Noise from farangs living in the next condo unit at 3:00 AM each night

paulsh

Living in Pattaya  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm living here with my wife and we are having a healthy schedule: sleeping at about 11:00 PM, and waking up at about 7:00 AM.

Since a few weeks we are being woke up by the new neighbors each night around 3:00 AM when they come back from Walking Street. It's not uncommon to hear loud screaming, TV, slamming doors, and so on. All this would be "acceptable" during the day, but at 3:00 AM at night it's just horrible!

They're enjoying their holidays, while we're trying to live our life.

What is the solution?

Edited by paulsh
  • Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live in a house! Noisy neighbours, the No 1 complaint of condo dwellers.

Any recommendation for a specific area or agency?

The last time I tried to rent a house, it was dirty and didn't have any air conditioner in the main living area!!! (the ones in the bedrooms couldn't reach the living room)

I just don't know where to look, I need what I have in a condo, which is minimum 1 Air-Con per room (including the main living area and kitchen), no cockroaches, and an internet connection.

I know it's pretty basic but really hard to find! Most houses that I visited were "Thai Houses" with outdoor kitchens, only FAN in the living room, no wifi, and even cockroaches at some places!

:(

East Pattaya has plenty of very nice houses in gated communities. Mine is a very large 3 bedroom with private pool and great security. Fully air conditioned and though we do see the occaisonal cockroach, mostly vermin free. Place is as clean as you keep it and I have a maid twice a week and the wife tidy's up as well. Nicest house I have lived in in Asia.

• Like 1

Complain to the condo management.

I actually did, but it didn't change anything!

there is your answer -- live with it or move.

As for finding a house, you have to make it happen nobody is going to hand you the house of your dreams.

you might even have to install that AC, though there are plenty of nice houses out there, it just sounds like you are unwilling to pay for one

The last time I tried to rent a house, it was dirty and didn't have any air conditioner in the main living area!!! (the ones in the bedrooms couldn't reach the living room)

I just don't know where to look, I need what I have in a condo, which is minimum 1 Air-Con per room (including the main living area and kitchen), no cockroaches, and an internet connection.

I know it's pretty basic but really hard to find! Most houses that I visited were "Thai Houses" with outdoor kitchens, only FAN in the living room, no wifi, and even cockroaches at some places!

sad.png

East Pattaya is the way to go as mentioned by another poster. Pick up a free copy of the Pattaya Trader in Friendship or Foodland and have a look at the pull out map. You'll see the scores if not hundreds of villages that are out there to choose from. Take time to drive around some villages and you'll see all the "for rent" and "for sale" signs hanging on the gates. Some villages are a lot nicer than others, it all depends how much you are willing to pay. At the end of the day you will get a lot more space for your money than you do in a condo.

• Like 1

sad.png

you visited wrong houses!

• Like 1

sad.png

Pratumnak Hill Pattaya would be your best choice. The Estate Agency regards its area as a Beverly Hills of Pattaya.

I haven't lived in a condo for any length of time but reading threads on the subject, the noise when someone is renovating their skybox can make the whole building noisy. Having said that, there's fixed rules regarding the hours where work is allowed and the OP seems to be blessed with 3AM party people for neighbours. That may also be an increasing likelihood considering the growing number of 'legacy' condo's popping up on agoda and other room finders these days. Hopefully, they are on a short vacation but as someone suggested earlier, stop skulking around and let them know they are being disruptive. If it means setting an alarm and being awake and dressed for 'saying hello', then so be it. Don't confront them with a bed-head, crazy red eyes and wearing a towel.

Looking through printed or online property listings are great for getting an idea of where everything is and the current market price but in my recent experience, there are few Pattaya realtors that actually want to do it like they do in the west, keep their listings current and can pull together a decent list of what you want at short notice. Only a few have a dedicated renting desk whereas most of the others see rentals as the low-order revenue stream versus selling properties. Most of them will pull together a list of what they have and vaguely suggest getting in touch again if anything looks interesting.

Once you have a handle on where each village is, select the locale that most suits you (East Pattaya is pretty diverse), then drive around the villages in that area looking for the 'for rent' signs, taking phone numbers, etc.. Also ask the security guards as some may have a good idea on what's for rent or sale inside, or even point you in another, maybe better direction. If you see a house you like from the outside, go check it straight away or, if it is unoccupied but has a phone number displayed, call the number straight away, say you are interested, at the property and want to see it now. Don't bugger about with making short lists and calling to make viewing appointments if you can avoid it. It speeds up the whole process and may get you a better deal even though the property may be listed publicly.

