• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just goes to show what a corrupt country this is,two systems

if you have enough money or influence you can get away with

murder, its not even an isolated case,and not the first Policeman

to die at the hands of the privileged ,that case too was unsolved

even though everyone knew who the perpetrator was.

Regards Worgeordie

The " system " and i use the word loosely is flexible enough to suit the needs of those and such as those and we all know justice can be bought.

The esprit de corps and camaraderie of the BIB is such that a bribe trumps the death of a colleague.

The system could be completely altered if there was the will but those who could do it are those who are likely to benefit if the status quo remains. It's the same as all the " wars " on corruption, drugs etc, all fine words without any intention of actually doing what's necessary as the elite, hi so and politicians like it that way.

Had the hit-and-run taken place before the advent of the Web, it may well have been mentioned in newspapers and discussed around dinner tables. But now, with message boards and Facebook, among other outlets, their dissent is easier to quantify, and the narrative of a princeling, a silver Ferrari, and a dead policeman becomes all the more vivid.

Clever way to finish the article. More or less tells us what we all know - this kind of cr..p has been

going on forever. All the shouting from the rooftops ain't going to change a thing.

It is alleged that one of Police Captain Chalerm's sons had his bodyguards hold a police sergeant's arms while Chalerm's son shot him point blank in the face in cold blood. The terrorists in the South murder police and the government still wants to make peace with them. I think you have to be in the top 1% for you death to matter in Thailand. Just my opinion.

Does it bother you if the victim family is happy, very happy with the out of court settlement?

I'm glad if the family is satisfied. Better than if the loved one was killed by a poor person. What bothers me is this reinforces to all the other little 'rich princes' that they are, indeed, untouchable. Moo Ham springs to mind.

Inequality is here to stay in Thailand.

Just look at Thaksin and several other cronies who fled Thailand, what about the never resolved Saudi diplomat death & their jewel heist incident.

This Redbull boy incident will never be brought to justice, end of story the Thai way.

• Like 2

Funny they already "forgot" to mention the suspision of drving under the influance of cocaine and alcohol.

Maybe a few years later he didn't drive at all.

And he won't be charged with those offenses if he came back today, because the statute of limitations has expired on those crimes, The police are to blame for that as they should have arrested him before they expired. But a higher hand is obviously helping and I don't mean Buddha.

• Like 1

As much as I agree with the sentiment in most posts here, I can not see that it would make any difference to my small life, if this spoiled kid is in Singapore or in prison.

Yes it is proof of, that the system is not working. Hardly a surprise to anyone?whistling.gif

In Thailand BS talks and money walks!coffee1.gif

Had the hit-and-run taken place before the advent of the Web, it may well have been mentioned in newspapers and discussed around dinner tables. But now, with message boards and Facebook, among other outlets, their dissent is easier to quantify, and the narrative of a princeling, a silver Ferrari, and a dead policeman becomes all the more vivid.

Clever way to finish the article. More or less tells us what we all know - this kind of cr..p has been

going on forever. All the shouting from the rooftops ain't going to change a thing.

It is alleged that one of Police Captain Chalerm's sons had his bodyguards hold a police sergeant's arms while Chalerm's son shot him point blank in the face in cold blood. The terrorists in the South murder police and the government still wants to make peace with them. I think you have to be in the top 1% for you death to matter in Thailand. Just my opinion.

e.g. You're saying the UK government should not have negotiated a peace agreement for Northern Ireland where 300 full and part-time police officers were murdered by the militant factions of the political parties?

It's mind-boggling that they didn't confiscate his passport. Business meeting in Singapore? That's why we have teleconferencing.

If they were serious about wanting him to return they could simply cancel his passport and notify the Singapore government.

I was reading this article thinking "wow, this is pretty good journalism." then i saw that it wasnt written by one of our esteemed Thai newspapers. For a moment there i thought we there might be some decent journalism in this country, I guess I got excited too soon sad.png

Does it bother you if the victim family is happy, very happy with the out of court settlement?

So the law of the land, the relevant punishments, applicable (in theory) to all citizens should be all forgotten, just pay up and all forgotten?

And what about those who break laws (e.g. break a traffic law, and someone gets killed) and they have no money?

This approach makes a total mockery of the whole purpose of the law.

Punishment appropriate to the case should be there, as apunishment, and as a deterrent to other to not break the said law.

