Till now, what is your fondest memory related to LOS ?

benalibina

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also many, many

My 21st Birthday at the SNCOs Club at the USAF Base, Utapao.

Entering the Chao Phraya at dawn for the slow trip up river to berth at Khong Toey (it took a few hours). Getting the long tailed boats ashore as liberty boats. Paying the skippers to race each other up and down the river. The beautiful girls coming alongside in their boats, in traditional thai dress, selling Coca Cola, Wood Carvings and bolts of Thai Silk.

The first time we ever got out of Bangkok and ventured to Pattaya for a long weekend.

First Bungalow, Chaweng Beach, Ko Samui 1983.

My first train trip from Singapore to Bangkok.

Living in a typical slum in Khlong Toey.

Getting thrown out of the Bar at the Windsor Hotel 3 years in a row,

Attending the Friday evening Happy Hours at the Australian Embassy and then kicking on to Patpong.

Lazy Sunday afternoons with Sam in the Grand Prix Bar in Patpong. Xmas and New Year in Patpong.

Weekend trips to Pattaya with the Grand Prix 'Crew', holding tequila drinkathons and giving the 'Snuff Gun' a workout with BJ in his bar

Drinking Beer and consuming a plate of Beans and fresh bread roll with 'Tiger' at Lucys Tiger Den in Suriwongse Road.

The 1985 'Patiwat' (coup), waking up the morning after I was married, in Bangkok. All radio stations blaring out varying forms of Martial Music, the place a buzz. Famous VN War Correspondent and Grand Prix Bar patron, Niel Davis murdered when taken out by a tank round in front of the TV Station. Attending his testimonial dinner at the Montien Hotel a week or so later..

lots :)

• Like 2

My fondest memory is not really a separate event so much as the feeling I got when I finally felt capable of finding my way around Thailand on my own without getting lost because I couldn't speak the language or read the signs. The more I traveled the more I wanted to explore further.

• Like 2

Well it's got to be,being at the Birth of my Beautiful Thai/English Daughter,who at six years old has turned into a very intelligent,smart free thinker,who will most certainly,go far in life.

Free thinker, struck a nerve with me MAJIC. Keep up the good work to inspire her to stay that way.

For me its the little acts of kindness. Sitting on a bus. halfheartedly fiddling with the plastic wrap on the top of my bottle of water to remove it, while looking at the scenery out the window. The young girl sitting next to me put her hand on top of my fiddling hand. I turned and made eye contact. After a brief moment she took the bottle out of my hand and removed the plastic wrap and handed it back to me.

Getting a foot massage as the dentist worked on my teeth.

• Like 1

Fondest memory was the first time I rode a scooter in Thailand. Rush hour at the Pattaya 2nd Road and Tai intersection. In a pack of 50+ bikes when the lights turned green......and I thought I was going to miss circuit racing.

That first traffic light frenzy was as big a buzz as any flag drop in a superbike race, and continues to be so.

i have many , too many to write down . the good out weighs the bad . but the one I always will remember is meeting my wife for the first time ..

This topic is not about good or bad.

i answered your topic the best memory was meeting my wife , that is my fondest memory , you said about you dying , that was not about your child being born . you could have just said about your child being born ...isnt that the same ... it was about your fondest memory not about your sadest about dying which would have been very sad for all involved .

Two of my happiest memories are getting divorced from my first Thai wife around 2009 and getting divorced from my second Thai wife earlier this year coffee1.gif

Simon

That is honesty of the highest order. thumbsup.gif

Think we need a 'Take my hat off'' emicon. smile.png