Proof Of Residence

Crossy

Ok, this came up in another thread and no answer was forthcoming, so I'll ask the question direct.

I've always gone to the embassy (UK) to get the residence document needed for licence renewals etc, just getting a bit pi$$ed off at the cost of a bit of paper.

A suitable document is available from immigration for the same purpose.

SO

What do I need to take to immigration in order to get one?

Easy eh?

This would be extremely good to know. I'm off to my embassy this week for an address verification and I know it's going to be another 1,600 baht for the honor of the embassy stamp.

It would be good to know not only how to apply to immigration for such a document, but how long they take to produce it. I'd heard, for example, that they need to send a gov't official to your home for an address verification. I have no idea if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would surprise me if they could find my house however ...... :o

Believe that if you have a tabian Baan from the owner of the house then that's fine, otherwise you have to get a neighbour to show there tabian baan and they need to verify that you live where you say.

Sorry not much help but I've been in the situation where I'm renting and the owners are abroad so I'm just about to go the neighbour route in Hua Hin, let you know how it goes.

If you own the property a copy of the ownership papers otherwise a copy of the rental agreement. You can reduce the size of the ownership papers to have it photocopied to A4 size.

2 photo's, not the big one nor the small 1 inch ones but the ones inbetwween. Really helpful that!

Probably, but don't remember, photocopies of passport and visa etc etc.

This is in Chiang Mai immigration.

Registered for the second time last month at C.M Immi.and there was No Fee....Free...lov-lay word.

Cant remember what I paid last year but sure it wasnt too much.

Got my 5 year DL about 20 minutes afterwards.

Also..fyi.. staff at the CM office very nice,polite and friendly... :o

Registered for the second time last month at C.M Immi.and there was No Fee....Free...lov-lay word.

Cant remember what I paid last year but sure it wasnt too much.

Got my 5 year DL about 20 minutes afterwards.

Also..fyi.. staff at the CM office very nice,polite and friendly... :o

and the documents they required were.......??

This process is not widely known..........you need to have the Thai "owner" of the property you live in to complete TM30 form and sign it along with a copy of the tabian baan and thier ID card.....BEFORE you go to the immigration office. The TM30 form can be found by googling for TM30 Thailand

here is the TM30 form:

Ẻ¡ÒÃá¨é§ÃѺ¤¹µèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑ ÊÓËÃѺà¨éÒºéÒ¹ à¨éҢͧ ËÃ×ͼÙé¤Ãͺ¤Ãͧà¤ËÐʶҹ

NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE

WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED

à¢Õ¹·Õè      

WRITTEN AT

Çѹ·Õè    à´×͹ ¾.È.     

DATE MONTH YEAR

àÃÕ¹ ¾¹Ñ¡§Ò¹à¨éÒ˹éÒ·ÕèµÃǨ¤¹à¢éÒàÁ×ͧËÃ×Íà¨éÒ¾¹Ñ¡§Ò¹µÓÃǨ·éͧ·Õè

TO : THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER OR LOCAL POLICE OFFICER

¢éÒ¾à¨éÒ       ÍÒÂØ     »Õ

FULL NAME AGE YEARS

ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ       ÍÂÙèºéÒ¹àÅ¢·Õè       µÃÍ¡/«Í      

NATIONALITY PRESENT ADDRESS LINE

¶¹¹       µÓºÅ/á¢Ç§       ÍÓàÀÍ/ࢵ      

ROAD SUB-DISTRICT (TUMBON) DISTRICT

¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´       ¢Íá¨é§¡ÒþѡÍÒÈÑ¢ͧºØ¤¤ÅµèÒ§´éÒÇ·Õèà´Ô¹·Ò§à¢éÒÁÒã¹ÃÒªÍҳҨѡÃä·Â

PROVINCE WISH TO NOTIFY THE ADDRESS WHERE ALIEN RECEIVED PERMISSION

à»ç¹¡ÒêÑèǤÃÒÇ «Öè§à¢éҾѡÍÂÙè·Õè       µÃÍ¡/«Í      

TO STAY TEMPORALITY IN THE KINGDOM HAS STAYED AS LINE

ROAD SUB - DISTRICT (TUMBON) DISTRICT

¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´       àÁ×èÍÇѹ·Õè    à´×͹ ¾.È.     

