PM Yingluck reassures Switzerland on Thailand's reconciliation attempt

webfact

By English News

Posted Image

BERNE, Sept 11 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has expressed appreciation to the Swiss government for supporting Thailand’s reconciliation process and for buying rice from the kingdom.

In talk with Swiss president Ueli Maurer during her European tour, she said Thailand was determined to strengthen democracy and unity in the country.

She thanked the Swiss government for its constructive role in Thailand’s reconciliation process by assigning a technical expert to work with the Truth for Reconciliation Committee.

Ms Yingluck invited Swiss investors to join in the development of mega projects in Thailand as well as the Thai-invested Dawei deep sea port project on the Andaman Sea in Myanmar, and said Thailand was ready to reactivate trade activities with the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).

EFTA comprises Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.

Ms Yingluck showed appreciation to Switzerland for importing more than 10,820 tonnes of rice from Thailand last year and expressed hope that Thailand would continue to export rice to the country.

The leaders of the two countries also discussed cooperation on tourism, security management, promotion of small- and medium-sized enterprises and management of electronics garbage.

Ms Yingluck is currently leading a Thai delegation to visit Montenegro, Switzerland, Italy and the Vatican. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-09-11

why she goes to Montenegro?

Answer: because Taksin has a passport of that Country.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Switzerland was never bothered when most of the world was fighting against the Axis tyranny.

Why should they care about Thailand's?

Another uninformed comment about Switzerland. At the beginning of WW2 the Swiss had outdated weaponry, 5 tanks, three of which were being repaired. You bet they cared about what was happening outside their frontiers, they were completely surrounded by fascists. The plan was to stand and die basically, most Swiss were convinced that this was what was going to happen.

Do some reading

Really. And so, in good old Swiss tradition they became bankers to the Nazis and Facists. Those nice SS customers made some fantastic deposits and very few withdrawls.

Neutrality guaranteed by the amount of crooks, gangsters, thugs, warlords, "world leaders" and other undesirables who are good banking business.

Wasn't there some token efforts made to find some of the real owners of pirated wealth?

I guess the Shins are good customers of the Swiss banking system.

Switzerland was never bothered when most of the world was fighting against the Axis tyranny.

Another uninformed comment about Switzerland. At the beginning of WW2 the Swiss had outdated weaponry, 5 tanks, three of which were being repaired. You bet they cared about what was happening outside their frontiers, they were completely surrounded by fascists. The plan was to stand and die basically, most Swiss were convinced that this was what was going to happen.

Do some reading

Really. And so, in good old Swiss tradition they became bankers to the Nazis and Facists. Those nice SS customers made some fantastic deposits and very few withdrawls.

Neutrality guaranteed by the amount of crooks, gangsters, thugs, warlords, "world leaders" and other undesirables who are good banking business.

Wasn't there some token efforts made to find some of the real owners of pirated wealth?

As this was the number one concern of the Swiss people it is now reassuring they can return to their daily lives filled with confidence that all is well in Thailand.

What an airhead.

Come to invest in Thailand, you will be allowed to have 49% of shares in the company you funded 100%.

That is not true. I invested USD 2 million and my 100% foreign owned company owns all the land (13 Rai) and I have no Thai partners. I got it all legally from the Thailand Board Of Investment (BOI) and I did not have to pay anything to anybody. First you must have a good business plan exporting or selling to foreigners. There are many foreign companies in Thailand enjoying this benefit.

Are you a US citizen? If so it's nothing to do with your business plan, you are entitled to a concession under a US/Thai agreement.

Do some reading

Really uninformed. The Swiss banks were combed through for money floating around dating not only from the 2WW but otherwise, nearly all of it was allocated. No crooks, gangsters thugs or warlords profiting from the American banking system of course and sending the world into a downwards financial spiral? Swiss? = cuckoo clocks and bank secrets. The Swiss sell cuckoo clocks made, all of them, in Austria and China, because people like you expect to find them there. Same thing goes for the Swiss bank secrecy, seriously weakened since the 2WW. Any sensible 'black' investor would put his money into the state of Delaware, the GB channel Islands or the Caymans etc.

You never went there, did you?