British man mysteriously disappears in Srisaket province

webfact

What I find odd is that her family name is Wallton, but then the article refers to her as Mrs. Luksami. It is grammatically incorrect and in my mind another example of how little respect is given to non Thais. It's already been pointed out that the car seems to take precedence over the person so I'll not repeat that point.

The grammar is incorrect to us, but is the Thai way.

I'm glad this chap has been located and hope he didn't miss his medication too much.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is "Thainess" (the not giving a shit about your HUSBAND that you love and care for and share a life with that's been missing for 7 or 8 days), then I want no part of it. It stinks.

In all fairness of "Thainess" up to now it's a pretty vague report on happenings but my first thoughts on reading the article made me jump to a conclusion that I wouldn't normally take, I joined the "who dunnit club", maybe I'm premature in my thoughts, time will tell but I hope the guy's safe and sound...

I hope the guy is OK, but my point was that if you "care" for someone and they went missing, would you go 7 or 8 days and NOT do something about it? This is her husband for crying out loud and she wasn't even sure how long he'd been missing? <deleted>!

Their relationship was obviously down the swanny, He disappeared and She did not look out for him, the outlined actions are rather strange ... car parked in bog, car doors closed, inside car were some of his private documents, and no sign of him personally.

The question is, did He indeed do this, it is doubtful, because a third person might have carried out this disaster and the HUSBAND might have been disposed somewhere, we shall have to await the outcome from the police.

• Like 1

This whole story smells, maybe a new case for TV detectives?

Husband missing 7-8 days (did anybody check ATM use during this days?)

Ask his friends if there have been some issues between him and his wife lately!

Shouldn't be difficult to find out why he "mysteriously disappeared" whistling.gif

If this is "Thainess" (the not giving a shit about your HUSBAND that you love and care for and share a life with that's been missing for 7 or 8 days), then I want no part of it. It stinks.

In all fairness of "Thainess" up to now it's a pretty vague report on happenings but my first thoughts on reading the article made me jump to a conclusion that I wouldn't normally take, I joined the "who dunnit club", maybe I'm premature in my thoughts, time will tell but I hope the guy's safe and sound...

I hope the guy is OK, but my point was that if you "care" for someone and they went missing, would you go 7 or 8 days and NOT do something about it? This is her husband for crying out loud and she wasn't even sure how long he'd been missing? <deleted>!

Their relationship was obviously down the swanny, He disappeared and She did not look out for him, the outlined actions are rather strange ... car parked in bog, car doors closed, inside car were some of his private documents, and no sign of him personally.

The question is, did He indeed do this, it is doubtful, because a third person might have carried out this disaster and the HUSBAND might have been disposed somewhere, we shall have to await the outcome from the police.

"we shall have to await the outcome from the police."

I hope you are patient and optimistic! thumbsup.gif

They found him this morning. He was hiding in a forest near Rasi Salai, his wife called the cops many times.

He's on a medication, left his home and lived many days in a sort of forest, drank water from the Moon river. He's in a hospital now for treatment.

Just spoke to a Thai friend from the Tourist police. His wife did care about him ,but had no idea where he could be. So please no bashing here. Thanks.-wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

No Thai bashing, so imagine this is some other country.

His wife called the police many times--AND ???? the police did not take action ???

If they did why did she call many times. ????

When was the police notified initially, it says 7/8 days after-so who is telling porkies.

This is the reason posters comment, because of the said report initially without follow-ups. Your bound to get speculation because of the UNKNOWN.

Good to know he is safe, and in good care. BUT posters would like to know maybe WHY he did it ???? because we rarely find out-due to few follow ups.

Do you think it may have something to do with how the article in the OP was written and how many facts were omitted from it?

Without all the facts, blame or criticism cannot be put on either the police or the spouse in this case.

We do not know if the wife contacted the police on the day the husband went missing and the police took action immediately. The several phone calls reported could be the wife checking on the progress. Who else was involved in the search, what other actions were being taken in the background? Was the missing husband admitted to hospital before or after the article was published? When was he found?

Unless we know the answers to these, everything else is pure speculation on our part.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons I detest the reporting from the media, but this is only a personal viewpoint..............wink.png

BTW ginjag, this is not a dig at you, I was using your post as a launch. Sorry about that.

C

• Like 1

But it wasn't was it? It was in Thailand where the mangling of English is a KNOWN forte of the media, where the police are generally KNOWN to do less than stellar work, where holding back on full details of any story is KNOWN to make for a shorter 'run' on the reporting network and this forum (less hits = less revenue).