PROVINCE ON DATE MONTH YEAR

ÃÇÁ       ¤¹ µÒÁºÑ­ªÕÃÒª×èÍ·ÕèṺÁÒ´éÇÂáÅéÇ

TOTALPERSONS (NAME LIST ATTACHED)

ŧª×èÍ ¼Ùéá¨é§ã¹°Ò¹Ðà¨éÒºéÒ¹

SIGNATURE HOUSE–MASTER, OWNER OR

POSSESSOR OR RESIDENCE

ËÁÒÂà赯 1. á¨é§ÀÒÂã¹ 24 ¹Ñºáµè¤¹µèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑÂ

MUST NOTIFY WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF ARRIVING AT THE RESIDENCE

2. ã¹à¢µ¡Ãا෾ÁËÒ¹¤Ã ãËéá¨é§µèͧ͡µÃǨ¤¹à¢éÒàÁ×ͧ

MUST NOTIFY THE IMMIGRATION DIVISION IF LOCATED WITNIN BANGKOK AREA

3. ã¹µèÒ§¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´ãËéá¨é§µèÍ´èÒ¹µÃǨ¤¹à¢éÒàÁ×ͧ·ÕèµÑé§ÍÂÙèËÒ¡äÁèÁÕãËéá¨é§µèÍà¨éÒ¾¹Ñ¡§

¹µÓÃǨ·éͧ·Õè

MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO IMMIGRATION

OFFICE LICATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED

ãºÃѺ¡ÒÃá¨é§ÃѺ¤¹µèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑÂ

RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION

¢éÒ¾à¨éÒ µÓá˹è§

I TITLE

ä´éÃѺ¡ÒÃá¨é§ºØ¤¤ÅµèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑ¢ͧ ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ

HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATIONS OF ALIEN’S ASSRESS FROM NATIONALITY

«Öè§ä´éÃѺá¨é§¡ÒÃà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑ¢ͧ ÃÇÁ ¤¹

WHO NOTIFY THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIENS HAVE STAYED TOTAL PERSONS

äÇéáÅéÇàÁ×èÍÇѹ·Õè à´×͹ ¾.È. àÇÅÒ ¹.

ON (DATE) MONTH YEAR HOURS

ŧª×èÍ ¼ÙéÃѺá¨é§

SIGNATURE IMMIGRATION OFFICER

ºÑ­ªÕÃÒª×èͤ¹µèÒ§´éÒÇ·Õèà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑÂ

NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE

ÅӴѺ

NO ª×èͤ¹µèÒ§´éÒÇ

Name and Surname ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ

Nationality ˹ѧÊ×Íà´Ô¹·Ò§

Passport No. Çѹà´Ô¹·Ò§à¢éÒ

Date of Arrival »ÃÐàÀ·ÇÕ«èÒ

Type of Visa ¤Ãº¡Ó˹´Í¹Ø­Òµ

Expire date of stay ªèͧ·Ò§à¢éÒ

Point of entry ºÑµÃ¢Òà¢éÒàÅ¢·Õè

Arrival card TM.No. ¤ÇÒÁà¡ÕèÂǾѹ

Relationship: (tenant etc)

(ŧª×èÍ) ¼Ùéá¨é§

When you get to immigration they will give you a form that looks like this:

APPLICATION FORM FOR RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND

Ẻ¿ÍÃìÁ¢Í˹ѧÊ×ÍÃѺÃͧ¶Ôè¹·Õè¾Ñ¡ÍÒÈÑÂã¹»ÃÐà·È

Section 1 Sub-division 4 Division of General Staff

Immigration Bureau

Date    Month Year     

(Mr. Mrs. Miss.)Family name/ª×èÍÊ¡ØÅ       First name/

ª×è͵ÑÇ       Middle name/ª×èÍÃͧ       Nationality/

ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ       Age/ÍÒÂØ     Date of Birth/Çѹà¡Ô´    Month/

à´×͹ Year/¤.È.     

Holding passport or traveling document No. / ¶×Í˹ѧÊ×Íà´Ô¹·Ò§ËÃ×ÍàÍ¡ÊÒÃãªé᷹˹ѧÊ×Íà´Ô¹·Ò§àÅ¢·Õè

     

Arrival Card No.(TM.6) / µÒÁºÑµÃ¢Òà¢éÒàÅ¢·Õè                            

Entered Thailand on / à¢éÒÁÒ»ÃÐà·Èä·ÂàÁ×èÍÇѹ·Õè    Month Year     

Allowed to Date / ͹حҵãËéÍÂÙè¶Ö§Çѹ·Õè    Month Year     

I wish to apply for residence certificate and the following reason. / ¢éÒ¾à¨éÒ¢ÍÂ×蹤ӢÍ˹ѧÊ×ÍÃѺÃͧ¶Ôè¹·Õè¾Ñ¡ÍÒÈÑ â´ÂÁÕà˵ؼŴѧ¹Õé

