Yingluck defends her choice of discoloured jacket

Lite Beer

Finally, she has some knowledge of the subject matter, I'll bet she feels very smart indeed being able to answer the questions posed.

Has she lost the plot or something? It actually looks ridiculous, and with that smile She looks slightly crazed!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally, she has some knowledge of the subject matter, I'll bet she feels very smart indeed being able to answer the questions posed.

Has she lost the plot or something? It actually looks ridiculous, and with that smile She looks slightly crazed!

Interesting point. For a woman who supposedly prides herself on fashion, to go out on an international

trip wearing a jacket with a large stain on it is very odd behavior. Perhaps there are some mental issues

at play here..... Or perhaps this is part of some clever long term strategy to turn over power to

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Surely there has got to be MUCH more important things to worry

about for Thai's than what the PM is wearing !

Regards Worgeordie

Absolutely not. Yinglucks fashion sense is of paramount importance in the development of Thailand. The odd crisis and Political unrest can wait.whistling.gif

We foreigners should remember that Thailand's Prime Minister, Her Excellency Yingluck Shinawatra, Grand Dame of the Order of the White Elephant (equivalent to exceptional orders of merit in Europe). is a cherished member of Thailands Noble Meritocracy.

The Premier's of the world are cognizant of this fact and respond to her in accordance with her noble status and her position as Prime Minister of Thailand.

At the very least we foreigners, as her guests, should accord her with our respect when we offer an opinion of, or to, The PM Yingluck, or indeed of Thailand.

She's promoting Thailand. She's doing her job.

promoting thailand ,like saying have you heard of the USA , OH Yes that large country that was a British colony ,maybe few people in the world never heard of Thailand or the USA ,shes having a ball ,tax paying people are paying for it ,in country where some people do not have running water only floods , what about the poor kids education ,told by thai teacher the worst school in the west is going to be better than the best school in thailand and thais kids do good in a western school given the chance , it goes on ,so i will stop

• Like 1

We foreigners should remember that Thailand's Prime Minister, Her Excellency Yingluck Shinawatra, Grand Dame of the Order of the White Elephant (equivalent to exceptional orders of merit in Europe). is a cherished member of Thailands Noble Meritocracy.

The Premier's of the world are cognizant of this fact and respond to her in accordance with her noble status and her position as Prime Minister of Thailand.

At the very least we foreigners, as her guests, should accord her with our respect when we offer an opinion of, or to, The PM Yingluck, or indeed of Thailand.

"Grand Dame of the Order of the White Elephant "

Or you joking ?? Hard to be sure here on TV sometimes.

When I saw this story, I immediately thought of the Han Christian Anderson short story of

the Emperor's New Clothes. And on a side note, respect is earned not given by birthright.....

A vain Emperor who cares about nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid". The Emperor's ministers cannot see the clothing themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions and the Emperor does the same. Finally the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects. The townsfolk play along with the pretense not wanting to appear unfit for their positions or stupid. Then a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

Interesting point. For a woman who supposedly prides herself on fashion, to go out on an international

trip wearing a jacket with a large stain on it is very odd behavior. Perhaps there are some mental issues

at play here..... Or perhaps this is part of some clever long term strategy to turn over power to

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

There is obviously some truth in what Abhisit says about her being a stupid woman!

• Like 1

Maybe for a young 'celebrity' trying to get noticed it is ok to wear something a little off the wall and edgy. For a middle aged woman who also happens to be the leader of her country it seems she has little sense of her own position and responsibility for the image of Thailand.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Discoloured jacket, she is only showing that she is poor and also wears seconds just like the ordinary folk whilst visiting Milan and shopping for fashions.

A little off topic but is this woman ever in Thailand? Only ever see photo's of her jet setting around to exotic locations and walking down shopping strips. Isn't it the functions of her trade ministers and foreign ministers to do what he is claiming to do.

excuse me dude. Her family has billions mind you billions in USD not THB so trips to countries the world over cost chump change to her.

Let us not forget she is asian and a female and yes those 2 added together mean she somehow has a greater status amongst other world leaders despite the fact that she got her position due to her bother thaksin but we can always forget about that.

We both know that if her brother wasn't the richest cretin of Thailand "Her Excellency" would be nowhere near any of these titles and decorations.

Discoloured jacket, she is only showing that she is poor and also wears seconds just like the ordinary folk whilst visiting Milan and shopping for fashions.

A little off topic but is this woman ever in Thailand? Only ever see photo's of her jet setting around to exotic locations and walking down shopping strips. Isn't it the functions of her trade ministers and foreign ministers to do what he is claiming to do.

excuse me dude. Her family has billions mind you billions in USD not THB so trips to countries the world over cost chump change to her.

Especially as most of it is covered by the Thai taxpayer.

• Like 1

Give Yingluck a break folks!

As a guest in this country, I try and avoid getting involved in Thai Politics but come-on....be fair, I think this time, she knew exactly what she was doing and her choice of jacket was perfect. It got everybody's attention and she was also able to Promote the Thai Silk Industry. Think about it before you start kicking the poor woman in the guts at every opportunity.

Give politics a rest and be glad she isn't another Julia Gillard.... then YOU would have cause to worry.

Edited by Torrens54

Give Yingluck a break folks!

As a guest in this country, I try and avoid getting involved in Thai Politics but come-on....be fair, I think this time, she knew exactly what she was doing and her choice of jacket was perfect. It got everybody's attention and she was also able to Promote the Thai Silk Industry. Think about it before you start kicking the poor woman in the guts at every opportunity.

Give politics a rest and be glad she isn't another Julia Gillard.... then YOU would have cause to worry.

No need to give Yingluck a break as she is taking lots of breaks herself.

Knowing exactly what you are doing does not guarantee any minimum quality, decency, style, efficiency etc. This Government knew exactly what they were doing when they kept the reservoirs filled up at the beginning of the 2011 rainy season and they knew exactly what they were doing when they started the rice scheme. The Thai electrician knows exactly what he is doing in your house and you still get electrocuted when you start your washing machine.

And "Cheer up, it could be worse!" is very comforting indeed.

Probably enters on a tourist visa and you know how difficult it is to get an extension what with all the Thai bureaucracy.