river rock, keeping the weeds out

painterscabin

It's time to start landscaping around our house and I want to put river rock all around between trees and plants. Our walking surface you could say, but would like info on what to put under the river rock first so the weeds don't grow through, I don't want to spary pestiside. A product available in thailand, I live in nong Khai prov. just for reference. Thanks

We have a similar issue with a French drain around our home. It consists of a trench with 1/2 a 6" concrete pipe in the bottom, filled with gravel and topped of with river rocks.

Our weed solution won't work for all, but we have pet geese who happily pick off every last fresh shoot that comes through. They don't get let out every day and need to be fenced off from the veggie garden. Organic, ornamental, good guard animals and they lay delicious eggs too. Win, win, win smile.png

• Like 1

We have a similar issue with a French drain around our home. It consists of a trench with 1/2 a 6" concrete pipe in the bottom, filled with gravel and topped of with river rocks.

Our weed solution won't work for all, but we have pet geese who happily pick off every last fresh shoot that comes through. They don't get let out every day and need to be fenced off from the veggie garden. Organic, ornamental, good guard animals and they lay delicious eggs too. Win, win, win smile.png

Except for the shit they leave everywhere ;)

Except for the shit they leave everywhere wink.png

You mean fertilizer :)

OP wanted organic :)

I was just thinking on this, and perhaps if there is'nt some strong poly weave material in thai, perhaps poly foil, like under roof tiles. comes in large sheets some brands can be strong. It's not black like the bedding material stuff you see in the west but perhaps it would serve the same purpose, retarding light and oxygen to the weeds. Well maybe a poster will direct me to just the perfect product.