Thai professor recommends raising taxes on non-married individuals

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a country who puts so much credence in what so called 'academics' say, they sure cannot half talk some crap. In most countries other than the ones at prestigious universities, 'academics' are generally thought of as people who could not cut the mustard it in the private sector, and went for the easy option.

In Thailand they literally have thousands of these academics who people actually seemingly listen to. I am not sure an academic from the Thai education system is much to right home about, although having said that, i suppose the majority of politicians attempted to come through the same Thai education system as well.

In the rest of the world, an academic is just that. In Thailand they are held up like some fountain of wisdom. Scary, truly scary, some of the crap that comes out of the mouth of supposedly educated people.

Bear in mind they were educated in Thailand 40 years ago....

What we definitively need are more people in the world. Producing more children makes is easier for politicans to solve some problems which might be more difficult to solve otherwise (like retirement payments). They do not care about the long term problems by overcrowding the world. And nobody would start producing children only becaus eof some tax advantages. It is probably a way of the governmenmt to tell the people, hey we want your money. More money means more power, that's it.

Absolutely ridiculous!

What about the infertile?

Or those who are unable to find a mate?

The mental challenged, or physically incapable of married life?

This is not going to force anyone to marry, but it will be grossly unfair.

'Hey, will you marry me, we need the tax reduction.' ABSURD!

Or Professors

• Like 1

If there is such a problem that the professoer claims - that the thai women bear to few children - the thai goverment should encourage couples that get children and encourage couples to have more children - not punish those who for very many reasons doesnt get any children.

And then they should kick that so called professors ass and remove him from his job forever.....

This is a preposterous proposal. This Mr. Terdsak can now never be taken seriously again. It reminds me of Ben Kingsley's line in the film Bugsy, when he said Ben, never repeat what you just told me, and Warren Beatty asked why? The response was, no one will ever take you seriously again if they hear you say this.

For a country who puts so much credence in what so called 'academics' say, they sure cannot half talk some crap. In most countries other than the ones at prestigious universities, 'academics' are generally thought of as people who could not cut the mustard it in the private sector, and went for the easy option.

In Thailand they literally have thousands of these academics who people actually seemingly listen to. I am not sure an academic from the Thai education system is much to right home about, although having said that, i suppose the majority of politicians attempted to come through the same Thai education system as well.

You need a master degree here just to make a proper cup of coffee .........coffee1.gif[/
Edited by garydubbs

Rubbish, how about single parents?

You can not punish somebody for being single. Only possibility is to raise all tax and compensate families with low income, single parents etc. by other means.

I fear that would not go down well with the voters.

Do rice farmers pay income tax?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To me this is a lot of hot air by simplifying the original proposals of the academic to a loud crying headline by "Coconut".

He made a lecture and laid out different proposals to counter the low birth rate.

Among them tax cuts for families with children.

"First child policy" etc.

Completely usual in many western countries.

Wish a Thai expert could read the article:

http://www.dailynews.co.th/businesss/231063

(though Google produced some plausible stuff)

"marry me, I want to save taxes" / "absurd" a poster wrote.

Absurd?: still completely normal in Germany for a single income couple.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Absolutely ridiculous!

In Germany that's standard. Singles pay a higher income tax than married people. It changes when there are two incomes for a couple

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

• Like 1

Hey professor, in case you didnt know, its entirely possible to produce children without being married,

and its entirely possible to be married without producing children, get your facts right.

Now if your itch is to have more children, you can encourage that, and it is unrelated to martial status.

1] You can provide incentive such as child support

2] In lack of a suitable stud, pm me with pic of the mare and cash offer

In both of these suggestions, amount of money can be adjusted to meet desired goal.

Edited by poanoi

This is not a story it is written by someone who has no idea what they are saying

I did not know you had to pay for increased "intuitions" when you have more children WOW

and all along I thought the word was tuition for chilren

The best way is to make sure children get FREE school until grade 12 rather then the other way he is suggestiong

Think of it

The greatest natural resource Thailand has are its children yet they do little if anything to promote their future

Educate the children and you will take leaps in your economy in the near future

But the Thai Government just does not get it

Watch people have more children because the parents know their children will have a better future with FREE SCHOOL NO INTUITION 55555555

Look, if they are just worried about producing more children then I can help! tongue.png

Maybe this could be an alternative to having to pay that medical insurance tax the Thai govt's been considering! 'Talk about a win-win!! (Seems like women would have to make a somewhat "heavier" contribution, but some might go for it.)

• Like 1

Absolutely ridiculous!

Why bother about infertile, mentally challenged, physically challenged or socially challenged?

And overlook the vast majority of fertile, mentally sound, hard working single Thai women?

Abandoned by their men, abandoned by their Gov't, not provided by Social Security Services, they are carrying this economically creaking society on their shoulders.

So, let us burden them with extra tax for being single! And put them in one group with all the other 'challenged' minority groups as per animatic.

In a true spirit of equality as per Honorable venerable Professor. Where did he get his PhD?

They used to say in the old times that

Australia was riding on the back of her sheep;

England was riding on the back of her colonies;

America was riding on the back of her slaves;

All this has changed, but Thailand is still riding on the back of its women.

Edited by ABCer

This is not a story it is written by someone who has no idea what they are saying

I did not know you had to pay for increased "intuitions" when you have more children WOW

and all along I thought the word was tuition for chilren

The best way is to make sure children get FREE school until grade 12 rather then the other way he is suggestiong

Think of it

The greatest natural resource Thailand has are its children yet they do little if anything to promote their future

Educate the children and you will take leaps in your economy in the near future

But the Thai Government just does not get it

Watch people have more children because the parents know their children will have a better future with FREE SCHOOL NO INTUITION 55555555

Oh yes! They do get it.

They just do not want to lose their privileges.

If tomorrow every Thai wakes up really smart and well educated (and I mean REALLY!) - where will their Gov't wake up?

Another great idea by the folk who control LOS. w00t.gif

I doubt that the dude with this fringe idea is in control.

At least he is thinking outside the box and invites to debate.

I think I would make a better PM than anyone that Thailand has so far produced. I would pack my Government with all my mates. I invite you to debate that. The notion is so far out of the box that it is over the horizon.

Anyone who advocates their country (or their religion) artificially increasing it's numbers wants their head examined.

There's barely enough room on the planet as it is.

Australia, Singapore, Italy and Japan to name a few are lining up at the shrink now for the head examination

China and India have already undergone treatment.

Thailand needs more kids? So that they can brag about 60 or 70 to a class? I shudder to think what the infant mortality rate would be. Could the grandparents who would shoulder the additional load stand the stress?

This crazy professor should limit his pronouncements to complaining about the tightness of the shirts and brevity of the skirts of his female students.