Section For Eastern Seaboard?

wilko

Might it not be a good idea to change the name of this forum to "Pattaya and the Eastern Seaboard" or something like that?...

I've noticed that many contributors to this forum are based not just in Pattaya but also in the surrounding areas such as Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi & Trat provinces...imight it not be nice to include this in the heading?

Yes?....No?....

Might it not be a good idea to change the name of this forum to "Pattaya and the Eastern Seaboard" or something like that?...

I've noticed that many contributors to this forum are based not just in Pattaya but also in the surrounding areas such as Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi & Trat provinces...imight it not be nice to include this in the heading?

Yes?....No?....

How about the :

"PATTAYA, INCORPORATING EASTERN SEABOARD, SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING CHONBURI, RAYONG, CHANTABURI, TRAT; NOT FORGETTING MABPRACHAN, BAN CHAN, SRI RACHA, BANG SARAY AND THE MAJESTIC BISTRO"

forum?

Every time we get a posting from somewhere new, we could add it to the name of the forum. :o

How about the :

"PATTAYA, INCORPORATING EASTERN SEABOARD, SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING CHONBURI, RAYONG, CHANTABURI, TRAT; NOT FORGETTING MABPRACHAN, BAN CHAN, SRI RACHA, BANG SARAY AND THE MAJESTIC BISTRO" forum?

Every time we get a posting from somewhere new, we could add it to the name of the forum. :D

I was thinking of moving to Ban Laem to be close to the border for future border runs. Which forum would cover me then ? :o

Might as well change the name of the Bangkok forum while we are at it too. :D

:o

why? :D:D

Bangkok's full and real name is:- :D

"City of Angels, Great City of Immortals, Magnificent City of the Nine Gems, Seat of the King, City of Royal Palaces, Home of the Gods Incarnate, Erected by Visvakarman at Indra's Behest." :D

Now you know :D

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya :o

It likes this...

When you talk bad thing about Phuket. The expats there would say "Oh Phuket is not just Patong beach...there're a greater Phuket also"

But when it's their turn to talk about Pattaya.....they think only how bad Pattaya is but not how wonderful the greater Pattaya areas can be.

"City of Angels, Great City of Immortals, Magnificent City of the Nine Gems, Seat of the King, City of Royal Palaces, Home of the Gods Incarnate, Erected by Visvakarman at Indra's Behest." :D

Imagine trying to fit that on your driver's licence or passport :o

You forgot Banglamung

...but, but, but....Pattaya is a part of Banglamung.....as is Naklua and Jomtien.

Yes... but don't you see Artisan? Everyone wants to feel part of it - makes them feel warm and cosy if they see their little piece of Pattaya up there in the heading. :o

I reckon Pong should be included, or maybe Pong residents (about 6 at last count) could have their own thread and we could talk about events at Wat Pong and the level of water at Lake Mabprachan to our hearts content. :D

I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya :o

It likes this...

When you talk bad thing about Phuket. The expats there would say "Oh Phuket is not just Patong beach...there're a greater Phuket also"

But when it's their turn to talk about Pattaya.....they think only how bad Pattaya is but not how wonderful the greater Pattaya areas can be.

But that's still not going to stop 'outsiders' coming into your forum and critisising - as all those Bangkok 'know-it alls' do at present.

Why don't you just make the Pattaya Forum private to residents only, and you have to produce your tabian Bahn or rental agreement as proof of residence within the Pattaya CIty limits before being allowed in as a member? :D

Might as well change the name of the Bangkok forum while we are at it too. :D

why? :D:D

Yours truly, :D

I was thinking more in terms of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.....and surrounding area.

Yes... but don't you see Artisan? Everyone wants to feel part of it - makes them feel warm and cosy if they see their little piece of Pattaya up there in the heading. :o

I reckon Pong should be included, or maybe Pong residents (about 6 at last count) could have their own thread and we could talk about events at Wat Pong and the level of water at Lake Mabprachan to our hearts content. :D

Good morning Mobi!!......Wow, now that would be an exclusive Forum. I can see it now "Pong Forum".... and then maybe some sub-forums e.g. Central Pong, Northern Pong, Eastern Pong, Southern Pong and I mustn't forget Western Pong. :D You can have one forum per resident :D

I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya :D

It likes this...

Are you trying to say that expats in pattaya are different from those outside pattaya? :o

Yours truly, :o

Or:

กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

Or:

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

Now there's a forum name to conjure with! :D

:......D You can have one forum per resident :o

What a good idea.

Then I could flame myself without getting banned, because I'd also be the Mod and would adjudge that the flaming was made under justified provocation. :D:D

:......D You can have one forum per resident :D

What a good idea.

Then I could flame myself without getting banned, because I'd also be the Mod and would adjudge that the flaming was made under justified provocation. :D:D

I liked that one!!!

Seriously guys... if you think a name change is justified, how about someone setting up a poll with a couple of alternatives listed, and see how the voting goes.

Results could then be petitioned to Forum Admin, who would consider it for implementation.

I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya :D

So please do enlighten us as to what the expat’s in Pattaya are like as compared to those around Pattaya.

I suspect that your actual knowledge of Pattaya expat’s in toto equates to the square root of bugger all.

Worry not, you are not the only supercilious Pattaya critic who posts from a zero knowledge base, although I do have to wonder why you and your ilk find it necessary. :o

Yours truly, :o

Or:

กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

Or:

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

The site which follows gives the full and complete name of BKK and lists it as the longest place name in the world....163 letters long:

http://www.thailandlife.com/ericshackle/placename.html

Or:

Or:

The site which follows gives the full and complete name of BKK and lists it as the longest place name in the world....163 letters long:

http://www.thailandlife.com/ericshackle/placename.html

I thought I had just done that? :D:o

So please do enlighten us as to what the expat’s in Pattaya are like as compared to those around Pattaya.

I suspect that your actual knowledge of Pattaya expat’s in toto equates to the square root of bugger all.

Worry not, you are not the only supercilious Pattaya critic who posts from a zero knowledge base, although I do have to wonder why you and your ilk find it necessary. :o

That's really strange Noel, because I took that post completely the other way around - i.e BKK90210 was IN Pattaya and he didn't want to associate with those AROUND Pattaya.

But now I see you are right; this guy seems to have something unpleasant stuffed up his hooter, and I didn't notice it.

Must be getting old.

Well, he can be the very first member to have his own Forum :-

"The BKK90210 (I'm a hoit-toity from the outlying areas who doesn't wish to be associated with those inner area low lifes) Forum."

:D

How about some honesty on the internet.

The name of the Pattaya Forum should be changed to ----

SIN CITY Forum

:o:D:D I like it.

But if we really want honesty, how about:

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST WHINGEING, "HOLIER THAN THOU" POST Forum

It likes this...

I'm really confused with this posting and I'm still trying to work out what he actually means. On the face of it, it is a derogatory posting and I would like to hear his explanation also...but I doubt if he'll reply to the challenges given out already by Mobi, Dave and Noel.

Come on BKK90210, enlighten us Pattaya expats (city dwellers and suburb wallahs alike).