This whole NON-STORY played out on some people's morbid fascination with elderly foreigners possibly being murdered by their Thai spouses; a fascination that is HUGELY inversely proportional to the number of times that such unfortunate events actually take place.

I hope the guy gets his medications and recovers.

Are you for real ??? I post to my mind what I think is sensible, whether it be the actual event or the part story that is rarely followed up, Did the HE HAS BEEN FOUND come from the newspaper or was it a poster who broke the news.

All the speculation from posters arrives from experience here, personal or from friends, So many of these stories reported are suspect, it is just not just the stupidity of foreigners falling into the web-it is the laws here that LET IT HAPPEN.This case may well not be in that fashion BUT most are.

Not missing with "OUR" car or "THEIR" car......missing with "MY" car.....HUMMMMMMMM !!!!!!

Have we scraped the bottom of the barrel with this post, written after the man was reported found? Probably not. Let's wait for the next one of its kind.

• Like 1

No mention of WHAT documents were found with his name on them. Passport? ATM cards? Simple paperwork of some sort like insurance? It would help a little to have that information as if they found his passport that could be a big clue.

Yes, missing for a week and no report from the wife. That in itself does not mean much either without more information. Maybe they had a big row and he walked out, so she did not phone the police. On the other hand maybe someone has done some dastardly deed. I feel with the car doors locked he has walked off somewhere.

Maybe they should try phoning him to see who answers his phone, if anyone?

Possible that since Voyager left the universe recently that aliens have come through the hole in space Voyager left and have kidnapped this poor guy.

Dang, they found him, as I now read from one poster. Bang goes my Voyager theory. But no official report of him being found?

Edited by grimblegrumble

But it wasn't was it? It was in Thailand where the mangling of English is a KNOWN forte of the media, where the police are generally KNOWN to do less than stellar work, where holding back on full details of any story is KNOWN to make for a shorter 'run' on the reporting network and this forum (less hits = less revenue).

This whole NON-STORY played out on some people's morbid fascination with elderly foreigners possibly being murdered by their Thai spouses; a fascination that is HUGELY inversely proportional to the number of times that such unfortunate events actually take place.

I hope the guy gets his medications and recovers.

Are you for real ??? I post to my mind what I think is sensible, whether it be the actual event or the part story that is rarely followed up, Did the HE HAS BEEN FOUND come from the newspaper or was it a poster who broke the news.

All the speculation from posters arrives from experience here, personal or from friends, So many of these stories reported are suspect, it is just not just the stupidity of foreigners falling into the web-it is the laws here that LET IT HAPPEN.This case may well not be in that fashion BUT most are.

I can assure you that I am for real. This is Thailand, it is what it is but you already know that. There's no way in Hades that any local rag posing as a newspaper in LOS is going to report a happy ending to this nice little earner. Not as long as there's still punters reading the OP and posting their rather gloomy predictions WITHOUT reading that there has indeed been a happy ending and not their much preferred body in the boot... ask the boyfriend theories.

All this "speculation from posters" arrives from a whole lot of bugger all else to do in their chosen, disenfranchised, 'I told you so', myopic, culturally moribund but precariously fragile stasis in Thailand and bugger all to do with any experience, either personal or anecdotal.

Now, can you say the same for YOUR chosen avatar "bash when needed, happy here" ?

Please don't say it isn't so? I am quite enjoying myself.

• Like 1

1. Check his bank accounts for large withdrawals after his disappearance

2. Bring in her Thai boyfriend for a classic BIB police station interview. They seem to be masters at

getting to the truth in short order......

3. Guess his will is not really relevant as he is only missing, not dead. But would be interesting to see it anyway

4. As my tag line says, to solve mysterious cases like this, just follow the money. Generally greed and stupidity

always trips up these criminals.

And yes, the 7 day period of not reporting him missing is pretty strange. These upcountry farangs are like

buffaloes in a milking stall, being carefully relieved of their money. So if your prized buffalo was missing from

the milking stall and wandering the field, you sure as hell would go out looking for it. Unless.........

Note to self : Never ever marry a bar girl and move upcountry............

I suppose city girls are great catches,but you die from pollution,over drinking,more expensive,so relieved of $ quicker.A buff can not live in the city,trained monkeys,maybe.

Get the popcorn ready! Here comes the Thai Visa CSI squadclap2.gif

coffee1.gif

Aahah! Not sure what to write here?

A poor resonse to the previous post, which brings a smile at least.

