step daughter and logic

lovelomsak

You are asking about young peoples logic you could include most Thais in that question.

I wonder if she will think about it and change her mind.

You done the right thing under difficult circumstances.

What could you possibly know about "most Thais?"

The topic was about the logic of young people and one child in particular. Why the rush to turn every thread into some childish display of illogical Thai bashing?

Do you think Thailand has a logical government and educational system that can produce logical thinking I am married to a Thai and lived here for 12 years and I love the place I was pointing out that the young lady is Thai and I am not surprised by her logic because I don't seem to see much logic in a lot of day to day things that you see and read here.

Sorry you see it as Thai bashing that is not my style maybe there logic and my logic are different

clap2.gif , and it is not Thai bashing it's the daily rolleyes.gif that many of us deal with. Jocko and myself have the same T-shirts. biggrin.png

Many believe otherwise. You should have done your homework better before........

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anotheroneamerican

I once heard a 10yo Thai boy shout at a foreigner, "Don't tell me what to do, you are just the guy shagging my mother this week"

Which I though was quite amusing, and in that instance very appropriate.

Wow, I would think that reflects somewhat poorly upon the kid's mother..... cheesy.gif

This the feeling of most Thais Children who have Farang Step Dad. They see the father as a walking ATM machine and a sucker

Edited by harryfrompattaya

When I think back to when I was 15, wanted a bike whistling.gif . After school went to an engineering workshop and operated a lathe to buy that bike, l did. NOW, a job to get kids out of bed cos ma & pa AND gran ma & gran pa must give. Very sad.sad.png

You mean your parents did not give you a transam at 15

When I think back to when I was 15, wanted a bike whistling.gif . After school went to an engineering workshop and operated a lathe to buy that bike, l did. NOW, a job to get kids out of bed cos ma & pa AND gran ma & gran pa must give. Very sad.sad.png

Nooooooooooooooo laugh.png , I got sod all really, but then my parents were divorced so had to do my own thing. smile.png

Nooooooooooooooo laugh.png , I got sod all really, but then my parents were divorced so had to do my own thing. smile.png

Ye twisting and turning on your lathe.

• Like 1

You had access to a lathe..why buy a bike you can make everything with one of them.smile.png

When I look back, wow how things have changed now. Imagine an employer paying a schoolboy today to operate machinery and the repercussions w00t.gif .

The hang em high brigade would have a field day. '' Oh, the poor thing, being used like that'', when in reality I didn't have a dad around to get bye.

14 year-old Thai girl, 10 year-old Aussie girl or 4 year-old Thai boy - Gen X, Y & Z. All the same - they will play one parent off against the other to get what they perceive as a "need". I'm back on Oz & watched a kid grow up opposite from when he was born. He is a spoilt little shit, given everything from birth by parents with attitude. Now at 17 he sneaks down to the park 100m away to smoke dope with his loser mates. So he & his mates get their licence. Mum & Dad give him a Subaru WRX 2 weeks later! I expect to see the funeral notice within 12 months. You can't help kids unless you put in the time & effort, not just throw cash at them.

As a parent I applaud the OP for thinking carefully about it. I would have bought the cheaper phone however - Charged it, put a SIM in it & left it on the table. The psychology of temptation.....

My niece tried that with refusing a phone after she washed the old one ( a genuine accident.) Went to buy her one for 1200 baht which was a good standard phone. She refused. 4 days later she wanted to go to a school camp to investigate a university with her friend. Begged me for a new phone. I gave in and said I would buy what I said I would. We went with her to buy one no stock...she had to accept one without the music player etc.

What goes round comes round.

14 year-old Thai girl, 10 year-old Aussie girl or 4 year-old Thai boy - Gen X, Y & Z. All the same - they will play one parent off against the other to get what they perceive as a "need". I'm back on Oz & watched a kid grow up opposite from when he was born. He is a spoilt little shit, given everything from birth by parents with attitude. Now at 17 he sneaks down to the park 100m away to smoke dope with his loser mates. So he & his mates get their licence. Mum & Dad give him a Subaru WRX 2 weeks later! I expect to see the funeral notice within 12 months. You can't help kids unless you put in the time & effort, not just throw cash at them.