Driving License Bank

Buy/ car or motorbike Other      

_ _ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _

Address in Thailand / ·ÕèÍÂÙèã¹»ÃÐà·Èä·Â

Address No. / ºéÒ¹àÅ¢·Õè       Moo / ËÁÙè     Subdistrict / Tambon / á¢Ç§ / µÓºÅ

      District /ÍÓàÀÍ      

Province / ¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´       Zip Code / ÃËÑÊä»ÃɳÕÂì      

Phone No / â·ÃÈѾ·ì      

Your Sincerely, (´éǤÇÒÁà¤ÒþÍÂèÒ§ÊÙ§)

Signature or right thumb print Applicant

ÅÒÂÁ×ͪ×èÍËÃ×ÍÅÒÂËÑÇáÁèÁ×Í ¼Ùé¢Í

A few wasted trips to Nong Khai taught me the process!!!!!

Good luck

I have the originals of these documents in Micro$oft Word format, i can e-mail them to anyone that needs them. PM me

• 3 years later...
This process is not widely known..........you need to have the Thai "owner" of the property you live in to complete TM30 form and sign it along with a copy of the tabian baan and thier ID card.....BEFORE you go to the immigration office. The TM30 form can be found by googling for TM30 Thailand

here is the TM30 form:

Ẻ¡ÒÃá¨é§ÃѺ¤¹µèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑ ÊÓËÃѺà¨éÒºéÒ¹ à¨éҢͧ ËÃ×ͼÙé¤Ãͺ¤Ãͧà¤ËÐʶҹ

NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE

WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED

à¢Õ¹·Õè      

WRITTEN AT

Çѹ·Õè    à´×͹ ¾.È.     

DATE MONTH YEAR

àÃÕ¹ ¾¹Ñ¡§Ò¹à¨éÒ˹éÒ·ÕèµÃǨ¤¹à¢éÒàÁ×ͧËÃ×Íà¨éÒ¾¹Ñ¡§Ò¹µÓÃǨ·éͧ·Õè

TO : THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER OR LOCAL POLICE OFFICER

¢éÒ¾à¨éÒ       ÍÒÂØ     »Õ

FULL NAME AGE YEARS

ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ       ÍÂÙèºéÒ¹àÅ¢·Õè       µÃÍ¡/«Í      

NATIONALITY PRESENT ADDRESS LINE

ROAD SUB-DISTRICT (TUMBON) DISTRICT

¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´       ¢Íá¨é§¡ÒþѡÍÒÈÑ¢ͧºØ¤¤ÅµèÒ§´éÒÇ·Õèà´Ô¹·Ò§à¢éÒÁÒã¹ÃÒªÍҳҨѡÃä·Â

PROVINCE WISH TO NOTIFY THE ADDRESS WHERE ALIEN RECEIVED PERMISSION

à»ç¹¡ÒêÑèǤÃÒÇ «Öè§à¢éҾѡÍÂÙè·Õè       µÃÍ¡/«Í      

TO STAY TEMPORALITY IN THE KINGDOM HAS STAYED AS LINE

ROAD SUB - DISTRICT (TUMBON) DISTRICT

¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´       àÁ×èÍÇѹ·Õè    à´×͹ ¾.È.     

PROVINCE ON DATE MONTH YEAR

ÃÇÁ       ¤¹ µÒÁºÑ­ªÕÃÒª×èÍ·ÕèṺÁÒ´éÇÂáÅéÇ

TOTALPERSONS (NAME LIST ATTACHED)

ŧª×èÍ ¼Ùéá¨é§ã¹°Ò¹Ðà¨éÒºéÒ¹

SIGNATURE HOUSE–MASTER, OWNER OR

POSSESSOR OR RESIDENCE

ËÁÒÂà赯 1. á¨é§ÀÒÂã¹ 24 ¹Ñºáµè¤¹µèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑÂ

MUST NOTIFY WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF ARRIVING AT THE RESIDENCE