The CLAYTON POST.

The post you have when you're not doing a post.

The platinum member shows how he keeps his 4,166 post count up . . . the thought, the intellectual contribution, the wit, the wisdom and

the all inclusiveness of the emoticon. Not the bottom of the barrel though is it?

One level up from the gratuitous + sign.

If you're not sure of what to write, try restraint. If you're not sure what that is, try the dictionary.

• Like 2

They found him already this morning and his wife was very seriously looking for him. He's in a hospital now for treatment.

Unless the original news story was complete rubbish, it appears that she was not looking for him in the

slightest. The story seems to indicate in fact she did not report it at all until the car was found, then she said

he was missing for 7 days. If he was mentally ill or on heavy medication, that certainly should have been part

of the story. Looking for an ill person is much much different than a person who has disappeared..Another

strange episode in Thailand in I guess....... Why was he hiding from his wife ?? Oh sorry could not resist.. :-)

Either can i.The man was found alive and your still sinking the boots in.Medication and lack of same can make people do strange things.Compassion!!!

• Like 1

Im wondering which country you are from ? Are there no criminals in your homeland. If this had happened in germany or france ( assuming a crime has been commited) would that be because of some profound racial or social issue or just because all large populations have criminals in their mist?

Your post and like so many others on here stinks of bigotry. You judge a society by the section you mix with. If you want no part of thailand you are welcome to not be there. Im sure you wont be missed. If you do , perhaps try to mix with a better class of person.

• Like 2

Nothing to see here....husband takes the car out for a drive and still hasn't returned after 7 (or 8??) days and this isn't seen as abnormal behaviour by the Mrs?

I guess there are very few tall buildings to fall off in SiSaket.

Part of the new mega-infrastructure procjet is to build tall buildings in all the provinces for that purpose. I mean, why should Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket have 100 percent market share in "foreigners accidentally falling from tall buildings". And it is so inconvenient having to drive all the way. Far better for accidents to happen closer to the spouse's, girlfriend's or boyfriend's home town!

Wouldn't you want to disappear living in Sisaket? biggrin.png

In all seriousness, hope there is nothing sinister about his disappearance.

I'm living there happily for more than 11 years. He's found this morning. They treat him at a hospital now.-wai2.gif

If this is true then that's great and a better outcome than I feared.

It does seem some of the reported facts don't seem to add up but at least in the end all seems OK.

• Like 1

They found him already this morning and his wife was very seriously looking for him. He's in a hospital now for treatment.

Unless the original news story was complete rubbish, it appears that she was not looking for him in the

slightest. The story seems to indicate in fact she did not report it at all until the car was found, then she said

he was missing for 7 days. If he was mentally ill or on heavy medication, that certainly should have been part

of the story. Looking for an ill person is much much different than a person who has disappeared..Another

strange episode in Thailand in I guess....... Why was he hiding from his wife ?? Oh sorry could not resist.. :-)

Either can i.The man was found alive and your still sinking the boots in.Medication and lack of same can make people do strange things.Compassion!!!

Compassion? On this forum? Yeah, right!

What I find odd is that her family name is Wallton, but then the article refers to her as Mrs. Luksami. It is grammatically incorrect and in my mind another example of how little respect is given to non Thais. It's already been pointed out that the car seems to take precedence over the person so I'll not repeat that point.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'how little respect is given to non Thais' but it's normal as far as I know to use a first name. I'm usually called Mr Kim but of course that's easier for Thais to say and remember anyway.

Im wondering which country you are from ? Are there no criminals in your homeland. If this had happened in germany or france ( assuming a crime has been commited) would that be because of some profound racial or social issue or just because all large populations have criminals in their mist?

Your post and like so many others on here stinks of bigotry. You judge a society by the section you mix with. If you want no part of thailand you are welcome to not be there. Im sure you wont be missed. If you do , perhaps try to mix with a better class of person.

Perhaps I should have written in crayon and then you wouldn't have mistaken my point.

The particular quote you "quoted" doesn't mention "criminality" whatsoever, it references the lack of real love and care evidenced by this woman to her husband by not even wondering where he is for 7-8 days. I didn't speculate that she had done anything wrong other than "not caring".

As for bigotry, no, I don't think so . . . opinionated, intolerant to a degree and many other things, but not a racist or a bigot. You are correct on one point however, I do judge society by the sections I mix with, but as that ranges from the very poor lo-so to the very very rich hi-so's and everything in between, I'd say I've seen it all at some point or another.