step daughter and logic

lovelomsak

My stepdaughter appears to me to be more interested in showing she is in control of her own demise than anything else. I would like to explain.

A few months ago my stepdaughetr wanted a cell phone {the daughter is 14 years old }, So i told her she could have one but spend no more than 10,000 baht. We went shopping,she found the phone she wanted but it was 16,000 baht I told her that is more than I will spend. She said if she doesnot get that phone she doesnot want a phone. She still doesnot have a phone to this day.Has to borrow freinds phones to make calls.

Her older brother started university at Rangsit and received a new honda wave to get around. She felt she should get a new motorcycle too.So ok we decide to buy her a new Wave also.But no she wants the 125 mini bike that uses a clutch.I ask the wife can the daughter drive a bike with a clutch. She said no she cannot. I said why buy her the bike ? Wife replies she wants that bike,simple. Then I ask does she have a drivers license that agian was no. So we told her she gets a honda Wave or nothing. She said she would think about it. So now no motorcycle.

So here was a 14 year old girl who could have had a fairly good mobile and new honda Wave,but has nothing because she didnot get exactly what she wanted. I think her friends must get tired of her borrowing their phones and driving her everywhere.

She wants to be in contol so much she cuts her nose off to spite her face.

Times like this I am happy she is a stepdaughter not my flesh and blood.

My big question about this is Is this behaviour common among young people?

• Like 2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife gave her son her Honda Airblade, nice bike. He would not use it cos someone had a trendy bike rolleyes.gif . She bought him a trendy bike of which l am not happy about. sad.png

Man ... I thought YOU were the head of the house ... rolleyes.gif

I hope you cut her favours down to once a week to teach her a lesson!

Please reinstall favours to bi-weekly once lesson has been taught.

• Like 2

My wife gave her son her Honda Airblade, nice bike. He would not use it cos someone had a trendy bike rolleyes.gif . She bought him a trendy bike of which l am not happy about. sad.png

Man ... I thought YOU were the head of the house ... rolleyes.gif

I hope you cut her favours down to once a week to teach her a lesson!

Please reinstall favours to bi-weekly once lesson has been taught.

Nooooooooo, she bought it via her budget, so l eat every other day now. laugh.png

• Like 2

You are the cheap Charlie who would rather see your step kid have no phone or transportation to save a few bucks you don't even need and since your friends and neighbors know it's nonsense have to try and gain sympathy on the internet from random strangers ........ who is the one cutting the nose off ? her ? or you ? ........... you are the one who is refusing to give your step kid a decent product you can easily afford so you look like a cheap Charlie douchebag ..... and you are ....... It's you who is cutting your own nose off to spite your own face because you are wanting to save a couple of bucks you don't need to look like and be a douchebag parent instead and the only hope in hell of getting anyone to side with you is on the internet.

When I was 14 (in America), I wanted these pair of sneakers that all the other kids had (Converse All-Stars). My parents refused and bought me a cheapo pair of K-mart specials. Didn't go over well with the other kids at all. That really, really pissed me off. It's amazing how we remember these things.

• Like 1

When I was 14 (in America), I wanted these pair of sneakers that all the other kids had (Converse All-Stars). My parents refused and bought me a cheapo pair of K-mart specials. Didn't go over well with the other kids at all. That really, really pissed me off. It's amazing how we remember these things.

I think it's more worrying how 'we' can't forget these things.

• Like 1

When I was 14, I worked for them, and paid for them. and I wore them.

My parents didn't give me much in the way of material goods, and I never expected them to.

Home, food, love and the opportunity for education were enough for me.

But brand name stuff didn't exist much when I was a kid (apart from Coca Cola).

• Like 1

I think it's more worrying how 'we' can't forget these things.

I think it good that we don't forget and point kids in the right direction instead of holding their hands out to folk cos they think money grows on trees.

• Like 2

You are the cheap Charlie who would rather see your step kid have no phone or transportation to save a few bucks you don't even need and since your friends and neighbors know it's nonsense have to try and gain sympathy on the internet from random strangers ........ who is the one cutting the nose off ? her ? or you ? ........... you are the one who is refusing to give your step kid a decent product you can easily afford so you look like a cheap Charlie douchebag ..... and you are ....... It's you who is cutting your own nose off to spite your own face because you are wanting to save a couple of bucks you don't need to look like and be a douchebag parent instead and the only hope in hell of getting anyone to side with you is on the internet.

Your a dick.

I totally agree with the Op about making sure teenagers understand the value of things. Thailand and the world in general is getting f@#ked up by people who are ignorant and think money is the be all and end all of happiness.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

People who tell it like it is are always called dicks ....it's you're not your btw .... it's not about money it's about quality and nice things , it's just that quality and nice things cost more and the op and I guess you and other posters are to cheap to care about that when it comes to your Thai step kids ..... if that makes you sleep better at night fine by me.

Your a dick.

I totally agree with the Op about making sure teenagers understand the value of things. Thailand and the world in general is getting f@#ked up by people who are ignorant and think money is the be all and end all of happiness.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

People who tell it like it is are always called dicks ....it's you're not your btw .... it's not about money it's about quality and nice things , it's just that quality and nice things cost more and the op and I guess you and other posters are to cheap to care about that when it comes to your Thai step kids ..... if that makes you sleep better at night fine by me.

My wife is CHEAP.My stepson has grown into a fine young man.

• Like 1