Five things farang men must stop wearing

Lite Beer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that so many men take an interest in what other men are wearing? Must all be metrosexuals? I confess I don't really pay that much attention.

And what are "fisherman pants"? I assume they are not waders?

Fishermen's pants are those long rubber pants with the built in gumboots all one piece. You see the guys working on the trawlers wearing them

It's amazing that so many men take an interest in what other men are wearing? Must all be metrosexuals? I confess I don't really pay that much attention.

Fishermen's pants are those long rubber pants with the built in gumboots all one piece. You see the guys working on the trawlers wearing them

Uh, no.

• Like 2

Uh, no.

No??? Well what sort of pants do fishermen wear then?

Er, one may wish to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_fisherman_pants smile.png

And yes, Thai fishermen do wear them (I do not).

• Like 1

These fishermans pants are those pants that are tied up around your waste from back to front... Like a one-size-fits-all number that you tie around your waste...

Super comfy for around the house wear... But you'd look like a right dick if you were wearing them outside trying to get your "thai" on...

EDIT: Like the one in HeijoshinCool's picture...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

You see some hippy looking dudes going about in fisherman pants, some of them suit them, but there are some atrocious eye damaging abominations out there.

1234679_564789686918338_388365184_n.jpg

I caught it on Facebook a while ago before the site went down. They were talking about guys wearing these wife beaters, and I personally can't stand them. I've seen myself standing in decent restaurants and clubs and guys wander in wearing them, shorts and flip flops.

At best they're day wear, of an evening smarten up a bit. I saw a guy in Hotshots ( a cabaret bar, decent mainly Thai crowd ) wander in wearing a grey wife beater, shorts and flip flops. His pals were dressed the same way, where he stood out was he was hairier than a silver back gorilla. I was repulsed, the Thais I was with were boaking, his hairy arms matted with sweat. It was disgusting.

As far as I'm concerned it was the doormen to blame, they should be knocking guys dressed like that back. If your going out at night at least put on a smart casual shirt / polo shirt and dress shorts at least. I've guys who are overweight like men can be smart looking, and in Thailand it's not hard, not expensive for slimmer guys to dress sharp.

Ideal day wear for many, atrocious evening wear in a club.

The embassy consular waiting room had a few last week. And they wonder why possibly the staff may get a little tired of explaining why the honey on their might need some paper work to visit.

• Like 1

Er, one may wish to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_fisherman_pants smile.png

And yes, Thai fishermen do wear them (I do not).

Not sure why but since some years i got into the habit of wearing them to bed, never outside.