I got lucky and it only took me a couple of sessions on the internet followed by about 3 days of viewing maybe 5 or 6 houses each day to narrow it down to 3 homes. Then I got the wife in to have a look at the final 3 and we both agreed on the one I hoped she would like. Result!

This is a GREAT time for scoping out houses, especially after a heavy downpour. You get some idea if your ideal home is going to be marooned among flooded soi's and cut-off from the nearest 7-eleven.

PM me and I will give you the name and telephone number of a reliable agent who will find you a perfect house

For the other TV members ........I don't need your sarcasm thanks

PMed you ;)

My budget is 15k bath/month including water and electric bills (so it's more like a 13k if the electric is at 3,5 bath/unit?)

Thanks!

Looking through printed or online property listings are great for getting an idea of where everything is and the current market price but in my recent experience, there are few Pattaya realtors that actually want to do it like they do in the west, keep their listings current and can pull together a decent list of what you want at short notice. Only a few have a dedicated renting desk whereas most of the others see rentals as the low-order revenue stream versus selling properties. Most of them will pull together a list of what they have and vaguely suggest getting in touch again if anything looks interesting.

Once you have a handle on where each village is, select the locale that most suits you (East Pattaya is pretty diverse), then drive around the villages in that area looking for the 'for rent' signs, taking phone numbers, etc.. Also ask the security guards as some may have a good idea on what's for rent or sale inside, or even point you in another, maybe better direction. If you see a house you like from the outside, go check it straight away or, if it is unoccupied but has a phone number displayed, call the number straight away, say you are interested, at the property and want to see it now. Don't bugger about with making short lists and calling to make viewing appointments if you can avoid it. It speeds up the whole process and may get you a better deal even though the property may be listed publicly.

I got lucky and it only took me a couple of sessions on the internet followed by about 3 days of viewing maybe 5 or 6 houses each day to narrow it down to 3 homes. Then I got the wife in to have a look at the final 3 and we both agreed on the one I hoped she would like. Result!

This is a GREAT time for scoping out houses, especially after a heavy downpour. You get some idea if your ideal home is going to be marooned among flooded soi's and cut-off from the nearest 7-eleven.

Thanks for the great advice!

sad.png

Pratumnak Hill Pattaya would be your best choice. The Estate Agency regards its area as a Beverly Hills of Pattaya.

cheesy.gif

Edited by Loptr

Complain to the condo management.

I actually did, but it didn't change anything!

Try again! and inform the Committee if they don't act.

Neighbour's problem is clearly Condo Management job.

At least with a condo you have the management to (usually) solve that.

In a house, if your neighbour has dogs who bark all night, you have very few options...

• Like 1

There have been numerous complaints on TV from people living in houses regarding noisy neighbors, drunken neighbors, dogs making noise or a mess, burning rubbish, parties, compromised security, bad smells etc.

It doesn't make much difference whether you live in a house or a condo, but the "nature" of the neighborhood or the quality of the condo does make a difference. Drunks, slobs and Bozos occupy houses too.

Is the O/P renting directly from the building management or from some individual who owns the unit? I would think the owner of the condo would have more influence with management than would a renter, but it will depend on how well managed the building is.

I own my condo in a fairly well managed building. On the one occasion when someone in a rented unit made too much noise, I went to our manager and she immediately called the guy. He tried the "This is Pattaya" routine and she told him that most of the units were occupied by full time residents who had a right to some peace. She also told him security would check on him and report if he kept up the noise.

No more noise after that.

There are advantages and disadvantages to being in either a house or condo, but the most important factor in either case will be location, location, location. I know of people who live east of Sukhumvit who have neighbor problems, so it's not an automatic sure thing that a house will be the solution.

• Like 1

I've lived in a condo for several years. Quite a lot of the units in my building are rented and on rare occasions some short-term tenants have been noisy. Over the years I have twice had occasion to complain to the building management who sorted it out instantly. And by instantly I mean within two minutes of my complaint security was upstairs seeing to the noisy people and all the noise ceased immediately. I would not be satisfied with anything less.

As for houses being quieter than condos, I dare say some may be if you ignore the screaming kids and barking dogs (both of which I consider to be totally insupportable). One of the many nice things about a condo compared to a house is that noisy things in condos are mostly prohibited whereas in houses they mostly are not.

• Like 1

Yes you are right, live in a house with MOTOSAI all around !

Or maybe you can buy a 30 millions house to make sure that your neighbours are not BAANORK people ?

Anyway your life suxx, buy a new one, people who sleep at 11 must have a very boring life !

Edited by bangkokstick

sad.png

you visited wrong houses!

Not everybody can rent or buy a 50 millions house <3

• Like 1