Compensation is a different, but important, matter, and should also be in the picture.

But compensation simple overriding the law is not acceptable, ever.

It's mind-boggling that they didn't confiscate his passport. Business meeting in Singapore? That's why we have teleconferencing.

If they were serious about wanting him to return they could simply cancel his passport and notify the Singapore government.

The guy faces the risk of 10 years in prison - or he can stay 15 years out of Thailand and return as a free man. I doubt we will see him back here in the next 15 years.

e.g. You're saying the UK government should not have negotiated a peace agreement for Northern Ireland where 300 full and part-time police officers were murdered by the militant factions of the political parties?

Please don't put words in my mouth and you can always find an example some where in the history of the world to refute any statement I may make. I'm only speaking in a Thailand context that a police officer's life is not so valuable. I am not qualified to comment on the UK government's decisions nor do I want to. Maybe you can find someone else to argue with you; I'm not interested.

• Like 1

The guy faces the risk of 10 years in prison - or he can stay 15 years out of Thailand and return as a free man. I doubt we will see him back here in the next 15 years.

No, its not that serious. His crimes will have to be pardoned in the Thaksin amnesty bill. This amnesty bill must include crimes of corruption of any amount, extra judicial killings aka murder, terrorism, in fact it must cover any crime imaginable so long as it was commited by a politician. He just needs to lie low ovrerseas for a few months until His amnesty bill can be rammed through then he will come home a free man, and likely resume where he let off.

Please don't put words in my mouth and you can always find an example some where in the history of the world to refute any statement I may make. I'm only speaking in a Thailand context that a police officer's life is not so valuable. I am not qualified to comment on the UK government's decisions nor do I want to. Maybe you can find someone else to argue with you; I'm not interested.

You raised the the example of the deep South, I responded to your comment; end of...

It just goes to show what a corrupt country this is,two systems

if you have enough money or influence you can get away with

murder, its not even an isolated case,and not the first Policeman

to die at the hands of the privileged ,that case too was unsolved

even though everyone knew who the perpetrator was.

Regards Worgeordie

To be fair you can find a two teir system in all country's.

Ask yourself a question can the average man really afford to use the full legal system in the UK or America. It's beyond the reach of most and justice comes at a high price.

Where was the justice for the crew memebers of the uss liberty or the victims of Bologna train station bombing, the list is endless and could be brought right up to date.

But nice to see the issue get a little bit of publicity overseas, although I suspect the issue won'[t register with most readers of The Noo Yawka. I often wonder whether foreign awareness of such issues is of any value. When your arrogance stretches to such an extent as it does in Thailand, then you're only likely to react when you're faced with great financial losses.

Yes, it would be difficult to get across the level of impunity, arrogance and entitlement, coupled with willful ignorance... I guess the best way to put it across to a Noo Yawka would be, "Imagine a country where all of the main political positions and all of the business people are exactly like Donald Trump - hundreds upon hundreds of little Donald Trumps (except with their own black hair), running the country..."

I think the most shocking part of this is that he killed a cop. Normally, it's a huge thing to kill police, even accidentally but here it seems to be a non event. Amazing.

Eslewhere in the world the police don't take bribes and run rackets.

In Thailand police are often indistinguishable from criminal gang members.

Besides that, Thailand has very little inequality, if you have the money you can get out of anything.

A process, in most countries, normally reserved only for royalty and government officials.

(Shhhh...... don't mention Chappaquiddick)

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Sickening.I'm sure i also read somewhere they've dropped the drink driving and the stuffing nose candy up his rich little bugle charge.

One has to ask if he wasn't under the influence of both,would the accident ever have occured and perhaps the poor unfortunate copper God rest his soul,would still be alive.

The higher they are the filthier it gets.Just like a bunch of Bananas not a straight one amongst them.

• Like 1

I think the most shocking part of this is that he killed a cop. Normally, it's a huge thing to kill police, even accidentally but here it seems to be a non event. Amazing.

In New York, it probably is still quite a shocking story, that he ran over a cop, dragged his body along the road for a while, then blamed the cop for getting under his wheels. I still rather think if you did that to one of the irish boys in blue even in this cynical age you would die in a hail of gunfire while resisting arrest.

But then it just highlights how little understanding the Farang has of Thainess, and how much more needs to be done to promote its values to the world.

If the southern insurgents were not pesky muslims, then there would surely be fundraising committees already in New York ....

• Like 2