Five things farang men must stop wearing

Lite Beer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 6. The ridiculious ultra short neon day glow shorts and matching Full Moon Party tank top every backpacker seems to wear now in Koh Phangan. Although I must say it does go well with the half worn off body painted 7-11 logo.

In retaliation:

5 Things Thais should stop wearing:

1. Fake smiles

2. Chips on their shoulder

3. Powder on faces (you are not white!)

4. Kmer national dress claiming its thai

5. Nazi uniforms!!!

spot on mate ...........Cant belive how many farangs here have jumped on the bandwagon, in slagging off fellow farangs !

I think they call that "staying on topic" as that is what the topic is - things for farangs not to wear, not Thais not to wear. Odd to call a thread a "bandwagon"

who called the thread 'bandwagon'? .....you can stay on topic and disagree !

As a "Farang" I really would like to read the rest of the article, but the link is dead and the whole bangkok.coconut.co seems to be down!

PS. I already changed my pants, and eager to know more...crazy.gif

Give it a try now, I fixed the link.

Nope, link is down. Reluctant to go ouside until this crisis is settled.

Edited by marell

In retaliation:

5 Things Thais should stop wearing:

1. Fake smiles

2. Chips on their shoulder

3. Powder on faces (you are not white!)

4. Kmer national dress claiming its thai

5. Nazi uniforms!!!

spot on mate ...........Cant belive how many farangs here have jumped on the bandwagon, in slagging off fellow farangs !

I think they call that "staying on topic" as that is what the topic is - things for farangs not to wear, not Thais not to wear. Odd to call a thread a "bandwagon"

who called the thread 'bandwagon'? .....you can stay on topic and disagree !

Yep you can - disagreeing is staying on topic - changing it to "What Thais should not be seen wearing" isn't disagreeing, it's changing the subject. The topic was about "slagging" off some farang's choices of attire - so doing that is "staying on topic" not "Jumping on a bandwagon". Anyway, not really bothered the thread is light hearted and subjective, and vague enough not to be offensive IMO. (any I never wear socks with stilettos - wife would kill me if I broke her heels again :))

I think most of what this guy said is probably right, We do look pretty rediculous in wife beaters. Sly Stallone can still get away with it but most of us can't. Now, about those fisherman pants. Why does it seem like it's ok if the Thai's seem to wear them everywhere, but we can't. hmmmm. whistling.gif

Interesting article. But Thais giving lessons in dress sense? The author should also have a chat with the slappers in the bars about their attire and while he/she is at it, please have a word with the waiter in the restaurant i was in just yesterday - He had a tee-shirt on with the legend - EAT SHIT xxxx SLEEP - down the front. Nice ay? The bit about guys wearing the elephant bead necklace brought a smile to my face though. I'm going to go to the next Thai bloke i see with 18 Buddhas hanging around his neck and tell him to read this article. Sweeeet....

could you go back and ask where he bought it? I want one.

Man purses...please stop wearing man purse guys unless u need them to carry your manpons

What is a man purse?

Bum-Bag - Fanny-Pouch

But it's mostly girls who wear bumbags, should it not be girl purse?

nah, thats a bit lower downcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

post-123755-0-56004100-1367275461_thumb.

The largest ethnic category wearing socks in flip flops are thai,

based on my 11 years experience here, mostly mom at mom and pop food shops

It,s even worse when the thai women wear them,

Someone mentioned about thais picking there nose, just walking down the street i see guys doing this or sitting on the motocyc squeezing zits in the mirror -pulling facial hairs out with tweezers,

Interesting article. But Thais giving lessons in dress sense? The author should also have a chat with the slappers in the bars about their attire and while he/she is at it, please have a word with the waiter in the restaurant i was in just yesterday - He had a tee-shirt on with the legend - EAT SHIT xxxx SLEEP - down the front. Nice ay? The bit about guys wearing the elephant bead necklace brought a smile to my face though. I'm going to go to the next Thai bloke i see with 18 Buddhas hanging around his neck and tell him to read this article. Sweeeet....

could you go back and ask where he bought it? I want one.

I got one you can have, i scooped it up with my foot in a traffic jam on the motocyc when one of the two thai guys in the middle of the road fighting lost it.

fishermans pants are simply great on hot days, I rarely wear them out but do occasionally of a night if we go to Macro etc or the local market if it is pretty warm. Also great on long drives but definitely wouldnt wear them around town, as for the rest, no thanks.

If your going out at night at least put on a smart casual shirt / polo shirt and dress shorts at least.

LOL 'dress shorts' there's no such thing IMO. Shorts can never be considered smart or dressy and have no place other than at the beach or wearing around the house. Little boys clothing.

• Like 1

When someones says you shouldnt wear this or that - its always a good reason to do the opposite.....

Wear what you want - dont let other persons decide what you should wear or not wear......

I'd agree for people who actually want to wear any of that stuff.

• Like 2

If you want to see something really scary go to Google images and enter "people of Walmart".

Makes the average tourist staggering down Walking Street look pretty good. biggrin.png

I don't know about that.

I think the people of Pattaya give the people of Walmart a run for their money.

But it would be competitive.

Well, like some others here I also happen to like my fishermans pants. They're kinda like summer weight trakky daks.

Have to say I very rarely wear 'em out of the house though. As for 90s or 80s? Just bring back the 70s I say! Where's all the cheesecloth gone?