Recommendation On Lcd Tv Purchase

Valjean

I want to buy LCD TV around 32” and want to know the best place to purchase in Bangkok. I’m not an audio nut – in fact I haven’t even owned a TV for most of the past 2 years but it seemed if they were getting cheap enough I may as well get one that’s good to watch movies on. The 32” are getting close to 40,000 baht which is close to what I’d spend (and I assume additional 25,000 for the sound system – right?). Look at Dell they are US$1500, Amazon had some brands I haven’t heard of sub US$1000 with most of the bigger brands US$1300 – US$1600. I saw a Benq 32” at IT City Panthip for I think around 50,000 baht so it is getting close.

For a man of modest expectations and means are the 2nd tier brands OK? I assume it all the same few LCD factories anyway or big difference?

Where are the best deals?

Or are there places where extra service, warranty, etc. is worth paying more for?

thanks

Personally I can recommend the BenQ TV, Its quite a steal at 50k and I'm pretty sure they will come down slightly on that number.

It has a DVI port, runs at 1280x720 (720p) which is IMO a nicer resolution than the 1366x768 resolution most other LCD TV's run at.

After the BenQ I would recommend either the Sony's or Samsungs, I believe they use identical panels - but make sure it has a digital input (either HDMI or DVI) else you wont EVER be able to watch Hi Def DVD's on it.

Even if you upgrade to a larger screen later on, the BenQ works excellently as a computer monitor - I have several clients that use it just for that.