2. ã¹à¢µ¡Ãا෾ÁËÒ¹¤Ã ãËéá¨é§µèͧ͡µÃǨ¤¹à¢éÒàÁ×ͧ

MUST NOTIFY THE IMMIGRATION DIVISION IF LOCATED WITNIN BANGKOK AREA

3. ã¹µèÒ§¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´ãËéá¨é§µèÍ´èÒ¹µÃǨ¤¹à¢éÒàÁ×ͧ·ÕèµÑé§ÍÂÙèËÒ¡äÁèÁÕãËéá¨é§µèÍà¨éÒ¾¹Ñ¡§

¹µÓÃǨ·éͧ·Õè

MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO IMMIGRATION

OFFICE LICATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED

ãºÃѺ¡ÒÃá¨é§ÃѺ¤¹µèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑÂ

RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION

¢éÒ¾à¨éÒ µÓá˹è§

I TITLE

ä´éÃѺ¡ÒÃá¨é§ºØ¤¤ÅµèÒ§´éÒÇà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑ¢ͧ ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ

HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATIONS OF ALIEN'S ASSRESS FROM NATIONALITY

«Öè§ä´éÃѺá¨é§¡ÒÃà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑ¢ͧ ÃÇÁ ¤¹

WHO NOTIFY THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIENS HAVE STAYED TOTAL PERSONS

äÇéáÅéÇàÁ×èÍÇѹ·Õè à´×͹ ¾.È. àÇÅÒ ¹.

ON (DATE) MONTH YEAR HOURS

ŧª×èÍ ¼ÙéÃѺá¨é§

SIGNATURE IMMIGRATION OFFICER

ºÑ­ªÕÃÒª×èͤ¹µèÒ§´éÒÇ·Õèà¢éҾѡÍÒÈÑÂ

NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE

ÅӴѺ

NO ª×èͤ¹µèÒ§´éÒÇ

Name and Surname ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ

Nationality ˹ѧÊ×Íà´Ô¹·Ò§

Passport No. Çѹà´Ô¹·Ò§à¢éÒ

Date of Arrival »ÃÐàÀ·ÇÕ«èÒ

Type of Visa ¤Ãº¡Ó˹´Í¹Ø­Òµ

Expire date of stay ªèͧ·Ò§à¢éÒ

Point of entry ºÑµÃ¢Òà¢éÒàÅ¢·Õè

Arrival card TM.No. ¤ÇÒÁà¡ÕèÂǾѹ

Relationship: (tenant etc)

(ŧª×èÍ) ¼Ùéá¨é§

When you get to immigration they will give you a form that looks like this:

APPLICATION FORM FOR RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND

Ẻ¿ÍÃìÁ¢Í˹ѧÊ×ÍÃѺÃͧ¶Ôè¹·Õè¾Ñ¡ÍÒÈÑÂã¹»ÃÐà·È

Section 1 Sub-division 4 Division of General Staff

Immigration Bureau

Date    Month Year     

(Mr. Mrs. Miss.)Family name/ª×èÍÊ¡ØÅ       First name/

ª×è͵ÑÇ       Middle name/ª×èÍÃͧ       Nationality/

ÊÑ­ªÒµÔ       Age/ÍÒÂØ     Date of Birth/Çѹà¡Ô´    Month/

à´×͹ Year/¤.È.     

Holding passport or traveling document No. / ¶×Í˹ѧÊ×Íà´Ô¹·Ò§ËÃ×ÍàÍ¡ÊÒÃãªé᷹˹ѧÊ×Íà´Ô¹·Ò§àÅ¢·Õè

     

Arrival Card No.(TM.6) / µÒÁºÑµÃ¢Òà¢éÒàÅ¢·Õè                            

Entered Thailand on / à¢éÒÁÒ»ÃÐà·Èä·ÂàÁ×èÍÇѹ·Õè    Month Year     

Allowed to Date / ͹حҵãËéÍÂÙè¶Ö§Çѹ·Õè    Month Year     

I wish to apply for residence certificate and the following reason. / ¢éÒ¾à¨éÒ¢ÍÂ×蹤ӢÍ˹ѧÊ×ÍÃѺÃͧ¶Ôè¹·Õè¾Ñ¡ÍÒÈÑ â´ÂÁÕà˵ؼŴѧ¹Õé

Driving License Bank

Buy/ car or motorbike Other      

_ _ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _

Address in Thailand / ·ÕèÍÂÙèã¹»ÃÐà·Èä·Â

Address No. / ºéÒ¹àÅ¢·Õè       Moo / ËÁÙè     Subdistrict / Tambon / á¢Ç§ / µÓºÅ

      District /ÍÓàÀÍ      

Province / ¨Ñ§ËÇÑ´       Zip Code / ÃËÑÊä»ÃɳÕÂì      

Phone No / â·ÃÈѾ·ì      

Your Sincerely, (´éǤÇÒÁà¤ÒþÍÂèÒ§ÊÙ§)

Signature or right thumb print Applicant

ÅÒÂÁ×ͪ×èÍËÃ×ÍÅÒÂËÑÇáÁèÁ×Í ¼Ùé¢Í

A few wasted trips to Nong Khai taught me the process!!!!!

