( my lady ) is actually older than me. She would do anything for me, I love the care and attention that she shows me. Love it. Of course I'll come on here and moan about her talking too much but hey nobody is perfect.

All of the best relationships I see here are age compatible, we did a poll on TV last year and age compatibility band was a lot narrower than you would expect.

If you truly want that feeling again, change the age band you are dating, and give yourself a chance. There are many professional and business women in Thailand in their 40's and 50's looking for a gentleman for companionship and love. They're lonely, they want the same thing you do. Go after them, go after an equal.

Find an equal and you've knocked it off, good luck.

You and your friend are lucky men. There are plenty of men out there, me for one, who try to show love and affection and not get it back in return. My ex gf I would do anything for her. Took care of her family and son, but she just did not reciprocate and was cruel to me in many ways including multiple infidelities. I think you and your friend are probably good guys and treat your women well, or at least I hope you do. In the future I will try not to take my gf for granted, and try to be romantic with her more. But its hard when nothing is coming back.

It is hard when nothing is coming back, but I think those are the things that you need to find out before things get serious/become permanent.

I have been with my wife for over 4 years, we've been married for just over 2 years. She's 37 and I'm 50, so there's a bit of an age gap, but she's old enough to know what life is about, which is, I think, more important than just a person's age.

We are affectionate, playful and have a lot of fun together. Just being together, not going 'out out' :) We can just be in the same room together not really doing much and still have a great time, laughing, joking around and talking about anything and everything.

She's not constantly draped all over me, but I don't like that anyway.

That's how our relationship started, we enjoyed each other's company. When relationships have their inevitable 'quiet spots' when passions may wane a little, I think it's that friendship factor that gets people through. My wife is my best friend.

It's sad (I think) that people seem to have a sort of 'shopping list' mentality.

She needs to be; x amount younger than me, have a job and a car, be from a certain sort of background etc. etc.

If you find someone physically attractive, and let's be honest, it doesn't take much for a man to be physically attracted to a woman, that doesn't necessarily mean that you should subject the pair of you to some kind of stale, loveless experience just because you don't want to live by yourself.

Laugh, enjoy, have fun, find out if they are the person that makes you smile when you wake up and, more importantly perhaps, are you that person for them?

It takes time, but it's worth it.

• Like 2

She's 39, I'm 24. I've always wanted to be with an older women. Working hard to get back to her full time. She's not fussed about the money, aslong as I'm by her side she is happy

As you were told in the other thread it's time to forget about this washed up, old, bar girl.

At 39 you are her best prospect as even the 60 year old guys want someone under 35.

You are 24 and emotionally unstable (by your own admission) why would you want to date a 39 year old hooker?

Nobody '"told" me anything. I'm now getting advise from somebody who isn't looking to boost their ego with a narcy attitude, someone who speaks wisely, instead of giving the bullish generic response. I'm 24, not 60, there are plenty of girls under 30 in England to choose from, you are clearly failing to understand that I don't want a girl my own age, I don't care about stereotypes. "Thai girls are for old smelly men" blah blah blah. Stop being a media puppet

It's a personal challenge, any lad can walk into a bar in my home city and pull, where is the challenge in that? Trying to make it work with a 39 yr old thai hooker who knows all the tricks, is a challenge, if I fail I fail, but ill try my best to get inside her head, get her hooked and not allow her to play the money game with me, if she does that's when I call it quits and move on, but for the time being all is kosher

Nobody '"told" me anything. I'm now getting advise from somebody who isn't looking to boost their ego with a narcy attitude, someone who speaks wisely, instead of giving the bullish generic response. I'm 24, not 60, there are plenty of girls under 30 in England to choose from, you are clearly failing to understand that I don't want a girl my own age, I don't care about stereotypes. "Thai girls are for old smelly men" blah blah blah. Stop being a media puppet

There's also plenty of girls under 30 in Thailand who are good looking, educated, fashionable and well dressed, have decent jobs and are not bar girls that a 24 year old guy like yourself has relatively easy access to....so why chose a 39 year old bar girl?

Don't kid yourself that you love each other it was obvious from your post in the other thread you don't and you have no idea what you think yourself anyway.

BTW I live in Thailand and have dated many Thai girls so you don't have to tell me about media stereotypes. I know the reality of women in Thailand.

It's a personal challenge, any lad can walk into a bar in my home city and pull, where is the challenge in that? Trying to make it work with a 39 yr old thai hooker who knows all the tricks, is a challenge, if I fail I fail, but ill try my best to get inside her head, get her hooked and not allow her to play the money game with me, if she does that's when I call it quits and move on, but for the time being all is kosher

ANYONE can pull a 39 year old Thai hooker...young, old, fat, ugly. ANYONE.

Especially if they have 1,000B in their pocket.