Thai Immigration arrest Swiss man for fraudulent real estate deals

webfact

Terrorizing Foreigner Arrested By Chon Buri Immigration Bureau

253.jpg

The Chon Buri Immigration Bureau arrest a Swiss man who had listed houses that didn't belong to him without permission of the house-owner

CHONBURI – August 21, 2013 [PDN]; Immigration Bureau officers together with Chon Buri police officers arrested Mr. Peter Limaoher following a complaint from Mrs. Sumalee Manpadung. She had complained that Mr. Peter had listed her property online without her consent.

Mrs. Sumalee had also said that she often had arguments with Mr. Peter, which made her decide to file reports to the Immigration Bureau as well as the DSI.

An arrest was planned as soon as it was confirmed that he had scammed another foreign man into signing a contract to rent the house he was residing him without Mrs. Sumalee’s permission.

Mr. Peter was said to have done this crime several times before but in different provinces. As soon as he gets money transferred from the victim, he’d immediately escape and move to another province.

Police arrested him in a house he rented, he was reported to be in the process of listing the house online, luckily his laptop was seized first.

He is now in the process of being charged for several allegations by Immigration Bureau officers. He is also in the process of getting extradited back to his home country.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/22/terrorizing-foreigner-arrested-by-chon-buri-immigration-bureau/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-08-22

Something is not correct to this story. Making a couple, or even great number of deposit scams is not enough to pay for living and the cost to move around all the time. At least it is not a moneymaker worth it.

• Like 2

Sounds like a very small player, but good job of the BiB catching him. What I don't understand

is why the article call him "terrorizing"? Did he use any violence/threats/blackmail...?

Could it be because of the red pajamas? (if that is him)

Meh...all real estate deals are fraudulent to some extent or another. facepalm.gif

Yes lets see, working in real estate will give you a few examples of whats happened this month.

Tenant subletting and saying its his friend...

Owner dosnt want to pay agrred commission as we sold his house too quick

Owner trys to pay with bouncy cheque.

Client trys to go direct to owner after viewing through us.

Definatley fraudulent people in real estate, fact is its nearly always the customer and not the agent

Meh...all real estate deals are fraudulent to some extent or another. facepalm.gif

..."Definatley fraudulent people in real estate, fact is its nearly always the customer and not the agent"

I would not paint that scene with that brush.:) I feel that any time you see "AGENT OWNED"there was most likely hanky panky going on with the agent side. BECAUSE even broker fees are not enough to make holding onto real estate very profitable.A LOT of times the agent will go out to a possible listing (usually a call from someone interested in selling there house) and ask what is the lowest you will take for the house. Then realizing, the people they are suppose to be representing are willing to take half of what it is worth , they themselves close the deal .

JMHO used house salesmen no better than used car salesmen.:)

PS you will hardly ever find out about this going on even though common sense tells you it goes on

All? That's a very broad statement. Can you elaborate with some recognized references or research data? :)

Edited by Benmart

Subletting a house constitutes fraud.

Phew. I am glad they are getting the big boys...

From reading the article, he's not subletting, he's ripping off the prospective tenants and running off with their money.. It's a pretty nasty activity and if true I hope they throw the book at him.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I agree w james5121 100%. Also add though both great realtors of integrity and of course the opposite. Realtors common practice in states is to see if they can low ball and sell to what seller never knows is partner of realtor.

They then simply relist and sell at market value. What's worse is they scan obituaries every day knowing heirs going to get property they may not want.

Not much worse than praying on elderly and dead........

• 4 weeks later...

Small fry, what about the Farangs that are committing much bigger scams,

and seem to be Teflon coated and continue with their fraudulent activities,

without fear of the authorities ,it seems.

Regards Worgeordie

And you have reported this,of course.

I think you will find that one quite promenent journalist in Pattaya has been serialising some of the yuk scammers from Pattaya for a while. It has virtually ruined him with ridiculous defamation law suits flying his way and the odd threat here and there. Oh yes, there are some really special pieces of work around. Do not, and I say Do not ever trust a foreigner who claims to have a friend who can help, unless the help is COMPLETELY for free.