Beware of Thai brand Inkjet Photo papers, terrible photo quality.

muratremix

It is very hard to find epson / hp photo papers (4"x6" or A4) in Thailand so I bought some local brands from IT City, Office Depot. In first, I assumed my printer isn't good enough. However, I brought some previously bought (3+ years ago) photo papers in both 10x15 cm and A4 size (Epson and HP Brand). I was shocked with the quality of prints. I use an epson L200 (Don't recommend it) and prints are amazing with epson/hp photo papers. Prints with Thai brand papers (I'll write brands later) are terrible. Its like you print on plain paper, only a bit better.

Why I created this topic? Well, to save your money of course! If anyone knows where can I get HP / Epson brand photo papers in Thailand (preferably online) please let me know.

Depends on the IT City store and the moon phase, I think. The IT City store here in Hua Hin rarely stocks the HP/Epson brands, though ISTR the IT City store in Tukcom (Pattaya) did.

I have used the Thai manufactured IJ Photo paper for several years and have no problems with it. Ideally you should have a profile made for the paper and printer that you are using but even using the default Epson profiles the results are still acceptable.

I use an Epson L800 by the way which is probably the best investment that I have ever made, the quality of the photo prints being very good and certainly the cheapest inkwise on the market. The only difference between the L800 and the L200 as far as I am aware is that the L800 is 6 colour whereas the L200 4 colour .

I bought 20 sheets of A4 photo paper from PowerBuy and they seems okay, IJG-230.

A bit over 10 baht a sheet.

Regarding printers: Bought an Epson L210 (print,scan,copy) which I so far have been very happy with with very good photo color prints.

The good thing about it is the large tanks (4) and only 250 baht for 1 refill bottle which is very cheap compared to my old Epson that used cartridges type of ink colors so that was expensive to print A4 photos.

I haven't tried IJ. It seems I bought Hi-Jet brand which wasn't the cheapest one. I also bought a no-name paper before which was similar in quality to this hi-jet. I printed on this paper both on Canon MP280 and Epson L200 and quality is terrible. Its like comparing 320x480 phone screen to 960x640 retina screen.

I'm unhappy with L200 because printer head gets clogged. I sent it to repair recently, and I assume they cleaned it. It worked fine for a week or two, and then I had to clean nozzles again by wasting ink. Perhaps they fixed this issue by L210 but its not the only problem. Printing speed of L200 also extremely slow (due to bundled CISS system I assume).

Buying HP/Epson papers from ebay would cost much more than buying them in my homecountry so I'm not planning to pay them from ebay (due to shipping costs). Besides, I have enough stock of papers for now :)