Five things farang men must stop wearing

Lite Beer

post-123755-0-56004100-1367275461_thumb.

Although I don't wear sandals, what is wrong with this?

Socks and sandals are universally ridiculed around the world. However, you will likely not find a more comfortable combination of footwear in the universe. I am a confessed habitual sock and sandal wearer, I can't help it. Although, I have since graduated to "skele-toes" which are even more hideous than socks and sandals, but I love them like family and I simply can't stop wearing them:D

I wear what I find comfortable with and couldn't care what others think.

I walk around the house and garden and nearby barefoot.

Actually met a girlfriend's family once in a restaurant in Nontaburi with no shoes on but that's another story worth a thread of it's own.

When my father, who is 75, comes here, he wears socks and sandals as he finds it comfortable. I really can't see any cause for ridicule.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see some hippy looking dudes going about in fisherman pants, some of them suit them, but there are some atrocious eye damaging abominations out there.

1234679_564789686918338_388365184_n.jpg

I caught it on Facebook a while ago before the site went down. They were talking about guys wearing these wife beaters, and I personally can't stand them. I've seen myself standing in decent restaurants and clubs and guys wander in wearing them, shorts and flip flops.

At best they're day wear, of an evening smarten up a bit. I saw a guy in Hotshots ( a cabaret bar, decent mainly Thai crowd ) wander in wearing a grey wife beater, shorts and flip flops. His pals were dressed the same way, where he stood out was he was hairier than a silver back gorilla. I was repulsed, the Thais I was with were boaking, his hairy arms matted with sweat. It was disgusting.

As far as I'm concerned it was the doormen to blame, they should be knocking guys dressed like that back. If your going out at night at least put on a smart casual shirt / polo shirt and dress shorts at least. I've guys who are overweight like men can be smart looking, and in Thailand it's not hard, not expensive for slimmer guys to dress sharp.

Ideal day wear for many, atrocious evening wear in a club.

I dress for me,not you.You concerns don't interest me at all.Next time you see me please tell me how disgusting i am,and we will discuss it,outside.

I must admit I have never seen farangs wandering around in Fisherman pants and I would prefer if fat old men wore baggy pants than skin tight lycra. Maybe Thai's prefer their farang this way.

What are fishermans pants? Shorts may be comfortable, but they look awful on any man whether they are fat, thin, tall short or whatever.

Why!We live in a hot country,i dress for comfort every day,not for your opinon.

I must admit I have never seen farangs wandering around in Fisherman pants and I would prefer if fat old men wore baggy pants than skin tight lycra. Maybe Thai's prefer their farang this way.

What are fishermans pants? Shorts may be comfortable, but they look awful on any man whether they are fat, thin, tall short or whatever.

Why!We live in a hot country,i dress for comfort every day,not for your opinon.

Part of the enjoyment of taking part on TV is giving opinions whether you or I agree with them or not, and I gave mine.

I always wear shorts and have been refused entry on occasion IMO that was their loss not mine. Thailand is hot and humid how does wearing a button down shirt and tie even make sense?

Lack of dress regulations is one of the reasons i came to this country.I have never been refused entry,but same as you,their loss.Plenty of other places to go.

• 1 month later...

I gave up ridiculing what some foreign dudes and Thais wear while in Thailand quite some time back. Really as long as people dress in a clean fashion then I see no reason for others to be concern themselves too much. Coming from London originally I was at one point quite a hipster (certainly not anymore, that is for sure) and when I first come to Thailand the "given up" look of certain western tourists did amuse me as did the Thais who seemed to dress in a western trend from a decade or two previous, also with poor colour co-ordination and mostly fake designer gear, even in "trendy" (lol) Bangkok.

For phuck's sake, let's let people feel okay with what they wear. If someone feels good about walking around in ultra minishorts and barefoot, don't criticise him/her; same thing for someone who likes to wear a suit, even on his/her day off from his/her office job.

I had to find out what 'Fishermans Pants' were.

thai-fisherman-pants.jpg

I wouldn't get past step 1.

Yep! Fisherman pants are just normal pants for me.

It appears they're normal pants for me too. Only without the folding bit.