Good luck

I have the originals of these documents in Micro$oft Word format, i can e-mail them to anyone that needs them. PM me

I just found this OLD thread on a search. Does anybody know if the TM30 can still be used at an (any?) immigration office to get a proof of residence document as required to get my 5 year Driver's License?

Sure would love to avoid the trip to the U.S. embassy in BKK!!!

Getting a Registration Certificate

A Registration Certificate is part of the paperwork needed to apply for a Thai driving license. The Certificate is provided by Immigration on presentation of various documents including (so we are told) a letter from one’s Embassy or Consulate giving proof of address. The British Consulate charges nearly 2,000 Baht for such a letter which I thought was a bit steep.

British citizens who travel can register their presence with the FCO from anywhere in the world using LOCATE (www.locate.fco.gov.uk). Once registered, print off the Registration Summary which Immigration (at least in Chiang Mai) is perfectly happy to accept as evidence of address – and it costs nothing. How do I know? I did it today and obtained a registration cerificate valid for 30 days for 500 Baht. I only had to wait 20 minutes – thanks Tor Mor.

Probably something similar would work for other nationalities.

I also got my letter from immigration 2 days ago cost 500 bht the 500bht charge was not for the letter but because i did not notify immigration off where i stay within 24 hours off arrival tut tut, i also now have to go and re register where i stay every time i do a visa run.apparently can fine you alot more if do not notify your arrival at residence with in 24 hours be ware..

That's for the Burmese immigrants on province paperwork not if you are on a visa or tourist permission to enter (30 day). Robm was that in Hua hin immigration, they have interpreted the rules to suit themselves like this before.

Did you get a receipt for your 500b . Your entry card has your notification of stay on it, which you fill in when you enter the country.

Edited by thaicbr

That's for the Burmese immigrants on province paperwork not if you are on a visa or tourist permission to enter (30 day). Robm was that in Hua hin immigration, they have interpreted the rules to suit themselves like this before.

Did you get a receipt for your 500b . Your entry card has your notification of stay on it, which you fill in when you enter the country.

did i get a receipt for my 500 bht

know that makes me laugh.....

im on non imm o so get 90 days

so i suppose when i do my visa run as long as putting full address down in thai on entry card will be notifying immigration straight away so not have to report to local immigration.

a receipt still laughing

just glad my thai girlfriend was with me or they might have wanted more,

I also got my letter from immigration 2 days ago cost 500 bht the 500bht charge was not for the letter but because i did not notify immigration off where i stay within 24 hours off arrival tut tut, i also now have to go and re register where i stay every time i do a visa run.apparently can fine you alot more if do not notify your arrival at residence with in 24 hours be ware..

Unless you fit a specific category of people (and I am not aware of any) you DO NOT HAVE to register anywhere

It is the duty of the housemaster/ hotel to register you

That has been covered on TV

• 5 months later...

I would like this cleared up also, i do my proof of residency at korat now as the local immigration at kap chong closed(it was free there).

Now the same people who moved to Korat are charging 500bht for the said proof letter, when i questioned this they said that they do not have to issue this letter as this is embassy work and informed me that if the 500baht is a problem they would not issue it and i could go else where..the attitude of the new korat office is terrible, trying to keep change from expats, aggressive, self rightious..etc.

I also asked for the fee table for such services, and was told there wasn`t one, they also said that it would take 2 days, at which point i insisted that after calling them first and traveling 2+ hours that this wasn`t on, they gave me the paper there and then....500baht

AND now to make matters worse, the 90 day report which can be done at chong chom in a portacabin(same staff from korat, on rotation) are now wanting 300baht for every check in..bloody chancers..

On the proof of residence issue, i thougt after the recent reforms, you could only obtain this from your appointed immigration office and not cross counties...and it was free before...???