As a parent I applaud the OP for thinking carefully about it. I would have bought the cheaper phone however - Charged it, put a SIM in it & left it on the table. The psychology of temptation.....

The temptation thing did not work with my wife's lad, the Honda Airblade just sat there whilst his pal picked him up on a wreck. sad.png .

The temptation thing did not work with my wife's lad, the Honda Airblade just sat there whilst his pal picked him up on a wreck. sad.png .

Should have given him a Transam meanie.

Should have given him a Transam meanie.

He would have killed himself in about 10 minutes in that thing sad.png . Hang on a minute, hmmmmmm, hmmmmmmm. facepalm.gif ...........laugh.png

Transport sharing is good for the environment, encourage it!

As is water saving with the right person ... whistling.gif

Transport sharing is good for the environment, encourage it!

As is water saving with the right person ... whistling.gif

Trouble with the water saving is it can lead to heavy water use washing nappies.

I just want to say thanks to all who posted here. I sensed a strong support for my stance with the daughter from these posts.. The odd one was critical but that is to be expected.What i find hard in the situation I am in is realising the disfunctional family I married into. I feel I often stand alone trying to teach that with privilege comes responsiblilty. I know my wife would give into any want her children have. The wifes, brothers and father are the same constantly doing what I would call bribing the child to be good but in fact are rewarding her poor behaviour By. giving into what she wants but telling her she needs to change her behaviour which she never does. When talking to the wife about the daughter being unable to drive with no drivers ,license I found out the wifes drivers license expired 2 years ago.. So I feel all my efforts to help creat a responsible,stable,contributing adult out of our daughter is wasted effort and time, but shall continue in hopes my feelings are wrong.

Again thanks to all who posted in support. Also I should mention I didnot post for a while because i use internet cafes now and only go once a week, but i did read every post on the thread today before posting. And thanks to all who posted.

Hey mate thanks for reminding me, I just checked the wifes license, about to expire has forgotten all about it

• 8 months later...

This is just a follow up to original post.

Last month I started to feel bad a little about the daughter not having a motorcycle. I was getting my phantom motorcycle engine rebuilt so I went into the show room and looked around. I saw a few Snoopies that I thought looked good. So later that day I brought the wife to the shop and we walked around the showroom. The wife mentioned that the daughter now has lowered herself to accepting a scoopy. So I said great lets pick one out we like and tommorrow we can come here with her and see what she says. So everything is great I am feeling good,wife is happy and our hopes are up. Well we get home and the daughter is going out with her friends so we will talk to her when she comes home no problem. Well the daughter doesnot come home that night,doesnot answer her phone when the wife calls her and arrives home at noon the next day. Needless to say we donot go to the shop to buy the bike.

Then 4 days later the daughter goes out again and doesnot come home till 6 in the evening the next day and only after the wife calls her to come home. I ask the wife why she doesnot say or do something to stop this behaviour. The wife than tells me if the wife trying to tell the daughter what to do or discipline her she threatened to make life very difficult for the wife. . My wife is now afraid of what the daughter will do if she says anything and is afraid and I am told to stay out of it. The daughter says she has a boyfriend now. My wife wanted to meet him and arranged a bar b que on a saturday to meet him.The boy refused to come afraid to meet the family. He is suppost to be a student at the next town highschool. The boy has a Toyota pickup. So the other day he showed up to pick up the daughter and I went out and opened the door of the pickup to see what he looked like. He looked like a man in his mid to late 20s not a mattyum 4 highschool student. I mentioned this to the wife she said nothing.He hasnot come to the house sinse this to pickup the daughter.

The good part about all this is I now feel no need to help or care about this young thing. She makes her bed and sleeps in it. I will support my wife on any and all she does but will distance myself otherwise.

Oh ya last night first week school is back she shows up at home at 10: 30 at night from class.When wife mentions it is a school night she starts to arque in thai and the wife just keeps quiet. I donot know what she said but feel it was another threat.