British Tourist Arrested For Theft In Pattaya

Rimmer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British National accused of shoplifting from Central Pattaya Supermarket

steal-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police were called to Big C Xtra in Central Pattaya late on Thursday Night to arrest a 50 year old British National accused of shoplifting.

The suspect, named as Mr. Michael John, was stopped by security guards after he failed to pay for items worth a total of 2,800 Baht. He was seen to fill a plastic bag with a variety of food and other provisions as he walked around the Supermarket.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101004/british-national-accused-shoplifting-central-pattaya-supermarket/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-31

stupid foreigner, doesnt he know that stealing and getting away with it is reserved for the thais, can you imagine how many threads could be started by foreigners who have been ripped of by thais let alone general theft by thais, when a foreigner gets busted it makes the news

• Like 1

I thought only the Russians stooped this low...pension money must have run out

The article says he's only 50, for many people the peak of their earning powers. He has a good 15 years left until he gets a pension I would think.

Some of my best friends are English, but I've been bothered for years by the phenomenon of the dregs of England ending up in Thailand and acting like idiots.

Just another typical Brit in Thailand.

just another typical Brit bashing thread on ThaiVisa

With the occasional Thai bashing thrown in for good measure "what boring lives we lead!"

i think you are right

you would not believe the incredulity i encounter when i say to friends outside Thailand that i am going to a pub quiz night

they go ''f*************************ck ! you live in Pattaya!!!!!!!'''

From one Brit to Another- Hope you get what coming to you. Its no wonder we are hated all over the world.

You been "all over the world" and checked this then? Or just sounding off?

I will open by saying some of my best friends are Britz but an Irish politician I believe Parnell in the House of Commons over 100 years ago stated "The English have angered half the world and annoyed the rest." Or words to that effect.

How does petty theft from a Supermarket make it into the press.

When i was 7 i used to steal parachute soldiers from a shop by throwing them out the shop window to a mate who caught them sailing to the ground, i'd be famous for my crimes if i grew up in Pattaya.

"How does petty theft from a Supermarket make it into the press"

Because it was a farang doing it and a chance to show up a farang in the media comitting a crime is too much to turn down.

Edited by rinteln
  • Like 1

All that for just a few stuff ????? does a picture is needed for so little ? In a country where the rich murderer can flee the country to avoid prosecusion , showing this story is totally ridiculous. Ok he stole stuff then send him back home and ask him top pay ... I dont see the point to make the headlines. coffee1.gif

So not only Russians are doing simple thefts in Pattaya , the Brits are doing it too, good to know....

And you are from.....................? ............coffee1.gif ...............smile.png

Norway , everyone is rich there so I doubt you wll find a Norwegian doing this unless he is crazy and drunk.

Which is most of the time in my experience...

totster :)

From one Brit to Another- Hope you get what coming to you. Its no wonder we are hated all over the world.

I'm British, but I cannot help feeling a bit sorry for the guy.

Ok, he did wrong. But either he is desperate or he's mentally ill and either case deserves a little sympathy and understanding.

It's anyones guess what will happen to him now, if he cannot afford the plane ticket he may end up in the immigration detention place till someone coughs up the money, either way his punishment now is sure to be excessive considering the nature of the crime.

I guess suggesting a appeal for other Brits to band together and help this guy out is not going to appeal to users of this forum !

There are % of persons of a multitude of countries that are disliked for different reasons.

There are some objectionable beer swillers/Brits in tourist destinations, sorry to say, but other countries have the same problem.

I had experience of 5 star + hotel in London and the USA citizens were the ones that stole from the hotel most, but that didn't make them hated worldwide.

Some people are born Magpies.

Ive had some weirdo befriend me doing the same, i would have hit him when he asked for money if he didnt do the off!

But a flight costs 400 pound, a few changs cost 100 baht, thus If you can't afford a plane ticket you can afford beer.

The criminal mind at work. In the case of many Thais it is Money No. 1. Apparently in your mind beer gets top priority.

Yet another pearl of wisdom from you.

Napoleon called Britain a nation of shopkeepers not shoplifters. You may be hated all over the World but I am welcomed, feted and admired in every country - and I don't even know David Beckham - or want to.

• Like 1

Yes a nice little stay in a Thai jail and send him home.

There must be a good chance that he hasnt got the money to fly home, id bet there are many like this who are stuck in Thailand.

Well a nice long stay in jail for him then. When I lived in Bangkok I had 3 different guys (strangers not friends) ask me for money to buy a plane ticket home because they had their money stolen or some other pathetic story. Would I help not a chance. All 3 were drunk. If you can't afford a plane ticket you can't afford beer.

Agreed, all pretty thin stories. Now if they had a sick grandmother, a lame buffalo, a school kid needing shoes, or a brother who fell out of a coconut tree they'd be off to the races.