Are the out of order charging 300baht for 90 day reports...at chong chom

Oh, by the way the proof of reisdency letter this time was for obtaining a Yellow book on my gf house...so hopefully no more 500bht`s.....at korat

On the 90day report, it means a 2+hr drive each way to korat(free or not there i`m not sure) or 300baht at chong chom pirates office OR you guessed it, do it by post with a 10baht self addressed envelope.........your thoughts please

Dave

If by this you mean a letter confirming your address..eg to be used for purchase of a car. Then this is available free, although they may ask you for 100Baht postage!, from the same place that you do your 90 Day report. However if you have never done a 90 Day report they wont issue you with a letter.

If I remember correctly there are only four reasons why they will issue you with this letter..one is to buy a car, another is to get a driving licence....forgot the other two. But tomorrow I go to renew my permission to stay and will try and remember to ask.

Despite all the above, which I am sure are true, there simply is no hard and fast rule as whether you like it or not both the charges and the necessary documentation vary from office to office. Some charge, up to 500 baht, some don't, some need a telephone bill in your name or a verified rental agreement and copy of the Tabian Baan.

Keep it simple - ask what they want and how much they want, provide it and pay up, and get on with your life.

Why doesn't anyone use the search function here ?

The problems with using the search function for many topics in TV are:

1. Because the site does not delete old posts (for example, do you really want your answers to be 5 years old?), you get many responses that are or may not be currently valid.

2. Because the site does not delete posts with wrong information, you may get many responses that have invalid information.

3. Many posts about a topic are not informational; they are little wars of words between posters that weren't that valid when made, and are less meaningful months or years later.

And so, for most posters, it's simply quicker to re-ask the question and get more up to date responses.

US Embassy charges $35 (at present, soon to go up) for a Residency Certificate

Immigration Bureau depending upon you location, charge from 0 up to 500 THB, require a form ( Certificate of Residence Application TM.18) 2 photos, arrival stamp, lease, house book, or utility receipt to issue the Certificate

Don't bother going to the Innigration Police :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes

i agree

be careful going to SUAN PLU

Unless you report every 90 days or whatever.... they just refuse to give you one these days...

i had a business visa non B - which obviously means im here for the next 12 months between with the 90 day runs...

sorry nope... go to your embassy was the reply, after wasting my day in traffic and hours walking around the dump/...

• 1 year later...

The paper from the Immigration is FREE, it was in 2011 anyway. They tried to charge me 300 or 600 baht last time and I insisted on it being free and got it for free.

Strange that this has come up now ... I took my paperwork to Nonthaburi Today ... actually they were short staffed so I will go back on Friday to collect.

The paperwork is ...

A form to fill in a bit like the 90Day report

Two forms for the house owner to fill in and sign

Copy of House Holders ID card and signed

Two Photos of yourself

Copy of your Passport showing Visa etc

and of course you need to have done a 90Day report. As far as I know the letter is still free ... I'l let you know if any problems or you need anything else or it's not free anymore.

Perhaps you need to clarify the actual rules with one of those immigration lawyers??

I have never needed to provide any proof of residence, etc... when I:

- applied or renewed my driving license

- recently bought a car and took a loan & insurance

- extended my visas or 90 day reporting

Perhaps you need to clarify the actual rules with one of those immigration lawyers??

Yeah !!! laugh.pngbiggrin.png I think it is being missed that this is 6 years old.

Note that different provinces do things differently but for Sukhothai DLT.

Passport.

Valid driving license from your own country.

2 photo's.

Fill out a form for a Car.

Ditto for motorbike if you have that on your license and want it.

Colour distance test, tell them what the colour is there pointing at.

At two pedal apparatus, you press the pedal that represents an accelerator, looking at a green light, when it turns to red you hit the other pedal representing the brake as quickly as you can.

You get your licences in about 20 - 30 mins as long as it's not lunch time.rolleyes.gif

^^ Just got mine renewed and a residence letter was required in Bangkok..

[My Quote] Note that different provinces do things differently but for Sukhothai DLT. [unquote]

Bangkok well !! what do you expect.jap.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

Yeah !!! laugh.pngbiggrin.png I think it is being missed that this is 6 years old.

Passport.

2 photo's.

At two pedal apparatus, you press the pedal that represents an accelerator, looking at a green light, when it turns to red you hit the other pedal representing the brake as quickly as you can.

You get your licences in about 20 - 30 mins as long as it's not lunch time.rolleyes.gif

What are the photo's for?, they take a pic of you when you complete the tests to put on your new licence.

Passport.

2 photo's.

What are the photo's for?, they take a pic of you when you complete the tests to put on your new licence.

Phew !! like I said :-

[My Quote] Note that different provinces do things differently but for Sukhothai DLT. [unquote]